[BETA] AUDI - Automated USB Driver Installer

Guest simonta

Guest RockVacirca
Vega connected before you use AUDI. USB Debugging (not USB storage) on to use ADB and recovery mode to install stock ROM or use other flash installs. The installation instructions for each ROM or update will tell you which one you need.

Thanks for the prompt response. Just so I'm clear:

1. Power on Vega, and then set USB Debugging to ON

2. Power off the Vega

3. Bring the Vega up into Recovery Mode by the use of the Back and Home buttons procedure

4. Connect the Vega to the PC via the USB cable. (or should this be before step 3?)

5. Ignore all messages from the Windows OS about Found New Hardware and drivers etc.

6. Launch AUDI

Is that it?

Rock

Guest simonta
Thanks for the prompt response. Just so I'm clear:

1. Power on Vega, and then set USB Debugging to ON

2. Power off the Vega

3. Bring the Vega up into Recovery Mode by the use of the Back and Home buttons procedure

4. Connect the Vega to the PC via the USB cable. (or should this be before step 3?)

5. Ignore all messages from the Windows OS about Found New Hardware and drivers etc.

6. Launch AUDI

Is that it?

Rock

Hi Rock

No need to turn on USB debugging if you are going to recovery. USB Debugging is an Android function and Android is not running when you go to recovery.

1. Plug Vega in.

2. Run AUDI

3. Put Vega into recovery.

4. Use AUDI to install drivers.

That's it!

Cheers

Guest simonta
Hi,

I can not download the file from dropbox, does anyone have a mirror please?

Cheers Tehno

Megaupload link added to OP.

Guest sratty1

Many thanks for this im a newbie that was struggling to ad a new rom but your Audi installer helped me loads and im using windows 7 64bit

many thanks Sean

Guest X1Jas

Looks like a great tool Simonta, but I have a problem... When I click 'Just Do It', it begins searching for drivers for hours! I have tried 3 times now, giving up after about an hour each time. It finds drivers, and I click 'install anyway' at the 'not verified' message - this happens about 4 times over the course of an hour, but it still keeps going.

Any advice?

Thanks a lot,

Jason

Guest simonta
Looks like a great tool Simonta, but I have a problem... When I click 'Just Do It', it begins searching for drivers for hours! I have tried 3 times now, giving up after about an hour each time. It finds drivers, and I click 'install anyway' at the 'not verified' message - this happens about 4 times over the course of an hour, but it still keeps going.

Any advice?

Thanks a lot,

Jason

Hi Jason. Sorry to hear about this. Try browsing for the drivers manually and then select the Drivers folder where you unzipped AUDI to.

If you would be so kind, what operating system are you using and how big is your hard drive? I also suggest that you run a disk check. This might be a symptom of a failing hard drive. Don't want to worry you but better safe than sorry.

If nothing works for you, try searching for YAUDIG which is a tutorial explaining how to do what AUDI does manually.

Last resort. I can connect to your PC and do it for you. I've done this successfully for several folks on here already.

Cheers

Guest X1Jas
Hi Jason. Sorry to hear about this. Try browsing for the drivers manually and then select the Drivers folder where you unzipped AUDI to.

If you would be so kind, what operating system are you using and how big is your hard drive? I also suggest that you run a disk check. This might be a symptom of a failing hard drive. Don't want to worry you but better safe than sorry.

If nothing works for you, try searching for YAUDIG which is a tutorial explaining how to do what AUDI does manually.

Last resort. I can connect to your PC and do it for you. I've done this successfully for several folks on here already.

Cheers

Thanks for the quick reply Simonta, appreciate it.

I'm running Windows 7 32-Bit, 500Gb HD with about 30% free. I'll try selecting the drivers folder manually when I get home from work, I should really have tried that before posting. I should just be able to point it to the folder, rather than a specific driver, right? I'm new to the Vega (for my birthday yesterday!), and I'm going to install the Corvus ROM.

Cheers for your help.

Guest simonta
Thanks for the quick reply Simonta, appreciate it.

I'm running Windows 7 32-Bit, 500Gb HD with about 30% free. I'll try selecting the drivers folder manually when I get home from work, I should really have tried that before posting. I should just be able to point it to the folder, rather than a specific driver, right? I'm new to the Vega (for my birthday yesterday!), and I'm going to install the Corvus ROM.

Cheers for your help.

Yep, just select the folder. AUDI will search the folder and any subfolders for INF files (these are the installation scripts) that match the Vega. Just make sure that you have USB Debugging turned on before you begin.

Good luck.

Guest X1Jas
Yep, just select the folder. AUDI will search the folder and any subfolders for INF files (these are the installation scripts) that match the Vega. Just make sure that you have USB Debugging turned on before you begin.

Good luck.

It worked perfectly, thanks man! Probably my computer's fault that it took ages to find the driver's when left to it's own devices. Had my first new ROM installed in about 6 minutes in total thanks to you, you're my hero! :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest dailyunnamed

Hi, would anyone be able to help me please? I''m trying to use AUDI to install the ADB drivers on to my PC (Win XP 32-bit) but whenever I follow the instructions, it just won't install the drivers. I'm getting an error message which I've attached.

I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, I think i've followed the instructions properly, e.g. Vega is in USB Debugging, removed existing drivers, and so on... but there again I haven't flashed a Vega before, so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Many thanks!

post-830790-0-61196000-1312231939_thumb.

Edited by dailyunnamed

Guest dailyunnamed

OK, looks like I managed to sort it - I gave up on this last night, but just found a post, which I followed and now i'm getting the green light from AUDI :)

Basically, I used found the .inf file from the drivers folder when windows hardware wizard asked for a driver - in case this helps anyone else.

Hi, would anyone be able to help me please? I''m trying to use AUDI to install the ADB drivers on to my PC (Win XP 32-bit) but whenever I follow the instructions, it just won't install the drivers. I'm getting an error message which I've attached.

I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, I think i've followed the instructions properly, e.g. Vega is in USB Debugging, removed existing drivers, and so on... but there again I haven't flashed a Vega before, so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest davemazo

Still having major problems here. I`ve tried a dozen times or more to install drivers and I`m not getting anywhere.

I`ve just bought a second hand Vega with Modaco R8 ROM installed but I fancy Vegacomb. I`ve installed numerous ROMs on my HTC Touch HD and Touch Diamond so thought I can manage this but how wrong could I be.

I`m running Windows 7 64bit on my PC and run AUDI as administrator just in case and follow the instructions to the letter. The only bit I`m confused about is the USB storage bit. Nowhere do I get an option to turn this on or off so have no idea whether this is on. I tried to install drivers anyway but I just get the red warning to say that no USB drivers are installed no matter how long I wait

I`m starting to wonder whether the USB socket is faulty because when I plug it into my PC only occasionally is the Vega picked up and it asks for drivers. When I plug a USB stick into the Vega I can`t see the files on it and nothing happens.

You may have gathered I`m new to Android and know very little about it.

Any help is greatly appreciated and might even prevent this Vega from being drop kicked into the nearest skip

Still having major problems here. I`ve tried a dozen times or more to install drivers and I`m not getting anywhere.

I`ve just bought a second hand Vega with Modaco R8 ROM installed but I fancy Vegacomb. I`ve installed numerous ROMs on my HTC Touch HD and Touch Diamond so thought I can manage this but how wrong could I be.

I`m running Windows 7 64bit on my PC and run AUDI as administrator just in case and follow the instructions to the letter. The only bit I`m confused about is the USB storage bit. Nowhere do I get an option to turn this on or off so have no idea whether this is on. I tried to install drivers anyway but I just get the red warning to say that no USB drivers are installed no matter how long I wait

I`m starting to wonder whether the USB socket is faulty because when I plug it into my PC only occasionally is the Vega picked up and it asks for drivers. When I plug a USB stick into the Vega I can`t see the files on it and nothing happens.

You may have gathered I`m new to Android and know very little about it.

Any help is greatly appreciated and might even prevent this Vega from being drop kicked into the nearest skip

You wouldn't be the first, or the last, to have a dodgy cable. Have you got another you could try?

You didn't mention if you are trying to use recovery (back-power-back) or ADB? What are you trying to do? Search for YAUDIG for some simple explanations.

Guest davemazo

Thanks Simon. I think I have another cable somewhere just got to find it. I tried recovery and with the Vega fully booted but without success. I`ve just found an item in my apps folder called "Recovery" so I tapped this, the Vega I presume rebooted into recovery mode and the PC made that "bum bum" noise when it finds new hardware. It then displayed "USB driver for Tegra device installed" or words to that effect but couldn`t find a driver for "USB mass storage device"

If ADB means running AUDI while Android is fully booted then yes I`ve tried that.

I`m still confused about turning on the USB storage bit, like I said I can`t find any reference to that on the Vega

Thanks Simon. I think I have another cable somewhere just got to find it. I tried recovery and with the Vega fully booted but without success. I`ve just found an item in my apps folder called "Recovery" so I tapped this, the Vega I presume rebooted into recovery mode and the PC made that "bum bum" noise when it finds new hardware. It then displayed "USB driver for Tegra device installed" or words to that effect but couldn`t find a driver for "USB mass storage device"

If ADB means running AUDI while Android is fully booted then yes I`ve tried that.

I`m still confused about turning on the USB storage bit, like I said I can`t find any reference to that on the Vega

The recovery app is something different again. Forget about it for now, it's of no use to you. Forget about USB storage for now as well.

First thing to understand is that to install the Advent stock ROM (to go back to factory - download from myadventvega) or to install the "modded stock ROM" to prepare for Vegacomb (Honeycomb on the Vega), you must put the Vega into recovery which can ONLY be accomplished by following the instructions on myadventvega. Main thing to remember is that the Vega will show nothing, not even the backlight, in recovery. As a beginner, the only way you'll know if you've got it in recovery is to watch in device manager for a device appearing.

The other use of USB is for the "Android Debug Bridge" - ADB - which is used to install all kinds of other things. The installation instructions for whatever it is you're trying to do will specify which mode you need to be in.

What are you trying to do?

Guest davemazo

What are you trying to do?

I just want to install vegacomb.

I`ve tried a different cable and it makes no difference.

I`ve looked at several sites and watched a couple of Youtube videos that explain how to do it and they all make it seem so easy to install USB drivers but I can`t get past that first hurdle.

I watched a Youtube video that showed turning on USB debugging and this showed a USB icon and an Android icon appearing at the top of the screen and the message "USB debugging enabled". I don`t get this which is making me think something is faulty with the Vega

I can get into recovery using the 2 buttons, APX appears in "other devices" in device manager

Edited by davemazo

Guest davemazo

Finally managed to get it sorted. I found a "how to" on Tabletroms here which worked.

Thanks for your help and patience

You have probably gathered that my knowledge is limited so I can`t contribute much to the forum but if I can I will. In the meantime I have donated to the forum to show my thanks

Edited by davemazo

• 2 months later...