[ROM] X920 Series: ZeroUI-Ooberlite 6.5.5

Guest xlightwaverx

Guest xlightwaverx

X920 Series: ZeroUI-Ooberlite 6.5.5

This is the X-920 Series OOBERLITE RELEASE Version 2.0 with UPX & PNGOUT COMPRESSION.

welcomehead.192.pngoober1.pngoober3.pngoober2.png

Removed:

Everything (Even the Start Menu)

Put Back In:

Windows Mobile 6.5.29022

WinMo Standard Today [Zero-UI]

Samung DG21 Dynamic Link Libraries [No-UPX Compression]

Executables for Samsung Configurations [uPX'd]

Camera and Firmware for the i920 [uPX'd}

Samsung Stock Software

Samsung Settings [uPX'd]

Zero Samsung Stock Software Included

Add-In Software [uPX'd]

Auto-Rotate 1.2.0.19865

Mortscript 4.2

MyPhone [Latest]

xLightWaverX Minimized Black Theme

The X-Menu

Currently Working On:

Nothing, this is Final OoberLITE Release

ROM Information:

Total Program RAM - 150MB

Available Program Ram - 105MB

Total Storage - 350MB

Available Storage - 325.0MB

PagePool - 10MB

UPX Compression

PNGOUT Compression

Optimized Boot.RGU with 2MB Cache [Fat, Data, Bitmap] Cooked In.

Thanks

AMDZero - Without you, we'd all be running about like Swedish Chefs.

Wes - Awesome Rom Tool

My GF, for putting up with the Endless Nights of working on these ROMs

Appreciated Donations

Brian W, tedkord, nickmo20, ultralight23, Stylii

Downloads

X-920 Series: Zero-UI OoberLITE Version 2.0 Final [x920series.DG21.29022.ZeroUI-Ooberlite.V2.0.UPX-PNGOUT-07-09-2011.nb0.7z (84Mb)] [07-09-11]

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest natedawg1013

Ok. I NEED to try this! The slowness of the stock ROM has a habit of infuriating me, lol. Can't do it tonight, but I've got all week to flash/test.

Guest nickmo20

DUDE!!! YOU ARE THE MAN!!! I LOVE IT!!! Finally, texts work, camera works, etc.... not having start menu is a bit weird but who cares when spb ms loaded... not to complain but it throws off the bottom buttons (just a bit weird but oh well.)

What I love:

the RAM (available after soft-reset as well as total!) (just a SECRET- disabling lock screen, large indicator, and TouchWiz for an added 4-6 mb RAM available. A fresh flash and reset leave me with 110.89 mb RAM of 148.85

the ROM with over 300 mb free for whatever I install! no more low memory errors (which can slow down your phone and multi-tasking)

The ability to FULLY customize this puppy the way I want, add what I need, and throw in all my customizations to tweak it graphically!!!

What I don't like:

------------------------------- <-- that is empty!

Again, not to complain, but I noticed 148 mb RAM (12 mb pp) but for some reason I believe when I cooked with my previous kitchen it said 150 mb pp. Not that it's bad, but unsure as to why the difference. I've always cooked ROMs at 12 mb and I don't believe I set it to 10 mb to achieve the difference. Just making note, and maybe a reason why my stuff never fully functioned! Although it's an inside joke between friends and family here that I have a permanent rain cloud over my head...

AND- just wondering, but could taking out the start menu also effect the way programs close? I don't care for the start menu, but the 'X' has disappeared to close/shut down apps/programs. Would there be any workaround or would that require you cooking again? because I'm not looking to make you do more work... & Not trying to sound displeased or anything.

Edited by nickmo20

Guest xlightwaverx
DUDE!!! YOU ARE THE MAN!!! I LOVE IT!!! Finally, texts work, camera works, etc.... not having start menu is a bit weird but who cares when spb ms loaded... not to complain but it throws off the bottom buttons (just a bit weird but oh well.)

What I love:

the RAM (available after soft-reset as well as total!) (just a SECRET- disabling lock screen, large indicator, and TouchWiz for an added 4-6 mb RAM available. A fresh flash and reset leave me with 110.89 mb RAM of 148.85

the ROM with over 300 mb free for whatever I install! no more low memory errors (which can slow down your phone and multi-tasking)

The ability to FULLY customize this puppy the way I want, add what I need, and throw in all my customizations to tweak it graphically!!!

What I don't like:

------------------------------- <-- that is empty!

Again, not to complain, but I noticed 148 mb RAM (12 mb pp) but for some reason I believe when I cooked with my previous kitchen it said 150 mb pp. Not that it's bad, but unsure as to why the difference. I've always cooked ROMs at 12 mb and I don't believe I set it to 10 mb to achieve the difference. Just making note, and maybe a reason why my stuff never fully functioned! Although it's an inside joke between friends and family here that I have a permanent rain cloud over my head...

AND- just wondering, but could taking out the start menu also effect the way programs close? I don't care for the start menu, but the 'X' has disappeared to close/shut down apps/programs. Would there be any workaround or would that require you cooking again? because I'm not looking to make you do more work... & Not trying to sound displeased or anything.

The cache settings that are cooked in are different than typical ROMS. I have certain amounts of RAM dedicated to the cache (This is different than PP). The OK/Close Button works perfectly in this release (Something to do with Manila in the All-In-One that kept resetting it on boot). If you want to Ok/Close, simply hit the Ok/Close button. Choose whether or not the app fully closes, or just minimizes by adjusting that feature in Samsung Settings. There is nothing more finger friendly than a hardware button :)

X

Guest nickmo20
The cache settings that are cooked in are different than typical ROMS. I have certain amounts of RAM dedicated to the cache (This is different than PP). The OK/Close Button works perfectly in this release (Something to do with Manila in the All-In-One that kept resetting it on boot). If you want to Ok/Close, simply hit the Ok/Close button. Choose whether or not the app fully closes, or just minimizes by adjusting that feature in Samsung Settings. There is nothing more finger friendly than a hardware button :)

X

true that! I guess I forgot about the OK/Close button! Well, it was late last night and I must have not been thinking :) :( or something like that..... So far it's quite loaded up to do some testing! it's certainly quick

Guest jberd

Can you briefly explain the compression(UPX/PingOUT)? I'm sure the answer to the following is in the original post but i'm not clear on some of the wording, what is in as far as dialer, keyboard and texting?

Edited by jberd

Guest xlightwaverx
Can you briefly explain the compression(UPX/PingOUT)? I'm sure the answer to the following is in the original post but i'm not clear on some of the wording, what is in as far as dialer, keyboard and texting?

It's an Ooberlite Rom, so it's the minimal WinMo Dialer, with Stock Swype and Messaging (No jInbox)

You can read up on UPX Here. It's the Ultimate Packer for eXecutables.

A UPX'd EXE can decompress faster than our phone can read data off its flash disk, hence it speeds up the system while shrinking the system. It can decompress at 10MB/s on a Pentium I/133Mhz, so imagine what it can do with our 800Mhz Omnia II...

PNGOUT is another compression utility. I actually use PNGGauntlet which utilizes PNGOUT to compress PNG files down to their minimal values without losing any data.

For example, UPX compression had 107,987,269 bytes of executable data prior to compression. After compression it was 40,666,200 bytes of data.

PNGOUT saved about 8.8MB of data in compression.

X

Guest Bryan W.

Why does it matter the size of the rom as long as people can install to the storage which is 8gb? This is something I never got with all the lite roms...

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest natedawg1013

Hey, xlightwaverx, I know we aren't supposed to upload ROMs with an edited version of Swype, but I think just compressing the bitmaps should be safe. You still might want to check, but I saved 8MB with mine. If you want, I can send/attach them.

Guest the sandman

Hey X, I've been using this rom all day so far and I love it, its fast and has lots of space and ram

I do have a problem though. After using it for a little bit my notification sounds and vibrations stop working. I have to soft reset my phone to get the sound and vibration back. But then it happens again. Any ideas?

Guest xlightwaverx
Why does it matter the size of the rom as long as people can install to the storage which is 8gb? This is something I never got with all the lite roms...

In my research for developing cache control, I found that the more free space a ROM has, the more free space the system can use write, read, and rewrite data when it's performing those caching functions. The smaller the space the more restricted area the system has to write/read data, and in turn, the more frequent the system has to dump information (remember the processor spikes to 100% in previous discussions?) Also, when reading/writing data, every write access destroys the longevity of the flash-disk, so in turn, allowing more area for the system to write data, theoretically spreads out the longevity of the flash disk. Did that make sense? :)

Hey, xlightwaverx, I know we aren't supposed to upload ROMs with an edited version of Swype, but I think just compressing the bitmaps should be safe. You still might want to check, but I saved 8MB with mine. If you want, I can send/attach them.

I am not interested in you sending the attachments to me, but I am interested in the tool you used to do them in a "batch" fashion, if that is how you did it. The smaller the BMPs for Swype, the faster Swype will be, and less choppy the strokes will be considering it would use less RAM to provide the same functionality.

Hey X, I've been using this rom all day so far and I love it, its fast and has lots of space and ram

I do have a problem though. After using it for a little bit my notification sounds and vibrations stop working. I have to soft reset my phone to get the sound and vibration back. But then it happens again. Any ideas?

No clue, anyone else having similar issues? I can't report the same on my end...

X

Guest natedawg1013

I used photoshop which has the ability to record and replay macros built in. You should be able to use any image editor, though. What worked for me was changing the image mode to "Indexed" with a 256 color palette. It would probably work with less than 256, just keep reducing the number of colors until you see a difference in quality. RAM was my major reason to so this, along with startup time (having to load 11MB of keyboard files each boot). If your program offers further compression with RLE, don't do it. The keyboard won't show up.

Guest jberd
It's an Ooberlite Rom, so it's the minimal WinMo Dialer, with Stock Swype and Messaging (No jInbox)

I thought so but wanted to be certain.

You can read up on UPX Here. It's the Ultimate Packer for eXecutables.

A UPX'd EXE can decompress faster than our phone can read data off its flash disk, hence it speeds up the system while shrinking the system. It can decompress at 10MB/s on a Pentium I/133Mhz, so imagine what it can do with our 800Mhz Omnia II...

PNGOUT is another compression utility. I actually use PNGGauntlet which utilizes PNGOUT to compress PNG files down to their minimal values without losing any data.

For example, UPX compression had 107,987,269 bytes of executable data prior to compression. After compression it was 40,666,200 bytes of data.

PNGOUT saved about 8.8MB of data in compression.

X

I did do some brief research on UPX but was curious how it was applied in this particular application(your ROM). I have to say, assuming you came up with this idea yourself, that this is quite impressive. I'm no expert or anything but I believe in giving credit where credit is due, so, AWESOME WORK! I will be attempting to install this ROM(I'm having some issues at the moment that, with AMDs assistance, I'm trying to work through) and will post any/all feedback that I have.

In the mean time I would like to extend a huge "Thanks!" for your efforts in keeping this phone alive(you feelin' the love?) Without you guys this phone would, quite frankly, suck.

Edited by jberd

Guest nickmo20

Actually, my hardkey 'send' (to bring up dialer) quit working. it was early enough in tweaking the new ROM that i just reflashed to get it back because a soft reset didnt work.. but it's good now.

Guest xlightwaverx
Actually, my hardkey 'send' (to bring up dialer) quit working. it was early enough in tweaking the new ROM that i just reflashed to get it back because a soft reset didnt work.. but it's good now.

My send key doesn't work from the get-go because I don't have Samsung Dialer installed. I'm waiting on the actual registry key that gets changed after startup when it realizes the Samsung Dialer is loaded. Usually people use Mortscript to override it but once I find that registry key, I'm gonna try a few tricks and see if I can do it with just XML. I am pretty sure AMD figured it out a while back but I haven't chatted with him in a while.

If anyone else knows the registry settings that windows uses to enable the hard key dialer, please post. It's something like SendKey=1 or something if I remember correctly. Google failed me. :)

X

Guest nickmo20
My send key doesn't work from the get-go because I don't have Samsung Dialer installed. I'm waiting on the actual registry key that gets changed after startup when it realizes the Samsung Dialer is loaded. Usually people use Mortscript to override it but once I find that registry key, I'm gonna try a few tricks and see if I can do it with just XML. I am pretty sure AMD figured it out a while back but I haven't chatted with him in a while.

If anyone else knows the registry settings that windows uses to enable the hard key dialer, please post. It's something like SendKey=1 or something if I remember correctly. Google failed me. :)

X

I'll see what i can find. I feel like the i910 had some reg edits done for the long press end key before, and I've modded button presses... now lets just hope it's in a similar location! I'll report back to see what i can find. when i first got my i920 a ROM by AMD had a dialer switcher, maybe I'll flash to that ROM to see what I can pick apart for registry.

Guest xlightwaverx
I'll see what i can find. I feel like the i910 had some reg edits done for the long press end key before, and I've modded button presses... now lets just hope it's in a similar location! I'll report back to see what i can find. when i first got my i920 a ROM by AMD had a dialer switcher, maybe I'll flash to that ROM to see what I can pick apart for registry.

It won't help, we already know the issue. When the the Omnia II boots without the Samsung Dialer it disables the hardware key. It's their way of saying "F Yourself." When AMD gets on he'll surely clarify the post boot registry settings that need to be forced. The dialer changer existed before AMD, and it can only control pre-boot registry keys, and this is a post-boot issue.

X

Guest bigbuni

X

HKLM\system\state\samsung\keypad\SENDKeyEnabled from 0 to 1 fixed it for me.

--On reboot it will reset it to 0, so i think a script is needed to do it on boot.--

Edited by bigbuni

Guest xlightwaverx
HKLM\system\state\samsung\keypad\SENDKeyEnabled from 0 to 1 fixed it for me.

--On reboot it will reset it to 0, so i think a script is needed to do it on boot.--

<wap-provisioningdoc>
<characteristic type="Registry">
<characteristic type="HKLM\System\State\Samsung\Keypad">
<parm name="SENDKeyEnabled" value="1" datatype="integer" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>[/codebox]

This code should solve the issue if anyone wants to try it. You would have to put it into a .provxml file for example (mxipinit_startmenu_001.provxml) which loads on every boot but is not included in this ROM.

If anyone wants to try and create a regular file (no need for unicode), name it mxipinit_startmenu_001.provxml and have the posted code in it, theoretically it should work. I'm not home so I am not going to be able to give it a whirl right now, but I am anxious to see if this solves this time-old issue without requiring a scripting language to run a hack.

I know some .provxml files only boot on cold boots, but mxipinit and mxipupdate suppose to work on warm boots (correct me if I am wrong.)

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest nickmo20

Well, I'll try those suggestions too. I do recall something for the i910 (which I'll have to flash to OEM to double check)

HKLM->Security->Phone->Skin->Samsung Somewhere here I remember something saying enabled (0 or 1) which allowed me to switch between stock WinMo and Samsung)

With this, there was no need to do it time after time, it just stayed that way until you wanted to mod... I know it's not as hopeful but I might as well try just to narrow down possibilities or rule it out!

Also, X, your script did not work for me, saved as: mxipinit_startmenu_001.provxml in unicode (ansi work better?) in windows folder. attempted with soft reset as well as fresh boot up.

ONE LAST THING: Should the script datatype be integer? just curious... I don't know a whole lot but would it be Dword or something like that?

<wap-provisioningdoc>

</characteristic>

</characteristic>

</wap-provisioningdoc>

Edited by nickmo20

Guest xlightwaverx
Well, I'll try those suggestions too. I do recall something for the i910 (which I'll have to flash to OEM to double check)

HKLM->Security->Phone->Skin->Samsung Somewhere here I remember something saying enabled (0 or 1) which allowed me to switch between stock WinMo and Samsung)

With this, there was no need to do it time after time, it just stayed that way until you wanted to mod... I know it's not as hopeful but I might as well try just to narrow down possibilities or rule it out!

Also, X, your script did not work for me, saved as: mxipinit_startmenu_001.provxml in unicode (ansi work better?) in windows folder. attempted with soft reset as well as fresh boot up.

ONE LAST THING: Should the script datatype be integer? just curious... I don't know a whole lot but would it be Dword or something like that?

<wap-provisioningdoc>

</characteristic>

</characteristic>

</wap-provisioningdoc>

Find 'datatype=' in 'C:\Users\xlwx\Desktop\i920Kit\X\OEM\zzz_XLWX_Theme\mxipcold_zzzgreenACRE_100.provxml':

C:\Users\xlwx\Desktop\i920Kit\X\OEM\zzz_XLWX_Theme\mxipcold_zzzgreenACRE_100.provxml(4): <parm name="Skin" value="\windows\xlwxTheme.tsk" datatype="string"/>

C:\Users\xlwx\Desktop\i920Kit\X\OEM\zzz_XLWX_Theme\mxipcold_zzzgreenACRE_100.provxml(5): <parm name="UseStartImage" value="1" datatype="integer"/>

C:\Users\xlwx\Desktop\i920Kit\X\OEM\zzz_XLWX_Theme\mxipcold_zzzgreenACRE_100.provxml(6): <parm name="DPI" value="192" datatype="integer"/>

C:\Users\xlwx\Desktop\i920Kit\X\OEM\zzz_XLWX_Theme\mxipcold_zzzgreenACRE_100.provxml(7): <parm name="MultiColorThemeEnabled" value="1" datatype="integer"/>

It seems that it should work like that in .provxml :)

Maybe it has to be cooked in since it's changing the system settings. I'll keep messing with it.

And then again maybe the provxml gets loaded prior to the Samsung HardKey disabler check.

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest xlightwaverx

Updated Release on First Post.

Hardware Send Key = Enabled

X Button = Enabled

XMenu = Updated Menu Lists

Mortscript = Added

All Executables are now compressed from SYS and OEM that are not recmodded.

Something that I found interesting is that Mortscript comes UPX'd already. Wonder how many people knew that. :)

Enjoy,

X

Guest nickmo20
Updated Release on First Post.

Hardware Send Key = Enabled

X Button = Enabled

XMenu = Updated Menu Lists

Mortscript = Added

All Executables are now compressed from SYS and OEM that are not recmodded.

Something that I found interesting is that Mortscript comes UPX'd already. Wonder how many people knew that. :)

Enjoy,

X

OH MAN! You beat me to it! I CANNOT WAIT to DL this! I'll have to back up my stuff I just loaded from a couple days ago, but I'm stoked to say the least! And about as eager as a fat kid hittin' up a candy store!