The G2X compatability topic - G2X owners read this!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest zabi1

Guys I need some help. I have bought the g2x and am going back to the uk tommorow. I see that uk bands are : 900, 1900 and 2100 for 3g whilst my g2x is 1700 and 2100. Will my phone work on 3g in the uk? If I want to squire the uk bands can I flash a optimistic 2x baseband on my g2x to get them? Please help and thanks.

Guest Rusty!

2100 should mean it's OK in the UK. If you flash an O2X baseband then you wont be able to use it at a phone at all.

Guest Droid800

So would flashing MCR for the Optimus 2X work then? As sick as it sounds, I'm interested in flashing the LG skin onto my G2X to try it out and see what its like.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest™
So would flashing MCR for the Optimus 2X work then? As sick as it sounds, I'm interested in flashing the LG skin onto my G2X to try it out and see what its like.

i have one p999 hang on logo ,i did try flash with p990 then now phone no network no imei and baseand unkown , anyone has solution fix it,pl help ,thz !!!

• 5 months later...

*UPDATE*UPDATE*

Sorry for not updating this topic previously. I had thought I did so however that was on xda. I was able to reinstall the factory rom from a link provided by a user on the xda forum and is also linked on this forum. Go here to download the rom. You'll need the smartflash tool for the LP9990 to flash the bin files. I was only able to successfully flash the AP.bin, I believe Paul is working on getting a working baseband. The phone will be restored to factory settings after flashing the AP.bin with full functionality. I noticed the baseband is weak and searching for networks does give errors occasionally so we'll be patiently awaiting an update to solve this issue. Albeit your phone will be functional enough to satisfy you till then. If you need any help with the steps just reply in this thread.

YES I DO NEED STEP BY STEP PLZ HELP I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO PLZ HELP