wifi on all the time SS RRLS4b

Guest Geoff_UK

Guest Geoff_UK

Hi,

Came to this ROM a couple of weeks ago from flibble - nice ROM works well for me - v stable.

I have an issue with wifi in so much as although the setting is "off when screen off" it never actually seems to turn off??

If I charge it and then disconnect the charger and check spare parts an hour later, it says wifi on 100% and wifi running 100%

What is the best way to prevent this as it kills my battery. I would be happy for it to connect for a minute every half hour, but I've not found a suitable app to do this.

When the phone is a sleep, it's really asleep as only the power button with bring it back up.

Cheers

Edited by Geoff_UK

Guest Len Ash
Hi,

Came to this ROM a couple of weeks ago from flibble - nice ROM works well for me - v stable.

I have an issue with wifi in so much as although the setting is "off when screen off" it never actually seems to turn off??

If I charge it and then disconnect the charger and check spare parts an hour later, it says wifi on 100% and wifi running 100%

What is the best way to prevent this as it kills my battery. I would be happy for it to connect for a minute every half hour, but I've not found a suitable app to do this.

When the phone is a sleep, it's really asleep as only the power button with bring it back up.

Cheers

Disconnects fine on my various phones.. only way it won't is if the phone isn't actually sleeping, which I suspect it isn't. As for why not, what have you added? And do you "Exit" from the Browser or just "Back out"?

Guest Geoff_UK
Disconnects fine on my various phones.. only way it won't is if the phone isn't actually sleeping, which I suspect it isn't. As for why not, what have you added? And do you "Exit" from the Browser or just "Back out"?

Hi,

I tend to not do much "browsing" - mainly email, facebook, twitter updates via tweetdeck (set to check every half hour).

The only one that sync when it wants is gmail - maybe that's the problem??

Am I interpreting the spare parts readings correctly??

Cheers

Guest Len Ash
Hi,

I tend to not do much "browsing" - mainly email, facebook, twitter updates via tweetdeck (set to check every half hour).

The only one that sync when it wants is gmail - maybe that's the problem??

Am I interpreting the spare parts readings correctly??

Cheers

GMail is usually well behaved. Tweetdeck - unknown to me. You could try backing the sync times to 2 hours and see what happens. You try and ping the phone after say, 20 mins of apparent idle/sleeping and see if it responds - if so, WiFi is not turning off. Because of an App, I reckon.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Geoff_UK
GMail is usually well behaved. Tweetdeck - unknown to me. You could try backing the sync times to 2 hours and see what happens. You try and ping the phone after say, 20 mins of apparent idle/sleeping and see if it responds - if so, WiFi is not turning off. Because of an App, I reckon.

ah, pinging the phone - never thought of that - I'll try that later.

If the phone does not respond to a ping, then either "spare parts" is wrong, or I'm not interpreting the reading correctly (prob the latter!!)

Cheers