ZTE blade Wi-Fi not connecting?

Guest joshi1503

Guest joshi1503

Hi guys, I have a problem with the wifi on my blade and i need some help. The wifi on the phone has been working perfectly up to now. But alll of a sudden it wont to connect to my network. I enter in the WEP key (correctly) but the phone says that it is connecting but then disconnects.

Any help is appreciated.

Will

Guest TCTUK
Does rebooting the router solve this problem?

Would have been my first thoughts too. After that try rebooting the handset and changing the WEP key to something new (and likewise on your phone).

Are you able to successfully connect to the router and the internet through any other devices, e.g. laptop or another phone?

What kind of router do you have? You could try accessing the router settings through your computer if you know the IP address. This is likely to be printed on the bottom of the router and will look like 192.168.1.1

If you have a BT home hub then you can access it via http://bthomehub.home the default administrator password is printed on the bottom of the hub and is made up of letters and numbers. You should be able to identify any problems from there.

Guest joshi1503
Are you able to successfully connect to the router and the internet through any other devices, e.g. laptop or another phone?

Yeh, I can connect on evry other wi-fi enabled device i have and they all connect just fine. :)

I just data reset my phone (made a backup first) and i still cannot connect :)

Edited by joshi1503

Guest chenz116

if your router is a netgear then there is your problem.

same thing used to happen to me changed to a linksys and it always connects now.

Guest josephxx

I have a similar issue. I can connect to any WiFI network, but only for 3 to 4 times in a row (each time disabling and re-enabling the WiFI module of the phone). After that, the only thing I can do is either connect to an other network, or disable/enable my WiFi connection in the router (no need to reset the router itself).

Running MCR 12 - my router is a LinkSys WAG54G2 - but it doesn't seem to matter.

• 7 months later...
Guest Ghost Assassin

Hi everyone,

I have just received my replacement handset for the Zte blade from Orange after the first one's ear piece went on the blink. When I received the new hand set I noticed that the memory card would "unexpectedly" disconnect and now after updating to CM7 the WIFI has stopped working (although it did initially work with CM7)! Now it just shows as obtaining IP address and wont go any further before disconnecting.

All my other devices connect fine and I have tried connecting the blade to several different routers and it's the same problem.

Might sound like a daft question but is this a software thing or do I need another replacement?!?!?

Thanks

Ghost Assassin

P.S. forgot to mention that Mrs also has a ZTE Blade which connects fine

Edited by Ghost Assassin

• 6 years later...
Guest Lindylynnmarie

Hi guys... I have a similar problem, but my error message  says "connected to Wi-Fi, no iternet" and that message comes to whatever public Wi-Fi or my home Wi-Fi...please help... (sorry in advance, I dont speak computer or software language) 

• 1 month later...
Guest finbaar
Hi guys... I have a similar problem, but my error message  says "connected to Wi-Fi, no iternet" and that message comes to whatever public Wi-Fi or my home Wi-Fi...please help... (sorry in advance, I dont speak computer or software language) 
7 years old. This thread is 7 years old. You won't receive a n answer.