5 Apr: MCR Performance Audit (archive)

Guest PaulOBrien

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Atomicman

Hope to see the Vanilla-Patch soon :D

One strange thing i recognized in the Vanilla Rom FR6 today: i set the alarm to 6.20h I took the phone at 6.28 unlocked it, and the alarm started ringing - but not at 6.20.. strange...

But.. to sum something up - without your support for the phone i wouldn't have gone for the 2x! GREAT WORK!

Guest Formel-LMS

Uupps, a ton of Force closes after the first boot.

What have I done?

1. reboot to recovery

2. wipe cache and dalvik cache

3. reinstall the r6 rom

4. install the pa3 patch

5. reboot

Have I did it false?

FCs are on setCPU, Swiftkey, Poweramp

Guest sebsal

Runs great. Still can't download from the market. Please remember to put the fix in the next release. Pretty please!

Edited by sebsal

Guest withoutwings

Battery dropped from 56% to 16% somehow despite being plugged-in to USB (WTF)!! And both Skype and Swype won't run without needing to be reinstalled (FC).

But it definitely does seem a lot smoother - good find there Paul!

Uupps, a ton of Force closes after the first boot.

What have I done?

1. reboot to recovery

2. wipe cache and dalvik cache

3. reinstall the r6 rom

4. install the pa3 patch

5. reboot

Have I did it false?

FCs are on setCPU, Swiftkey, Poweramp

No, that should be alright...

P

Guest dagrim1

Hmmm, setcpu is crashing on me now when I enable profiles?

Just installed r6 again and the pa3 update... After clearing setcpu data it runs but as soon as I add a profile and enable it a forced close occurs.

*Edit*

Uninstalling and reinstalling seems to have fixed it....

Edited by dagrim1

Guest poi2005
I'm merging it into Fr7 now.

P

Wooh, I'll wait for Fr7 and then download it together~~:D

One question though, my phone battery never hold full charge 100% more than 1 minute, always drop back down to 98%, is this a battery issue or I flash something wrongly?

Guest emprize
Wooh, I'll wait for Fr7 and then download it together~~:D

One question though, my phone battery never hold full charge 100% more than 1 minute, always drop back down to 98%, is this a battery issue or I flash something wrongly?

me too, the battery will drop to 96-98 very soon, once i unplug the charger

Guest withoutwings
Battery dropped from 56% to 16% somehow despite being plugged-in to USB (WTF)!! And both Skype and Swype won't run without needing to be reinstalled (FC).

But it definitely does seem a lot smoother - good find there Paul!

Battery now back up to where it was after disconnecting from USB and plugging into AC. Something weird's going on here! :D

Guest poi2005
me too, the battery will drop to 96-98 very soon, once i unplug the charger

After the drop to 98%, then it seems decreasing normally, I just don't get it why.

Guest winzhangout

How is it with vanilla kernel it seems slow to or isent it any wrong with it to? Maybe i should go back to lg kernel instead?

Guest Formel-LMS

Hm, trying again. Hope that it works now.

I was so happy while it arrives here and now I'm a bit sad, that there are so many problems on this phone.

Guest jabbs

This phone is very disappointing why can't they seem to get it right with Android ? I don't expect lag and slowness form a phone like this, no matter what Android phone I have had they always need custom roms to get the best out of them.

This was fast as hell with the rom and the fix then it seems when I put something in from the market the phone went on wind up speeds again.

Seems like i missed some excitement.

I flashed Fr6 on top of the stock rom then the pa3.

Here is my Report 2820 quadrant score and an extremely smooth UI OMG LG are so dumb!

Seems to me like LG used some Unprofessional or inexperienced android programmers for the optimus project.

It is so sad to see such a wonderful hardware spec phone so brutally mistreated by LG.

Paul you should get Paid by one of those companies for the work you do, I know for sure that I will buy what ever they will sell with your name mentioned in the developers team.

I cant say that the X2 was slow or anything i just know for sure that i will get a diffrent device that will have a smother UI as soon as it will be out.

But thanks to you I will be keeping this one for a while now :D

Big thank you P !

Guest Formel-LMS

I think I have to wipe everything, Titanium gives me fc's, too. Reinstalling doesn't work on my phone

Now I've uninstalled every app, what gives FC's :D But I can't restore my backup B)

I think I have to wipe everything, Titanium gives me fc's, too. Reinstalling doesn't work on my phone

Now I've uninstalled every app, what gives FC's :D But I can't restore my backup B)

Did you see my fix earlier in the thread?

adb shell busybox chmod 0771 /data/data

P