Using a pulse mini as a access point

Guest sodium1

Guest sodium1

I only use my pulse mini as a modem at work by using the provided mini usb/usb cable and it works really well. I would like to also use my Advent Vega at work, but i can only connect it to the internet via a wifi connection, and i would love to use the pulse mini for this purpose. Is it possible for this phone to be modded so it will become a wifi hotspot ?...Many thanks

Guest nedian05
I only use my pulse mini as a modem at work by using the provided mini usb/usb cable and it works really well. I would like to also use my Advent Vega at work, but i can only connect it to the internet via a wifi connection, and i would love to use the pulse mini for this purpose. Is it possible for this phone to be modded so it will become a wifi hotspot ?...Many thanks

download barnacle from market and enjoy wifi

Guest sodium1
download barnacle from market and enjoy wifi

Many thanks for the reply...I think i have managed to get things sorted after doing a lot or reading on here...lol.

I have used r3b-pulsemini-MGcustomrom-signed rom and it looks like its actually Tethering with my laptop, all i need to do now it to get my Advent Vega connected...i shall try more tomorrow at work where i know i have a good 3g connection...Thanks

Guest sodium1

I am having problems getting the Vega to connect to the pulse mini. I can connect the laptop without any problems ( although it was poor at first, a simple reinstallation of barnacle sorted it out :) )

The vega is picking up the phone's wifi, but for some reason it will not connect. I am using r8-vega-update-modacocustomrom-unsigned on the Advent Vega and r3b-pulsemini-MGcustomrom-signed on the Pulse Mini, i have not got any encryption running yet on the connection and i have not altered any settings apart form having to enable Skip wpa_supplicant. Can anyone please help me to sort this out ??

Edited by sodium1