12 Sep Hr9: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer with Online Kitchen (Android 3.2)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mrgrey1701

I installed this custom rom Friday and have had no problems whatsoever. My Transformer definitely feels snappier - I also bought EasyFreezy and stopped a few bits and pieces.

Many thanks Paul :)

Guest terminal 7

until this rom was made available and paul made so much progress with the EEE i was convinced i would buy a XOOM

mow i dont know if ill buy a XOOM or go for EEE instead , how do i choose now ??

Guest Scott9824
until this rom was made available and paul made so much progress with the EEE i was convinced i would buy a XOOM

mow i dont know if ill buy a XOOM or go for EEE instead , how do i choose now ??

Asus = cheaper, better screen, lighter, backs a bit plasticy but well built.

Motorola = more expensive, metal back which is nice, heavier, not as good screen

:)

Sadly, there's no way to deodex Honeycomb at the moment AFAIK!

P

Some guy over on xda has deodexed it apparently. I don't know who he is though so I don't think ill flash it. Will you be releasing another version of this rom soon? :)

Guest DC1333
Some guy over on xda has deodexed it apparently. I don't know who he is though so I don't think ill flash it. Will you be releasing another version of this rom soon? :)

Thats me who deodexed it.

I'm mainly a Evo/Shift guy but since Im getting a Transformer I thought I would mess with it.

I have PMed Paul to talk about how I deodexed this as Im the first one to deodex HoneyComb. I'll be testing next week just have it up there if some1 beats me. I mainly Post at SDX-Developers since I used to dev on the Moment, Epic, Transform, Intercept so I do know a little of what I'm doing.

Guest aleis
Thats me who deodexed it.

I'm mainly a Evo/Shift guy but since Im getting a Transformer I thought I would mess with it.

I have PMed Paul to talk about how I deodexed this as Im the first one to deodex HoneyComb. I'll be testing next week just have it up there if some1 beats me. I mainly Post at SDX-Developers since I used to dev on the Moment, Epic, Transform, Intercept so I do know a little of what I'm doing.

U rock! :)

what is deodexing? since im here :)

Edited by aleis

Guest DC1333

Deodexing is replacing how the app is to work all in the APK and not have 2 files running a app. and makes the phone rely on cache

this has good and bad

good makes the rom themeable,

bad makes the phone need to have a bigger cache, boots longer,

Guest aleis
Deodexing is replacing how the app is to work all in the APK and not have 2 files running a app. and makes the phone rely on cache

this has good and bad

good makes the rom themeable,

bad makes the phone need to have a bigger cache, boots longer,

got it.

so an intelligent guess would tell me, it takes roughly 4 lines of complex code to get this? :)

I think pretty much every rom I've ever flashed has been deodexed so I guess its a good thing. If its deodexed does that mean we could get the original buttons in the bottom left? The ones on the transformer are nice and clean but they don't really go with the rest of the bottom bar, I quite like the look of the ones on Google experience devices like the xoom :)

Guest DC1333
I think pretty much every rom I've ever flashed has been deodexed so I guess its a good thing. If its deodexed does that mean we could get the original buttons in the bottom left? The ones on the transformer are nice and clean but they don't really go with the rest of the bottom bar, I quite like the look of the ones on Google experience devices like the xoom :)

no some1 would have to change it more then what i have done.

everything is stock that i have done its just deodexed.

no some1 would have to change it more then what i have done.

everything is stock that i have done its just deodexed.

But now it's deodexed it's possible right? :)

Guest Mr.Clark
Hr2 online! :)

P

Changelog

26 Apr Hr2

• Rebased on the OTA update (20110414)

Yay!

Shame they released another one today :)

Still, I'm confident you'll have that one sorted and rooted by the time ebuyer get around to sending my tablet out... *cries*

Guest DC1333
@Paul

Have you looked into the deodexed version DC1333 has done? Any opinions about it i.e possible mcr kitchen mods/options?

i pngopt and zipaligned this morn. paul ill pm u tonight about deodexing it. and png opt with zipalign all this os for windows since thats what i do everything in.

Yay!

Shame they released another one today :)

Still, I'm confident you'll have that one sorted and rooted by the time ebuyer get around to sending my tablet out... *cries*

So there is, it's sitting on my device! :)

P

i pngopt and zipaligned this morn. paul ill pm u tonight about deodexing it. and png opt with zipalign all this os for windows since thats what i do everything in.

I already pngopt and zipalign my ROMs.

P