Gen 2 Upgrades causing confusion

Guest Jekle

Guest Jekle

Orange Don't seem to recognize the IMEI Number of the Phone and They won't send me a replacement back cover for the phone, I was given a replacement OSF 3 weeks ago and as soon as I got it the Cover wouldn't fit properly The Jordie Women said she will send me one and I gave her my IMEI Number and she said thats all ok and she asked for my address, and she said she'll send one. Nothing came so, 5 days later I phoned Orange Customer Services and she said they're was a big queue for the Sales Department and she'll phone me up when It got sorted. Nobody Rang. (I updated to Gen 2 the next day) 9 days later I phoned Orange up again and told her the IMEI Number (Nothing Changed the IMEI Number its still in the Settings) And she said she couldn't send me a back cover because the IMEI is not coming up on the system, (I gave her the IMEI Number Twice and she said it back to me and it was correct what she said back to me) Is this because of the Gen 2 Upgrade? She said it might be because of the Replacement Phone's IMEI Number has not been picked up on the system yet (Yeah Right)

Can anyone else shed some light on this?

Guest sambartle

I'm not sure why they didn't recognise it..

But you can check the IMEI number on a sticker under the battery. If the software has changed it (which I doubt) then it wouldn't be recognised.. but the one under the battery will be the original one.

Try that.

Guest TCTUK
but the one under the battery will be the original one.

And yet if it was an Iphone you just know that apple would find a way to remotely change the IMEI number on the sticker itself!

Guest twatter
And yet if it was an Iphone you just know that apple would find a way to remotely change the IMEI number on the sticker itself!

Sorry but off the topic slightly....I believe changing the IMEI number is illegal in the UK and some other countries as well

But if it can be done it would be nice to know

Jekle.....seems like just poor orange service

Guest Jekle
Sorry but off the topic slightly....I believe changing the IMEI number is illegal in the UK and some other countries as well

But if it can be done it would be nice to know

Jekle.....seems like just poor orange service

I thought that too, just needed someone elses opinion, I might try again today and I'm pretty sure thats the same IMEI number behind the battery and the phone.

I have recorded the phone call just in case I need to refer to it again.

Guest ColdEmbrace
I thought that too, just needed someone elses opinion, I might try again today and I'm pretty sure thats the same IMEI number behind the battery and the phone.

I have recorded the phone call just in case I need to refer to it again.

Well check your box or behind your battery too make sure that it hasn't changed

Guest Simon O

Double check that the IMEI number shown in the phone is the same as on the battery cover and the box. It would be very helpful to know if your IMEI has been damaged when updating to Gen2 rather than reading the silly replies about stickers being remotely changed...