Honeycomb Theme for Corvus Rom

Guest partner2

Guest partner2

Hello world :)

I've managed to make a honeycomb theme CorvusVegaRom 0.5 and Corvus 5 Rom.

It's based in a theme for Samsung Spica from Samdroid forum (thanks Ares12 and rrrulo). It has not only statusbar icons but a lot of other stuff.

post-872840-1303212711_thumb.png

post-872840-1303212680_thumb.png

post-872840-1303212693_thumb.png

post-872840-1303212721_thumb.png

post-872840-1303212729_thumb.png

post-872840-1303212745_thumb.png

I suggest to use VTL Launcher with the ADW Honeycomb theme for the desktop.

To use install the zip from the recovery

http://www.multiupload.com/O39UWBEZKI

Enjoy it

P.S. thanks to Corvus, Ares12 and rrrulo

P.P.S. If you like my work you can buy a beer to any of the above users :)

P.P.P.S Sorry for my english

Edited by partner2

Guest MaxiP

Nice theme but one or 2 issues;

when I installed it, it removed my Google account settings so they had to be re-added

text under widgets is slightly too big meaning that some labels don't look right (OK for icons though)

Guest partner2

when I installed it, it removed my Google account settings so they had to be re-added

text under widgets is slightly too big meaning that some labels don't look right (OK for icons though)

Yes, it removes the google account settings (I don't now why) but only in the first start. After that, all is OK.

Could you attach a screenshot about the widgets's problem? Thanks

Guest MaxiP
Yes, it removes the google account settings (I don't now why) but only in the first start. After that, all is OK.

Could you attach a screenshot about the widgets's problem? Thanks

Screenshot - widget labels for Folder Orgainzer should say Apps, Games, Internet, Kids

post-804711-1303223920_thumb.png

Edited by MaxiP

Guest partner2
Screenshot - widget labels for Folder Orgainzer should say Apps, Games, Internet, Kids

Could it be a VTL bug? Anyway, I'll try to look if I can fix it.

Guest FrownBreaker
.........I'm trying to make an update zip for recovery, but at the moment it doesn't work for me (any help would be nice..........

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=796474 says

"Main .zip

{

META-INF { com -> google -> android -> update-script } ( <- these are folders inside the META-INF except update-script this is a script file)

app (if the file you want to flash is an app it goes in this folder)

framework (if the file you want to flash is a framework file it goes in this folder)

system (if the file you want to flash is a system file (start up animations) it goes in this folder also make sure you put the correct subfolder inside this folder ie: if your file goes in system -> media make sure you put the file you wish to flash in a correctly named subfolder other wise it will flash into just the system folder and not into the correct folder within the system folder on your phone.)

}

After your folder structure is set up you must tell clockwork which folder or folders in the zip to flash. To do this open the update-script from the zip with a text editor and modify or add these lines with the correct folders.

copy_dir PACKAGE:framework SYSTEM:framework (use this for the framework folder)

copy_dir PACKAGE:app SYSTEM:app (use this for the app folder)

copy_dir PACKAGE:system SYSTEM:system (use this for the system folder)

Then sign your zip and flash."

There are images of the dir structure etc on the link above, let us know how you get on and thanks for all this excellent work! By the way your English is perfect!

Guest partner2

Thanks, I will try it tomorrow

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=796474 says

"Main .zip

{

META-INF { com -> google -> android -> update-script } ( <- these are folders inside the META-INF except update-script this is a script file)

app (if the file you want to flash is an app it goes in this folder)

framework (if the file you want to flash is a framework file it goes in this folder)

system (if the file you want to flash is a system file (start up animations) it goes in this folder also make sure you put the correct subfolder inside this folder ie: if your file goes in system -> media make sure you put the file you wish to flash in a correctly named subfolder other wise it will flash into just the system folder and not into the correct folder within the system folder on your phone.)

}

After your folder structure is set up you must tell clockwork which folder or folders in the zip to flash. To do this open the update-script from the zip with a text editor and modify or add these lines with the correct folders.

copy_dir PACKAGE:framework SYSTEM:framework (use this for the framework folder)

copy_dir PACKAGE:app SYSTEM:app (use this for the app folder)

copy_dir PACKAGE:system SYSTEM:system (use this for the system folder)

Then sign your zip and flash."

There are images of the dir structure etc on the link above, let us know how you get on and thanks for all this excellent work! By the way your English is perfect!

Guest partner2

I've tested it (with the lite version) and it's working for me. Maybe you can add the widgets again...

Guest partner2

First post updated, now you can install it through the recovery (thanks FrownBreaker). Please test.

Sorry for tripple post :)

Edited by partner2

Guest Jisonga

Not only was honeycomb easy to install but it looks great mate and i am very pleased with the results of your hard work.

Thanks.

Jason.

Guest BlackCat^

Looks great, nice job.

How feasible is it for the status bar to be moved to the bottom of the screen and the button ordering be moved to fully replicate the Honeycomb bar?

Would look fantastic if this were possible.

Edit: I have just seen this on the CM7 with HC tweaks ROM so it is possible, but anyone know how easy this is to implement for Corvus ROM?

Edited by BlackCat^

Guest partner2
Looks great, nice job.

How feasible is it for the status bar to be moved to the bottom of the screen and the button ordering be moved to fully replicate the Honeycomb bar?

Would look fantastic if this were possible.

Edit: I have just seen this on the CM7 with HC tweaks so it is possible, but anyone know how easy this is to implement for this ROM?

I'm sorry, I'm not a developer (yet :) ). I had the same idea and search for a solution, but I didn't had luck. I saw that it's a mod for Nook, but they don't explain how to port it...

Edit: I've bottom statusbar working. Stay tunned.

Edited by partner2

Guest rubbery
First post updated, now you can install it through the recovery (thanks FrownBreaker). Please test.

Sorry for tripple post :)

This failed when trying to install it with the latest version of clockwork mod. Said something about that style of update not supported from v3.0 clockwork onwards. Could you please add the adb steps back to this thread too as I put your theme on and have now moved to latest version of clockwork and corvus5 and really want the theme back!!

Guest partner2

I'm in my computer, so it's not tested:

adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework

adb push Music.apk /system/app

adb push DownloadProvider.apk /system/app

This failed when trying to install it with the latest version of clockwork mod. Said something about that style of update not supported from v3.0 clockwork onwards. Could you please add the adb steps back to this thread too as I put your theme on and have now moved to latest version of clockwork and corvus5 and really want the theme back!!

Guest rubbery
I'm in my computer, so it's not tested:

adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework

adb push Music.apk /system/app

adb push DownloadProvider.apk /system/app

Perfect, thank you.

Was it your framework file that had the nice 'android' boot animation? I'm sure it came up when i installed your theme on corvus0.5 but on corvus5 it doesn't display. Not a big deal just wanted to mention it.

Thanks again for sharing your work it is very much appreciated.

Guest partner2

Updated first post. Now working in new recovery.

By the way, you're right. The boot animation is missing with the new Corvus rom. I Don't when I'll have time to look at that. It's easter holidays here :)

Perfect, thank you.

Was it your framework file that had the nice 'android' boot animation? I'm sure it came up when i installed your theme on corvus0.5 but on corvus5 it doesn't display. Not a big deal just wanted to mention it.

Thanks again for sharing your work it is very much appreciated.

Guest rubbery

By the way, you're right. The boot animation is missing with the new Corvus rom. I Don't when I'll have time to look at that. It's easter holidays here :)

Excellent thanks again.

Enjoy your Easter break!

Guest newbe5

The custom boot animation that is bundles with Corvus5 overrides any "Simple Boot" logo that exits in the framework. To get around this, you can remove or rename the Corvus5 boot animation (/system/media/bootanimation.zip) and the system will then fall back on whatever it finds in the framework.

Hope that helps!

newbe5

Guest newbe5
I'm sorry, I'm not a developer (yet :) ). I had the same idea and search for a solution, but I didn't had luck. I saw that it's a mod for Nook, but they don't explain how to port it...

Edit: I've bottom statusbar working. Stay tunned.

At a guess, you've done this with a change to framework.jar? Be careful with this if that is the case, and do a Dalvik wipe after you push the replacement (it will probably rebuild Dalvik after a reboot anyway). Replacing the framework.jar modifies the very core of the way that Android displays, so be sure it's working correctly and always back up first! :)

I#ll be interested to see this if it's working, did you just grab the framework.jar from the Nook mod, or have you rebuilt it with apktool?

newbe5

Guest rferrett

The fancy clock on the screenshots. Is that included in the .zip or does one need to download form elsewhere. If so what it is called?

Guest Kevrae
The fancy clock on the screenshots. Is that included in the .zip or does one need to download form elsewhere. If so what it is called?

Its a download its called honeycomb clock free available from the market.

Edited by Kevrae