[Update] Save ur Bricked V880 and also the IMEI

Guest burstlam

Guest burstlam

WARNING : PLEASE BEWARE THAT YOU MAY LOSE THE IMEI AND BRICK YOUR PHONE IF OPERATE IMPROPERLY.

AND PLEASE DO BACKUP CURRENT IMEI INFO BEFORE ANY ACTION."

edit : For those who flashed their firmware with hacatae's or hedgepigdaniel's . please keep a backup the channel1.nvm found in the program folder after a sucess run.

for those who bricked ur v880 due to upgrade failure. this guide might help.

some fellas in China already revived the phone by doing this.

Revive a bricked Phone

1. To check whether ur phone could use this method

This guide works only if the phone could run in the DFU mode in Windows: )

To do so, pls turn off the power and unplug the battery.

then press (and hold) both volume + and - buttons and connect ur phone to PC with an USB cable. (no need to put back the battery and pls install the ZTE driver package first)

if everything okay, u will hear the notification sound only that your phone should be remain in a plain black screen.

then u will see " ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface (DFU) is connect with (COM XX)" inside Windows' device manager in control panel

1.jpg

If the phone cannot boot into DFU mode, then it is really bricked. U need a replacement.

2. If the phone is detected , continue to download this ZTE universal downloader toolset with several firmware packages.

http://hotfile.com/dl/115367515/af3e2a7/v8...covery.zip.html

unzip the program to desktop then replace the .cfg file inside with this :

http://hotfile.com/dl/115438650/db0c6ba/WC...etting.cfg.html

3. Double click to launch USDL_P726CV1.00.00.exe inside

4. login in as Administrator (press the "!" mark to change the ID). then Input the PW: ZTEsmt123

a.jpg

5. enter the main window then u need to setup the communication port number ( the port connected in DFU mode )

press ok and it brings you back the main window.

setup the com port in DFU mode (menu bar > option >port config)

4.jpg

After that, u will see the message that ur phone is running in download mode in Line 1.

If u see the word in red : "Fail". It means something wrong with ur phone motherboard. And u need to contact for replacement

c.jpg

6. then pickup the proper firmware u want to upload to the phone by browsing the path of "SW Directory" at the lower left hand corner

(u need to scroll down in the main window to see this thread)

c1.jpg

there are 3 firmware sets inside the zip u download.

A. GEN 1 Orange Sanfranciso with a partition layout of 136 mb system 15 cache and 289mb data

B. GEN 2 Orange Sanfranciso with a partition layout of 136 mb system 15 cache and 289mb data

C. Unicom Chinese retail version of blade(U X880) , running with 256 mb system ram.

Select pack B. then press start all and wait for it.

[edit@10 July 2011]: thanks for hedgepigdaniel's reminder, to save time, u may flash with a matching partition layout (about 160MB for system partition) to current CM7. with the custom firmware found in his thread(wbaw's V7) : http://www.mediafire.com/?fczy3y0el3zaw6s , extract the file and then replace the firmware set with thoses files from the extracted content(firmware files are located inside the "files" folder).

(if u want to downgrade to gen 1, u better work it out with the Patch Version downloader (provided by hacatae's ). Use this downloader to do so will struck yout phone with Airplane Mode. )

7. then setup the config like this :

Snap-2011-04-23-01-40-44-1.jpg

when everything is ready, press start all to launch the program,

yr phone should be okay when it finish.

Backup the Original IMEI

For those who wanna perform NV backup or restore should know that,

u can't make a nvm backup or restore unless FTM mode of stock recovery has been launch,

for this action need to be done with the FTM protocol instead of DFU mode.

so just flash back the stock recovery and boot it to FTM mode before running this official downloader.

select both RF/BT/IMEI/ulock info and nv backup option , u will get a proper working nvm for future use. )

Snap-2011-04-24-06-28-04.jpg

Restoring AN IMEI

As mention, to get the NV option works , ur have to flash back the stock recovery and get your machne boot into FTM mode.

For person who messed up with their imei ,they can revive it by editing the nvm file and flash it back.

make a backup with ZTE downloader . edit the channel1.nvm with any hex editor

go to offset 0x1105 (Backup by Windows version downloader patch by Ramdir, used fpr wbaw's or hacatae custom firmware)or

0x1215 (Backup by the ZTE universal downloader)

Snap-2011-04-23-03-53-05.jpg

the current imei is store in dec format , an imei : 3 45 67 89 10 12 13 14

will be reordered as 3A 54 76 98 01 21 31 41

first digit settle in this way: (0)3>>3(0), and A=0

get ur self the orignial imei with the sticker on the back of ur phone

reorder it with the above proper format.

save the changes and then restore it with the official downloader

login as administrator, this time change the settings by

enabling the "NV RESTORE" and "RF /BT /IMEI" Option.

and u will have yr IMEI back.

for those who lose their IMEI with a downgraded GEN1 machine and without a proper backup.

Here is a NVM file (Complete NV iems backup, I just made up a fake imei.):

http://hotfile.com/dl/115553882/d8d599f/Channel1.nvm.html (GEN 1 nvm BACKUP)

IMEI address start from offset 1215, edit it with a hexeditor with proper order.

Restore steps are same as the Gen2 Machine .

Edited by burstlam

Guest hedgepigdaniel

well hopefully a compromise will be made - it would be quite difficult to change the IMEI with this - its not like there is a big "change IMEI" button, and it otherwise has a great deal of uses

Guest burstlam
The amss.bin in the orange Gen2 folder and Gen1 folder are the same - what's up with that?

batch copy error ~ my mistake

has been fix.

Guest targetbsp
i posted this software some time ago modaco deleted it thay said it could change imei number

and thats why thay deleted it

That explains why I was unable to find that thread when I was looking a while back. :) Seems an odd thing to do - just because it can be used to change something it shouldn't. That's not its main purpose. There's a heck of a lot of things in this world that *could* be used to do something illegal yet have other genuine uses and no-one has banned us from having. :)

Guest hedgepigdaniel
That explains why I was unable to find that thread when I was looking a while back. :) Seems an odd thing to do - just because it can be used to change something it shouldn't. That's not its main purpose. There's a heck of a lot of things in this world that *could* be used to do something illegal yet have other genuine uses and no-one has banned us from having. :)

Knives can be used to kill people, therefore there should be no knives.

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Hi.

Any way for restore my IMEI on GEN1 phone with my channel1.nvm with this program ?

Thanks.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest philmein

tried the above from post 1 phone goes into dfu mode (no ftm or fastboot) port checks ok

phone goes into download mode tried gen 1 and gen 2 in sw/directory hits start all and i get Restore NV fail!

any help would be great phones been bricked weeks now

Guest burstlam
tried the above from post 1 phone goes into dfu mode (no ftm or fastboot) port checks ok

phone goes into download mode tried gen 1 and gen 2 in sw/directory hits start all and i get Restore NV fail!

any help would be great phones been bricked weeks now

replace the cfg file with this one. hopefully it will unbrick ur phone but it won't restore the nv.

http://hotfile.com/dl/115406615/3b76917/WC...etting.cfg.html

if u want to fix the imei issue

u need the stock recovery and get the phone boot in FTM mode to get the DFU protocol works.

Edited by burstlam

Guest Mahendra Soni
replace the cfg file with this one. hopefully it will unbrick ur phone but it won't restore the nv.

http://hotfile.com/dl/115406615/3b76917/WC...etting.cfg.html

if u want to fix the imei issue

u need the stock recovery and get the phone boot in FTM mode to get the DFU protocol works.

Hi, I am in same condition. I bricked my Orange SF while upgrading from Gen1 to Gen2. I followed the guide in Post - 1.

I had the same error : Restore NV fail!

I replaced the cfg file as you adviced to philmein, but I still have the error: Restore NV fail!

Can you help me how shell I proceed further to unbrick my blade and how to Restore NV? My mobile is stuck on Green Man logo.

Guest burstlam
Hi, I am in same condition. I bricked my Orange SF while upgrading from Gen1 to Gen2. I followed the guide in Post - 1.

I had the same error : Restore NV fail!

I replaced the cfg file as you adviced to philmein, but I still have the error: Restore NV fail!

Can you help me how shell I proceed further to unbrick my blade and how to Restore NV? My mobile is stuck on Green Man logo.

TRY TO REPLACE WITH THIS ONE, U HAVE TO SELECT THE GEN2 FIRMWARE PACKAGE.

Guest Mahendra Soni
TRY TO REPLACE WITH THIS ONE, U HAVE TO SELECT THE GEN2 FIRMWARE PACKAGE.

I changed the .cfg file but still having the Restore NV Fail error. I am using Gen2 firmware package. :)

In ActionLog I got this :

2011.4.22 21:53:52¡ª¡ªRestore NV

2011.4.22 21:53:58¡ª¡ªEnter offline mode fail when restore NV!

2011.4.22 21:53:58¡ª¡ªRestore NV fail!

Edited by Mahendra Soni

Guest burstlam
I changed the .cfg file but still having the Restore NV Fail error. I am using Gen2 firmware package. :)

In ActionLog I got this :

2011.4.22 21:53:52¡ª¡ªRestore NV

2011.4.22 21:53:58¡ª¡ªEnter offline mode fail when restore NV!

2011.4.22 21:53:58¡ª¡ªRestore NV fail!

DID RECOVERY STILL WORKING FOR U ?

FOR NV RESTORE AND BACKUP, U NEED THE STOCK RECOVERY AND BOOT IT TO FTM MODE

Edited by burstlam

Guest Mahendra Soni
DID RECOVERY STILL WORKING FOR U ?

FOR NV RESTORE AND BACKUP, U NEED THE STOCK RECOVERY AND BOOT IT TO FTM MODE

No. Actually when i upgraded my blade from gen1 to gen2, everything went fine but mobile was not coming our of recovery even if i flashed SS RLS5 and it said update done, but still my mobile was not booting normally and going into recovery. So, i did a full wipe but accidently i also formatted system, revovery, boot etc from "mount sdcard" menu in CWM recovery. As I restarted mobile, i stuck on green man logo. I know i messed up with my blade but do i still have any hope? Please

Edited by Mahendra Soni

Guest burstlam
No. Actually when i upgraded my blade from gen1 to gen2, everything went fine but mobile was not coming our of recovery even if i flashed SS RLS5 and it said update done, but still my mobile was not booting normally and going into recovery. So, i did a full wipe but accidently i also formatted system, revovery, boot etc from "mount sdcard" menu in CWM recovery. As I restarted mobile, i stuck on green man logo. I know i messed up with my blade but do i still have any hope? Please

um... u got nothing to bootup...

for u have upgrade to GEN2... the fastboot method is disabled

there is no way to setup the adb shell either...

what I thnking of is a liitle bit crazy..

use my method to boot up the device into DFU mode..

them use the gen2 upgrade program again... of course u have to bear the risk of messing up the IMEI

if it works... u should get back ur recovery...

don't format everything...

Guest Mahendra Soni
um... u got nothing to bootup...

for u have upgrade to GEN2... the fastboot method is disabled

there is no way to setup the adb shell either...

them use the gen2 upgrade program again... of course u have to bear the risk of messing up the IMEI

if it works... u should get back ur recovery...

don't format everything...

My mobile is able to enter into DFU mode as per you method. But I can't run gen2 upgrade program as the START button is not active

Guest leromarinvit

The normal Gen2 updater never worked for me in DFU mode, but your program does. So I'd say:

1) boot into DFU mode and use this program to flash Gen2, this will make it boot again

2) flash stock recovery, to get FTM

3) use the normal Gen2 update & replace Channel1.nvm at ~10% (you did make a backup, didn't you?) to get your IMEI back

Guest burstlam

login to my downloader as Administrator (Press the ! mark in the login window)

PW: ZTEsmt123

set up this thread according to this setting

Snap-2011-04-23-01-40-44.jpg

Edited by burstlam

Guest Mahendra Soni
login to my downloader as Administrator (Press the ! mark in the login window)

PW: ZTEsmt123

set up this thread according to this setting

Snap-2011-04-23-01-40-44.jpg

Thank you so much ... your trick worked. :)

I used your downloader and i got this message : Line1 success! It cost 0 minutes and 31 seconds

Now I have CWM Recovery v3.0.1.4 installed. I also flashed KK's SS RLS5 and it was successfully installed. But as I reboot, it again going into recovery mode :)

Edited by Mahendra Soni

Guest Mahendra Soni
The normal Gen2 updater never worked for me in DFU mode, but your program does. So I'd say:

1) boot into DFU mode and use this program to flash Gen2, this will make it boot again

2) flash stock recovery, to get FTM

3) use the normal Gen2 update & replace Channel1.nvm at ~10% (you did make a backup, didn't you?) to get your IMEI back

Thanks you so much for your help. Yes i made a backup of Channel1.nvm :)

Guest burstlam
Thank you so much ... your trick worked. :)

I used your downloader and i got this message : Line1 success! It cost 0 minutes and 31 seconds

Now I have CWM Recovery v3.0.1.4 installed. I also flashed KK's SS RLS5 and it was successfully installed. But as I reboot, it again going into recovery mode :)

change the RECOVERY to AR MON version and try out CM instead of SS RLS5?

Edited by burstlam