[ROM] new 2.3 rom

Guest rexchun

Guest amahiwal

Thanks a lot Rex.... as far im using this rom for almost a day. I didn't find a lot of problems while using it. As i use Go SMS for sms's so not ure about sms contact selection problem. Yaa if we get soft key vibration on things will be great.

Great Job. Im quite happy with it

Guest Waqas Salahuddin

Thanks rexchun...the best 2.3 rom so far. The most annoying issues are resolved now...hard keys and screen...This time I am happy to keep this rom loaded until some other minor bugs are fixed, never kept any earlier 2.3 roms.

Very good ROM, I was using Beta3 since rexchun posted it here and had various problems. This I have for a full day now and I think it is *much* better than beta. During night (for 7 hours) this one drained only 6% of battery (the beta would "normally" drain 20-25% even with CPU lowered!). Don't have to reset phone every time when I want GPS anymore, that was a major pain :).

Looks really nice, but found a new problem. With Beta3, I used tun.ko from Blade (build for 2.6.32.9-pref ARMv6) and it worked flawlessly with both OpenVPN and VPNc. Now, it won't load, insmod is failing. Anyone has any idea?

What else can I say, thanks rexchun :)

Guest rexchun
Very good ROM, I was using Beta3 since rexchun posted it here and had various problems. This I have for a full day now and I think it is *much* better than beta. During night (for 7 hours) this one drained only 6% of battery (the beta would "normally" drain 20-25% even with CPU lowered!). Don't have to reset phone every time when I want GPS anymore, that was a major pain :).

Looks really nice, but found a new problem. With Beta3, I used tun.ko from Blade (build for 2.6.32.9-pref ARMv6) and it worked flawlessly with both OpenVPN and VPNc. Now, it won't load, insmod is failing. Anyone has any idea?

What else can I say, thanks rexchun :)

maybe i build it in kernel,but i am not sure ,because i never use it ,

Guest Khan Miro

Well, for now, the only bug I saw, was the screen - it's not accurate as my original 2.1 ROM, but I guess it's better than the last build :) Can you please modify the kernel to make it work better, so there are no bad touch responses. I could send you my backup of original ROM and take some info from the kernel :? PM me if this helps :)

Guest equiliym
During night (for 7 hours) this one drained only 6% of battery (the beta would "normally" drain 20-25% even with CPU lowered!).

how come my battery from 40% went dead around 4am, phone vibration woke me up when it turned off :)

how come my battery from 40% went dead around 4am, phone vibration woke me up when it turned off :)

I honestly don't know, we have something different: I complained before on GPS, WiFi always worked fine for me and I *never* had problem with screen calibration. Don't have time now to check if all these were your problems before, but they seems to be common on previous beta ROM.

BTW, I'm looking at battery whole morning since arrived to work and yes, battery is still holding :) Last time I saw this was with Ricky's Eclair with *selected* group of installed applications :) With previous beta, every morning I was shocked with quoter of battery missing so I would check battery usage and after some time during the night phone would just stay "active"?!? I don't know why and what was causing it, I suspect that was the reason for battery draining and I think reason was bugs in CM.

Guest equiliym
I honestly don't know, we have something different: I complained before on GPS, WiFi always worked fine for me and I *never* had problem with screen calibration. Don't have time now to check if all these were your problems before, but they seems to be common on previous beta ROM.

BTW, I'm looking at battery whole morning since arrived to work and yes, battery is still holding :) Last time I saw this was with Ricky's Eclair with *selected* group of installed applications :) With previous beta, every morning I was shocked with quoter of battery missing so I would check battery usage and after some time during the night phone would just stay "active"?!? I don't know why and what was causing it, I suspect that was the reason for battery draining and I think reason was bugs in CM.

well, i charged it an hour ago, ill check it today since i dont use my phote much but when i got my phone on usb and checked ddms it said it was active and even with screen turned off/locked phone etc ddms screen capture was working and i could see my widgets and stuff while on 2.1 when i get my screen off, even ddms shows black screenshot as it is off, this is clearly whats eating my battery..

Guest smg22rus

Attention!!!

Found a new bug. When you talk and the screen goes blank, the red button does not work. Very uncomfortable. Rexchun, Can you fixed it?

p.s. when to expect the next build with the Russian language?

Guest pintas

Thank you so much for this rom. Even if you don't fix any bugs in it... this is the best rom for ZTE Racer i've seen so far.

Really great work!

Thanks again.

Guest predo1306

thanks a lot rexchun this rom is very good. small problem creates three keys back meni and home and I noticed that can not be disconnected on the red button when the screen is off. in any case very very good rom and unforgettable FM radio again reluctant.

Guest predo1306
related to my previous post, in 10 hours, 60% of my battery gone, is anyone else having battery issues with new rom? :)

with me holding the battery cool for 13 hours spent just 15% battery! works fantastic for me!

Guest predo1306
with me holding the battery cool for 13 hours spent just 15% battery! works fantastic for me!

of course with the normal use of about ten messages, and about twenty minutes of conversation.

OK, here I go again with my tun.ko problem :)

I tested serveral versions found on Internet made for Froyo and ZTE Blade (all have vermagic=2.6.32.9-perf ARMv6) and all failed. Finally, dmesg helped:

<4>[04-13 22:04:42.997521] [28454: insmod]tun: Unknown symbol dynamic_debug_enabled

<4>[04-13 22:04:43.007510] [28454: insmod]tun: Unknown symbol dynamic_debug_enabled2

Since all of them are showing the same, I suspect problem is in the kernal.

@rexchun Any help about this? Maybe you could just compile tun.ko for your kernel and post it?

Guest Khan Miro

I saw, that the highbreed is out. You're almost done with this 2.3 ROM too :) I'll be the next one to thank you, but, hey, Thank you again! :) I think the only one (or the only much-needed) thing to repair in this rom is the screen :) It's responsive enough, but sometimes it gives bugs. I don't have pesticide to kill these bugs ;[ Not yet :P

Guest AlexBCP

Thanks for this, it works fantastical!

Only one thing though, in the stock firmware it made little vibrations when you press the home/menu/back buttons, is there an option to enable it in this?

EDIT: And also, how do I get the Android Market?

Edited by AlexBCP

Guest rexchun
OK, here I go again with my tun.ko problem :)

I tested serveral versions found on Internet made for Froyo and ZTE Blade (all have vermagic=2.6.32.9-perf ARMv6) and all failed. Finally, dmesg helped:

<4>[04-13 22:04:42.997521] [28454: insmod]tun: Unknown symbol dynamic_debug_enabled

<4>[04-13 22:04:43.007510] [28454: insmod]tun: Unknown symbol dynamic_debug_enabled2

Since all of them are showing the same, I suspect problem is in the kernal.

@rexchun Any help about this? Maybe you could just compile tun.ko for your kernel and post it?

next time i will give you what you want

next time i will give you what you want

Thanks man, can't wait. Btw, great ROM, I do not wish to change it for your new 2.2, this is (for the moment :)) my only problem.

Guest rexchun
Thanks for this, it works fantastical!

Only one thing though, in the stock firmware it made little vibrations when you press the home/menu/back buttons, is there an option to enable it in this?

EDIT: And also, how do I get the Android Market?

this is diffcult because my touch_to_key used in 2.2 rom of 880 can vibrate,so it's the system's reason,but i don't know how to fix

Guest rexchun
ok i found a bug, i turned on that my screen last longer when in call and if my screen turns off, i cant end my call, it just flashes like lockscreen when i hit red button :)

yes you are ringt ,you can use power button to disconnet call in the setting.

Guest JPMD69

Hih rexchun

First, thank you very much for your magnific work on the Racer Rooms.

I have one question for you.

Is it possible to add other languages (other than Chinese and English). I have installed MoreLocale2 to change the Locale to Portuguese, but several (the original applications) are still in English.

It would be great if some type of language packages could be added to the Roms.

Best Regards

Guest rexchun
Hih rexchun

First, thank you very much for your magnific work on the Racer Rooms.

I have one question for you.

Is it possible to add other languages (other than Chinese and English). I have installed MoreLocale2 to change the Locale to Portuguese, but several (the original applications) are still in English.

It would be great if some type of language packages could be added to the Roms.

Best Regards

i have managed to add Portuguese too .some days later i will upload