Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade

Guest wbaw

Just for sure:

I´m on v4 and want to go on v7b...I can do this without need to go to gen1,is that right?Just simply copy image to the card and menu,vol+ and power /as made the v4/

I read whole 28 pages and need make sure :P

dont wanna brick my lovely OSF ;)

Yes, you'll be fine if you check the nandroid.md5 before flashing & make sure your battery is charged. Do a backup in clockworkmod first (it will wipe your data), then restore it after you tpt.

Edited by wbaw

Guest stubphen

is there mirror site for CM7-N98-Blade-TPT.zip ?

The download was stopped in the halfway...

thanks~~

edit: it worked finally, anyway, thanks for the nice work ;)

Edited by stubphen

Guest Jon76

Couple of questions from someone struggling to TPT for the first time. I have a GEN1 phone which was stock Orange but CWM updated and now I'm running SS RLS5 and happy with it however I was going to try this ROM.

My phone doesn't seem to want to go into TPT mode. I'm holding down vol+ & menu when I press the power button and I keep holding it but I always get the android green man followed by the android word bootloader and normal boot into SS RLS5. ( but if I do power & vol - I go into recovery as expected)

Do I have to SIM unlock? This guide doesn't seem to reference it but another guide on this forum does.

Hope you can help (maybe I should just stick with SS RLS5 as there don't seem to be that many benefits over that?)

J

Guest heavyduty00
Couple of questions from someone struggling to TPT for the first time. I have a GEN1 phone which was stock Orange but CWM updated and now I'm running SS RLS5 and happy with it however I was going to try this ROM.

My phone doesn't seem to want to go into TPT mode. I'm holding down vol+ & menu when I press the power button and I keep holding it but I always get the android green man followed by the android word bootloader and normal boot into SS RLS5. ( but if I do power & vol - I go into recovery as expected)

Do I have to SIM unlock? This guide doesn't seem to reference it but another guide on this forum does.

Hope you can help (maybe I should just stick with SS RLS5 as there don't seem to be that many benefits over that?)

J

hey, i just converted my gen1 phone to gen2 last night from ss rls5 using this method and it went ok.

did u unzip/extract the files from the zip file in ur sd card?

I would recommend you use the 'CM7 Nightly 104 gen2 upgrade TPT is here, (size:104.05mb md5:dff548b97151cb3a93f0e73ccc06fbe9 2mb cache, 140mb system, 314mb data). It's a similar process to above & can be used as an alternative to the above TPT, it installs the latest CM7 rom & clockworkmod for you as well as upgrading to Gen2.' (sorry, dunno how to quote)

if you download this file, then put it onto your sd card and unzip, it should create an image directory. Check it is ok by verifying it using AFV from market. then just power off, and do menu + vol+ and power button and power on. I had to wait a few minutes for it to begin to work but it should work if you follow these steps. Ask if unsure cause i just did exactly this last night and it worked!

Guest hugobosslives

i think he's refering to the issues with n105 (not related to this thread).

for example superuser rights have somehow been corrupted and there are other smaller issues with n105.

@Metroid_Maniac if this is what your talking about. please post on the cm7 thread (where people are talking about this issue with n105) as this thread is for talking about the tpt conversion.....

i think he's refering to the issues with n105 (not related to this thread).

for example superuser rights have somehow been corrupted and there are other smaller issues with n105.

@Metroid_Maniac if this is what your talking about. please post on the cm7 thread (where people are talking about this issue with n105) as this thread is for talking about the tpt conversion.....

I added the su binary back to this tpt, I also posted a patch in the cm7 thread, it works.

Edited by wbaw

Guest hugobosslives
Ah, yeah. Look to the left, I think you'll see why I asked the question here. :)

the left? what am I looking at......

yer cheers wbaw i had already seen your patch. tho I am on a self build before one of the commits mucked up the su so it doesn't affect me.

Guest Jekle
Does my orange san francisco can upgrade to gen2?

Yes just backup anything important and copy the image folder form the download to the tf card and hold power + menu and volume up

Edited by Jekle

Guest 用户名已经
Yes just backup anything important and copy the image folder form the download to the tf card and hold power + menu and volume up

thank you.

Guest Movisman

Hi,

I took the plunge and updated to Gen2 140mb layout with this, and it worked first time with no issues whatsoever.

Just wanted to say thanks for making the process ridiculously easy.

Cheers

Guest kostekk

Hi, I've got following problem.

During the upgrade (green text) there's an error on "splash.img" called "error!" :). This happens both in 140mb and 160mb version.

Gen2 to Gen1 works fine.

What's wrong?

Guest NeRii

Howdy, I've got little difficulty here... I've tried to change GEN1 to GEN2 by following steps in article but I'm stuck at pressing menu, volume up and power up. I've done this on every possible way but it doesn't work. At every turn it going over, shows me oragne logo and boot brand system

Without any trouble I can boot Clockwork menu pressing Vol -. I've checked on two diffrent SD, without sim...

What shall I do?

btw. I'm quite new in Android community, sorry :)

thanks

Edited by NeRii

Guest Tazerz

Update from T-Flash card!

load /mmc1/image/qcsblhd_cfgdata.mbn 100%

load /mmc1/image/qcsbl.mbn 100%

load /mmc1/image/oemsbl.mbn 100%

load /mmc1/image/amss.mbn 100%

load /mmc1/image/appsboot.mbn 100%

load /mmc1/image/splash.img 85%

error!

And now when I boot up I get a giant Android with white noise at the top, and can't access recovery. Powering on with Menu & Vol+ held gets me into the flash menu again but gets the error at the same place.

Help please? :)

EDIT: Also I can't even boot up normally, it freezes on the fudged up android screen.

Edited by Tazerz

Guest Amphoras
Update from T-Flash card!

load /mmc1/image/qcsblhd_cfgdata.mbn 100%

load /mmc1/image/qcsbl.mbn 100%

load /mmc1/image/oemsbl.mbn 100%

load /mmc1/image/amss.mbn 100%

load /mmc1/image/appsboot.mbn 100%

load /mmc1/image/splash.img 85%

error!

And now when I boot up I get a giant Android with white noise at the top, and can't access recovery. Powering on with Menu & Vol+ held gets me into the flash menu again but gets the error at the same place.

Help please? :)

EDIT: Also I can't even boot up normally, it freezes on the fudged up android screen.

Did you check the md5sums with AFV before you started, and were they ok?

Guest Tazerz
Did you check the md5sums with AFV before you started, and were they ok?

Yes, they matched. I then read that I needed to have the "image" directory in SD card root, so I moved it over. However I did not check the MD5 again after moving the folder. I can't recall if there were two image folders in the SD root, don't know if that may have been the problem.

Also thank you for the speedy response :)

Edited by Tazerz

Guest Amphoras
Yes, they matched. I then read that I needed to have the "image" directory in SD card root, so I moved it over. However I did not check the MD5 again after moving the folder. I can't recall if there were two image folders in the SD root, don't know if that may have been the problem.

Also thank you for the speedy response :)

If you can get the sd card on your computer, try putting it in there and check if there's just one image folder. If there is, try downloading the TPT again and see if you can run it. If it still doesn't work, you could try the one with the other partition size and see if that works.