Playing Dead

Guest Uxian

Guest Uxian

Got home today and my Transformer was completely dead. Just a lifeless black screen staring me in the face even when attached to the mains.

Edited by Uxian

Guest Uxian

OK scratch that, I got it switched on again but it took about 10 minutes of repeatedly pressing the power button. The battery is at 82% so it wasn't waiting for enough juice. Very very odd.

I've had the same issue - it is prob an app causing the whole thing to crash. If you hold the power button in for 10 seconds or more that should force it to shut down. Then just turn on as normal.

Happened to me twice so far. No biggie, just need to find out what caused it. (I suspect skype)

Guest Dunetails
I've had the same issue - it is prob an app causing the whole thing to crash. If you hold the power button in for 10 seconds or more that should force it to shut down. Then just turn on as normal.

Happened to me twice so far. No biggie, just need to find out what caused it. (I suspect skype)

Hm, it's happened to me tonight. I assumed it was because i had left it off charge and so I plugged it in to the power adpater for a few minutes. After holding the power button multiple times it eventually turned on but the battery was at 82%

Guest Uxian

Thanks for the tip. I tried the 10 second push when it happened again today and it sprang back to life. I have Skype installed so I'm going to remove it and see if the same happens tomorrow.

Guest Uxian
Thanks for the tip. I tried the 10 second push when it happened again today and it sprang back to life. I have Skype installed so I'm going to remove it and see if the same happens tomorrow.

No Skype today and no crash. It's definitely looking like the culprit.

Guest blondejon

mine had done exactly the same, had a shouting match with comet about warranries then read this...all is well and everything is back to normal, no idea what caused the problem though

No Skype running but happened twice again today. Hopefully it will be addressed in fota update.

Edited by czm

Guest Uxian
No Skype running but happened twice again today. Hopefully it will be addressed in fota update.

Likewise just had another one having removed Skype several days ago. Also had to reboot earlier after I couldn't get the lock screen to appear; just the wallpaper image and an unresponsive notification bar.

Guest gswallow

I've just had the dreaded B(lack)SOD for the first time. Not got Skype installed, the only 2 apps installed recently were PES and Raging Thunder. Weird issue......

Guest keef319

is there (bizarrely) some relevance to 82%? There's 2 mentions here of it being the battery level when it came back to life. Also someone I follow on twiiter had the same prob and yes...82%!!

Guest keef319

is there (bizarrely) some relevance to 82%? There's 2 mentions here of it being the battery level when it came back to life. Also someone I follow on twiiter had the same prob and yes...82%!!

Guest mr_bridger

Yeah, me! Lol. Hasn't happened again, purposely not charged lat night to see if it happened again. But no. and I havent got Skype installed either. Might try getting battery to about 85% and leaving it overnight again. See what happens. Very odd though.

Happened again after the software update. Battery was at 85% when I got it back on.

Same here. Updated this am, got home this evening and my transformer was playing dead once more. Must be app related I guess.

Guest redmongoose
Same here. Updated this am, got home this evening and my transformer was playing dead once more. Must be app related I guess.

Yes I have had this issue a couple of times over the last week - twice on my machine & once on my wife's machine............

Always comes back - eventually :)

Guest Turbo_lew

Same here, however i have 24% battery. got a message saying an update was available so i put it on charge over night to do the update in the morning fully charged. the next day it wouldn't turn on.

came home from work and tried again after holding the power for 15 + seconds it turned on with only 24% battery.

now fully updated, never had this problem before.

Guest lynnd
Same here, however i have 24% battery. got a message saying an update was available so i put it on charge over night to do the update in the morning fully charged. the next day it wouldn't turn on.

came home from work and tried again after holding the power for 15 + seconds it turned on with only 24% battery.

now fully updated, never had this problem before.

I had the same problem for the first time this morning, it evetually responded and I had 72% battery. Thinking about it, it hs been slow starting a couple of times and I thought I hadn't pressed the switch properly.

Guest qwer23

Guys mine is playing dead for very long now. I'm trying to get it on since a full day :o Tried everything, long-pressed power to force-shutdown, pressed power repeatedly to turn it on, left in on charger over night... today it still won't turn on. If I plug it into USB, I hear the typical Plug and Play sound of Windows and I can acess the SD card. I see all contained folders, but they all appear to be empty. If I long-press power then I hear the Windows "unplug" sound. So shutdown and turn on at least seem to work, but screen never comes to life. Any suggestions? Really need your help here :mellow:

Regards,

qwer23

Guest RedSlug

This is weird. I too had it "playing dead". I left it plugged into the charger for a few minutes and tried again. It booted fine. Battery had gone up to 91%

Guest czm
Turn off screen lock!

starting to see reports on xda of it still happening even with lock screen turned off unfortunately. Besides, I don't really want to leave my tab with no security or did I misunderstand?

Guest cunnpole

I had the same on Friday, took all day to come back on. I got it back by holding in landscape while tapping top right of the screen and repeatedly pushing power. Id already tried the force power off router it always came back on blank. Apparently others are able to get the hdmi output in this case, but my cable is still in the post. If that is the case, then I guess its awaiting game for updated display drivers.