[ROM] new 2.3 rom

Guest rexchun

Guest mladenovic73

Can you please help me,last night i was fully charged batery but in the morning my battery was on 50%.When i look batery use there is dialer use about 73% and displey 23%.I didnt call and i didnt touch phone.Is there a solution for these battery drein.

Can you please help me,last night i was fully charged batery but in the morning my battery was on 50%.When i look batery use there is dialer use about 73% and displey 23%.I didnt call and i didnt touch phone.Is there a solution for these battery drein.

I had exactly the same problem with Rexchun 2.3beta3 ROM and I think CM7 beta on it is to blame. After upgrade to his 2.3 "release" the problem disappeared. Can't recall exactly what I did back then, but you can try few things: turn off automatic sync. It is not a problem to me, I just sync manually after adding contacts or calendar and I'm not using Gmail application at all, using standard email client and accessing Gmail over IMAP. Then, I have installed Titanium Backup which allow user to "freeze" applications making phone ignoring them. Usually, just after new ROM first thing I do is to freeze Gmail and Talk applications (as I said I do not use them and I read something that dialer in battery usage is somehow connected to Talk).

Errr ... maybe there was something else but this is all I can remember right now. BTW, I switched back to Ricky2.2 just to try it and I'm pleasantly surprised: CIFS are working, my VPNs are working again, FM radio is working, haptic is working, rtsp music streaming (AC3) is working, there are groups in Contacts, battery life is not worse, ... If I discover that email certificates are working properly on this ROM - I'll not be back to 2.3 soon :mellow: The only thing I'm missing from 2.3 are graph from battery usage and calling by typing contact nickname. Just something to think about :o

Guest mladenovic73

I dont use automatic sync,but please tell me how to stop gmail and talk app.I didnt understand well.

Can i unninstal gmail and talk?

I dont use automatic sync,but please tell me how to stop gmail and talk app.I didnt understand well.

Can i unninstal gmail and talk?

Yes, I believe that you can uninstall them by using Root Uninstaller application for example, but you should check on the Net, I think Talk is important for the rest of Google applications and it should not be removed (just as most 3rd-party email applications use parts of Email). So, I don't uninstall them, just freeze them using Titanium Backup. If you don't have that application, download it (I think there is free light version), make filter like "all - system" and scroll or just leave it to "all - all" and type "talk" at the top, click on Talk application and from pop-up choose "Freeze!". Reverse operation is the same, just choose "Un-freeze". It is non-destructible operation, your phone will just ignore existence of Talk application but its binaries are untouched. I don't know about Gmail, I think you can safely uninstall it if you want.

Guest T1AGO
fixed green and red keys and wifi tethering,and screen is no so bad now,other fixed need you to find.

link comes later

http://www.mediafire.com/?6d8d1jxeczchzc9

gapps package comes from blade

http://www.mediafire.com/?1hblv8aagnpazlp

tun.rar is not a flashable zip ,you can use insmod to load tun.ko ,but i don't know whether can use it to connet vpn or not

the camera does not work :-(

GPS also not connecting properly... and compass showing wrong directions.... Others are ok... Thanx for this great rom... Hope for more in future... All The Best... u Guys Rock... :unsure:

Guest isziraki

I made my own swap enabled kernel.

I used Chun's CM-7.0.0 ROM.

Added:

ggapps

S2E

swapscriptv2

DocToGo

Rootexpoler

Terminal

I tried to make new boot image with rickywyatt's boot kitchen.

After I flash new boot phone doesn't boot. (It starts with recovery)

Finaly I made a ROM with old boot image and a kernel update.

Does somebody have idea why doesn't work for me rycki's boot kitchen?

Thank's for nothing

Edited by isziraki

Guest xavia
fixed green and red keys and wifi tethering,and screen is no so bad now,other fixed need you to find.

link comes later

http://www.mediafire.com/?6d8d1jxeczchzc9

gapps package comes from blade

http://www.mediafire.com/?1hblv8aagnpazlp

tun.rar is not a flashable zip ,you can use insmod to load tun.ko ,but i don't know whether can use it to connet vpn or not

Ty for this cm7 mate, my phone is faster with this one :unsure:

I've got one question, for those who flashed these version, how do you add a contact when writing a message? I have my list of contacts already in the phone but if i create a new message I can't add a contact from the list, i have to do it manually.

How did you resolved this bugger?

Guest electricdel

I had lots of problem with keyboard with this ROM, gone back to Rickys 2.2 til stable rom is out. Think it's due to screen resolution/szie. My soft keys well also playing up. I could not connect to Navigate either.

Hopefully these little bugs can be sorted.

Still I admire all your work and efforts, well done :unsure:

Guest dyseac

So, this rom looks to be the most updated ??

Can someone give me a few steps on how to flash my Racer? That's the only thing missing from this thread :unsure:

Thanks!!!!!

Guest rremedio

I've just tested it. I like it more than 2.2. The touch is not so good and I miss the "only WCDMA" option. But the phone became faster and seems to consume less battery. Still need to test a lot of things.

Keep up the good work!

I've just tested it. I like it more than 2.2. The touch is not so good and I miss the "only WCDMA" option. But the phone became faster and seems to consume less battery. Still need to test a lot of things.

Keep up the good work!

Is the camera working for you?

I guess the brazillians' phones have some modified camera hardware, specifically the TIM operator ROM that have a different camera icon

Edited by LeU

Guest rremedio
Is the camera working for you?

I guess the brazillians' phones have some modified camera hardware, specifically the TIM operator ROM that have a different camera icon

Camera works...GPS works...still didn't find any bugs. Battery consumption is not as good as I first tought, but similar to Ricky's 2.2 or the original 2.1. The portuguese translation is not good, but that's not big deal.

My phone is from Vivo, but probably the same hardware as TIM.

What I really like is how fast the phone is working.

Guest isziraki

I changed touchscreen & sensor driver in kernel.

Touch & compass are a litle better.

Edited by isziraki

Guest blatny93

OK - could someone address this question - that of when apps are moved to sd they aren't moved to sd-ext but rather to .android-secure in fat as asec files and mounted at mnt/asec/ (I discovered this by looking as nautilus-root in Ubuntu and showing hidden files! Can't be read or seen as even root-explorer on phone!?)? Why doesn't it or can't it use my ext-2 partition? When rickys' 2.2 sees and uses it fine? Any answer?

The same is true with Rexchuns' so is this a known bug with cyagenmod 7.0.0, corrected in 7.0.3 or am I doing something wrong?

Apparently 'asec' are android secure files, to prevent tampering, and this is a typical form in which apps are moved to sd in froyo - but in ginger bread? And, what's the point then of having the sd-ext?

Edited by blatny93

Guest Khan Miro
Hmm .. No changes ...

You changed the touchscreen driver? I think we need to try tslib. Has anyone tried it? We need calibration...

Haven't tried it. I don't know how, I think I downloaded it but what then :P

Guest Jésus Alberto
Camera works...GPS works...still didn't find any bugs. Battery consumption is not as good as I first tought, but similar to Ricky's 2.2 or the original 2.1. The portuguese translation is not good, but that's not big deal.

My phone is from Vivo, but probably the same hardware as TIM.

What I really like is how fast the phone is working.

Very, very strange. In my Tim´s X850, the camera has never worked with any modified rom. Would ZTE made Racer with several hardware versions?

Very, very strange. In my Tim´s X850, the camera has never worked with any modified rom. Would ZTE made Racer with several hardware versions?

Same thing for me, I'll investigate and post results.