8 Apr r2: Stock Performance Pack

Guest PaulOBrien

This download is a performance pack for STOCK ROMs. It should work on all v10 ROMs, but always do a backup in ClockworkMod Recovery first!

This fix pack includes my fix for the LG 'pre-dexopt' issue (seen on ALL stock ROMs to date) as well as the libsqlite patch I created based on the changes in this post.

• DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 42467708e9a4403f734f0dae4780f370

Enjoy! :D

P

Guest ODIN679

Hello Paul...

After flashing I encontered a small problem... My Clock on the status bar is now Black! So you can't see it very well....

Thanks

Guest maedox
Sorry for noob question, do I need to be rooted to do this?

No, but you have to install ClockWorkMod recovery first. How-to in the sticky section.

Edited by maedox

Guest BigBlue007

@Paul:

Any differences compared to the two separate patches you already provided?

Regarding the dexopt patch, in the original thread you offered separate patches for V10a, V10b and V10c. Is that no longer necessary?

TIA!

Guest hellokittyr
How much performance will you get from that database patch?

Before I did the dexopt patch, I was getting 24xx, after the dexopt its 2700. with the performance pack, its now 28xx.

Guest c1-p8
Before I did the dexopt patch, I was getting 24xx, after the dexopt its 2700. with the performance pack, its now 28xx.

Now crash tethering wi-fi with this pack :)

Guest kenghua

Thanks for the performance pack!

It's awesome! UI is much more responsive! Faster loading with apps!

Edited by kenghua

Guest Arival

Marvelous :) Massive speed increase, that will keep me happy till i have time to try out a completely new custom rom sometime next week! The only issue i've seen is that the LG Home app keeps force closing now whenever i try to mount the external flash drive.

Other than that perfect - thanks!

Guest Lucky-Strike
That's strange, tether working OK here?

P

Maybe from the fact it's no longer version-specific like it was originally for the pre-dexopt patch ?

Guest gioser611
Re tether, have you applied the OC kernel?

P

No I have the original kernel. Have I to flash the OC kernel? If yes, have I to do a wipe before or after I have applied the OC kernel?

Edited by gioser611

No I have the original kernel. Have I to flash the OC kernel? If yes, have I to do a wipe before or after I have applied the OC kernel?

No, not at all. Strange then, have you done anything else? Stock with this pack works fine for tethering for me?

P

Guest gioser611
No, not at all. Strange then, have you done anything else? Stock with this pack works fine for tethering for me?

P

The only things I have done before, were install stock performance pack r1, install the zip for camera

Guest AndreT7

very noob question, sorry in advance, I had stock v10a with performance patch, then I updated my software to the new v10b via LG update, is the performance pack wiped out with the LG update or is it untouched?

thanks in advance

Edited by AndreT7