[ROM 2.3.6] t&l Metal

Guest lgcmn

Guest shuaib10

I installed the 1600Mhz Modiule from the first post of this thread, and now I have terrible battery life???? I even underclocked my phone to 786Mhz and its still not any better!?

Guest vkashin

i have noticed some peculiarity with the phone.. is there a limit to how many photos supported in Gallery? apparently my gallery is stuck at 475 pics, and any new photos taken won't be updated in Gallery.. is there a way to fix this? i tried to use the search topic function but can't find anything.. thanks

Guest KhalidY

Guys, anybody having problems with the gps lock on this rom? Takes quite a while ~ much longer than my previous Samsung Apollo.

Cheers

Nope, mine's fine, just the way it was on stock rom...

Guest nemlehet4

Hi guys!

I've just installed this rom on my phone, and works perfectly expect its sucking my battery down. When its in stand by mode its ok, but when I'm using an application I'm running out of juice very quickly. 2 minutes Angry Birds~10% battery life. In stand by mode whole night~almost nothing.

I'm installed the first one (RОМ t&l_Metal_2.3.6_13), and my CPU on 800Mhz. Backlight is about 12%, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth etc turned off. What should I do? I like this ROM because its fast as hell, and seem very stable.

Guest Unbr8kbal

Anyway just in case anybody wonders...

Here are some quadrant scores: 1820,2016,2186,2203.

Fresh rom and overclocked to 1.6 and NOT undervolted.

Very well built rom and feels extremely stable going to be a hard choice between this and CM7.

Quick question, does this ROM remove all the rubbish stock Acer apps?

Acer Clock,Acer Nidus, Acer Register, Acer Registration, Acer Sync, Docs To Go, GenieWidget, RoadSync, Spinlets, UrFooz, WaveSecure, bootsound, NemoPlayer, SocialJogger?

None of these are of any use!

Guest Smeelious

Quick question, does this ROM remove all the rubbish stock Acer apps?

Acer Clock,Acer Nidus, Acer Register, Acer Registration, Acer Sync, Docs To Go, GenieWidget, RoadSync, Spinlets, UrFooz, WaveSecure, bootsound, NemoPlayer, SocialJogger?

None of these are of any use!

Yes, it does.

Guest andryandrew

Hi guys!

I've just installed this rom on my phone, and works perfectly expect its sucking my battery down. When its in stand by mode its ok, but when I'm using an application I'm running out of juice very quickly. 2 minutes Angry Birds~10% battery life. In stand by mode whole night~almost nothing.

I'm installed the first one (RОМ t&l_Metal_2.3.6_13), and my CPU on 800Mhz. Backlight is about 12%, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth etc turned off. What should I do? I like this ROM because its fast as hell, and seem very stable.

I have exactly the same issue. Don't know if the problem is related to technolovers kernel (that unlocks fps cap), but the display and games take a huge amount of battery juice, almost twice than with 2.2

I have exactly the same issue. Don't know if the problem is related to technolovers kernel (that unlocks fps cap), but the display and games take a huge amount of battery juice, almost twice than with 2.2

I am using this ROM with stock kernel and even for me the display kills the battery, but probably no more so than with stock 2.3. Even with display brightness at 0 it is still a battery sucker. Anyone NOT seeing the display drain the battery with any 2.3 ROM?

Guest Smeelious

i have gingerouory 3.01 installed. Can i install using the same recovery which i used to install gingerourouy ar should i install amron ra

You can use Clockwork mod to install the ROM itself, but not any of the addons. Generally AmonRa is better for T&L.

I put [ROM 2.3.6] t&l Metal on my LM which was already running 2.3.6 and it all went very smoothly thank you. This is a very minimalist installation with only the bare essentials which freed up a lot of space - which is why I did it of course.

(It seems to run just as before- no faster or slower and no glitches on a cursory examination- which is what you would expect I suppose, I was surprised by the Russian map application though)

Thanks to IGCMN, Vache and others!

One thing I didn't do, because I was unable to find one and because I was impatient, was to do a backup of the original rom... just in case... I cannot see anything on the Acer site, can anyone point me in the direction of a copy?

• 2 weeks later...

Eduard1234

You casually reading my topic. You should carefully read what is written.

At the end of the 1st post has a link to the finished build kernel.

I build him with my tweaks and kernel based on source TechnoLover, but w/0 CM, MiUi support.

Technolover kernel compatible with T&L.

If you like kernel TechnoLover, then just flash the kernel of the link.

If TechnoLover kernel does not suit for you, then wait for T&L.

Edited by Genrix