Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade

Guest wbaw

Guest hedgepigdaniel
I accidentally reinstalled Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade (power on ... & vol+ held. without menu press but it worked).

"...see some green text" and Now, the screen flashes just Big an android man NON STOP. No buttons are responding.

Please help.

I would be very grateful.

Make sure the files are all intact (download them again and check the checksums), and do it again. If it worked the first time, It will work again.

I accidentally reinstalled Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade (power on ... & vol+ held. without menu press but it worked).

"...see some green text" and Now, the screen flashes just Big an android man NON STOP. No buttons are responding.

Please help.

I would be very grateful.

Did you leave it for 10 minutes to make sure it isn't going to start? Do you have a microsd reader?

If so, then pull the battery out to turn it off, take the sd card out & put the phone on to charge. Extract either Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v7.zip or Gen2-to-Gen1-TPT-v2-stock.zip to your sd card (make sure you have a rom or backup to install too), check the md5, unmount the card safely, then double check the md5.

Put the sd card back in your phone & tpt again, hopefully it'll fix it.

Once it's working again, delete or rename the image folder on your sd card.

Edited by wbaw

Guest Dovbush

Did you leave it for 10 minutes to make sure it isn't going to start? Do you have a microsd reader?

If so, then pull the battery out to turn it off, take the sd card out & put the phone on to charge. Extract either Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v7.zip or Gen2-to-Gen1-TPT-v2-stock.zip to your sd card (make sure you have a rom or backup to install too), check the md5, unmount the card safely, then double check the md5.

Put the sd card back in your phone & tpt again, hopefully it'll fix it.

Once it's working again, delete or rename the image folder on your sd card.

Thank you very much!

The best advice - advice from a professional!

Continues to flash for without stopping 10,20,...minutes, I do not have a microsd reader.

I used another new OSF G1 phone (as a micro sd reader). Reinstalled everything on the sd card. Then rearrange it in my old phone and upgraded to G2 successfully. All work. Thanks one more :) :) :)

Edited by Dovbush

Guest Airazz

I'm having a slight problem here. I currently have FLB Froyo installed. I extracted the .zip file in the SD card as per instructions, checked with AFV, everything seems fine. I turn phone off, wait a bit, then press Vol+ and Power, phone turns on as normal, with FLB Froyo running. Tried Vol+, Power and Menu, same happens. What could be the problem? I have installed latest clockwork, if that matters.

Edit: Nvm, suddenly it decided to start working.

Edited by Airazz

Why isn't this sticky any more? It's the best, safest, fastest & easiest way to install a Gen2 custom rom on a Gen1 Blade. Outdated threads which don't really work any more & dangerous ones that risk people losing their IMEI are still sticky.

So, what's the game here?

Edited by wbaw

bummer that was suppost to be a plus not a minus but ive plused another post so your rep won't take a hit

Apparently my reputation is excellent. I wouldn't notice one point & I'm not sure what it's for either.

I seem to be able to +1 my own posts too & people should be able to undo their votes in case they slip or something. Maybe the feature needs a bit of work.

Guest Matty-p

Apparently my reputation is excellent. I wouldn't notice one point & I'm not sure what it's for either.

I seem to be able to +1 my own posts too & people should be able to undo their votes in case they slip or something. Maybe the feature needs a bit of work.

So you can that dose sorta seem a little floored if i remember ill talk to paul about it.

Updated, latest amss.mbn from Hungary 2.2.2 rom update. Also, new stock rom compatible version.

Custom rom version (should work well with most custom roms, more room for your apps & data)

Download: Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v8-custom.zip mirror

Download size: 16.05mb

MD5: 35581040f3af0387af502e80cdcaf364

SHA1: 3958e25c3a1a6f3ed982318f5bd70c8369a82981

Partitions: 2mb cache, 160mb system, 294mb data, 0.1mb oem

Alternative version - enough space to install gen2 stock roms

Download: Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v8-stock.zip mirror

Download size: 16.06mb

MD5: b87a8fb0dd779dde393993cd2f786d37

SHA1: 47c9843cbfdf28ed504f3b3252e2f8b327bd6bee

Partitions: 37mb cache, 210mb system, 204mb data 4mb oem

Guest Ray-man

Many thanks wbaw, this looks exactly what I was hoping to find. Upgrading can be very daunting for a novice like me but the help of dedicated members like yourself makes an otherwise risky process posible. My phone is a new GEN1 san francisco running 2.1 update 1 so it's ideal for this. The phone has been unlocked, rooted, AFV and Clockwork mod installed with a backup on the sd card, everything else is as shipped. I am planning to try your all-in-one upgrade to Cyanogen 7.1

I have some questions but sorry if they're rather simplistic:

Is the Cyanogen 7.1 the most recent stable build?

Does this process debrand and remove the orange bloatware or is that a seperate process, if seperate should that be done first?

Does the download and unzip have to be performed on the phone or can it be done with the sd card in a pc then transferred to the phone to install?

If I download to the phone where do I find a suitable unzip app, and what's it called?

Thanks again

Edited by Ray-man

Guest k0zmic

Many thanks mbaw, this looks exactly what I was hoping to find. Upgrading can be very daunting for a novice like me but the help of dedicated members like yourself makes an otherwise risky process posible. My phone is a new GEN1 san francisco running 2.1 update 1 so it's ideal for this. The phone has been unlocked, rooted, AFV and Clockwork mod installed with a backup on the sd card, everything else is as shipped. I am planning to try your all-in-one upgrade to Cyanogen 7.1

I have some questions but sorry if they're rather simplistic:

Is the Cyanogen 7.1 the most recent stable build?

Does this process debrand and remove the orange bloatware or is that a seperate process, if seperate should that be done first?

In theory yes, in reality use Nightly 126 onwards.

Yep it'll remove the Bloat.

Guest mobile579

Does anyone know if you applied a Gen2 upgrade TPT from the other thread CURL66 (15MB cache still) can you still apply a TPT from this thread?

e.g. Gen1 to Gen2 and then apply another Gen2 from this thread?

Is the Gen2 in the TPTs in this thread better than the other thread?

TIA

Does anyone know if you applied a Gen2 upgrade TPT from the other thread CURL66 (15MB cache still) can you still apply a TPT from this thread?

e.g. Gen1 to Gen2 and then apply another Gen2 from this thread?

Is the Gen2 in the TPTs in this thread better than the other thread?

TIA

Yes, they're the same, just the ones in this thread are a bit more up to date.

Guest Ray-man

I have encountered a problem.

I downloaded cm-7.1.0-SP1-Blade-TPT.zip to my pc then attempted to unzip to my phone sd card via USB (I'm learning!). The process started fine then had an 'Unexpected Error....' message. Error: 0x80004005 - Unspecified Error. Extracting file: recovery.img - Type: IMG file - Size: 3.66MB - Date modified: 23/4/2011 23:53.

I retried twice with same results, then skipped and the remainder unzipped okay.

I deleted the image folder from the sd card and tried unzipping to a test file on the pc - Same results.

Deleted all files and downloaded cm-7..... again. There were no errors reported during download (Slow download used).

Tried unzip to pc test file - Same error on same file.

What am I doing wrong?

I have encountered a problem.

I downloaded cm-7.1.0-SP1-Blade-TPT.zip to my pc then attempted to unzip to my phone sd card via USB (I'm learning!). The process started fine then had an 'Unexpected Error....' message. Error: 0x80004005 - Unspecified Error. Extracting file: recovery.img - Type: IMG file - Size: 3.66MB - Date modified: 23/4/2011 23:53.

I retried twice with same results, then skipped and the remainder unzipped okay.

I deleted the image folder from the sd card and tried unzipping to a test file on the pc - Same results.

Deleted all files and downloaded cm-7..... again. There were no errors reported during download (Slow download used).

Tried unzip to pc test file - Same error on same file.

What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like the download is corrupt, try again & test the md5.

You'd be better off with the latest CM7 nightly anyway, it's more up to date, get the Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v8-custom.zip from the first post, then the latest cm7 nightly from here http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=blade and the google apps package from here: http://goo-inside.me/gapps extract the tpt zip file to your sdcard & copy the other 2 zip files. Do the TPT first, it'll start up in clockworkmod, use that to flash cm7, then gapps.

Whatever you do, don't try to flash a TPT that has errors when you extract it & always double check all the md5sums. Flashing a corrupt TPT can kill your phone.

Edited by wbaw

Guest Ray-man

You'd be better off with the latest CM7 nightly anyway, it's more up to date, get the Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v8-custom.zip from the first post, then the latest cm7 nightly from here http://download.cyan...m/?device=blade and the google apps package from here: http://goo-inside.me/gapps extract the tpt zip file to your sdcard & copy the other 2 zip files. Do the TPT first, it'll start up in clockworkmod, use that to flash cm7, then gapps.

Whatever you do, don't try to flash a TPT that has errors when you extract it & always double check all the md5sums. Flashing a corrupt TPT can kill your phone.

Thanks wbaw, I'll try this method with the latest nightly.

No 140 MB system anymore?

CM7 & a few other roms are getting bigger. 140mb isn't going to be enough for CM7 soon & it's not enough for some of the other custom roms either. 160mb system should be enough for any custom rom & some of the lighter stock roms too (with a patch to redirect /cache).

ClockworkMod doesn't give any errors if it runs out of space, so it's quite easy for a new user to try flashing a rom that's too big for their system partition, then they have no idea why it wont work (or why parts of it don't work). Too many versions are confusing for new users, especially if one of them doesn't work, it's easier just to have one version that works with any custom rom & another that works with any stock rom.

Updated amss.mbn - which seems to make no noticeable difference & the new stock rom compatible version are the only updates anyway, so if you're already on 140mb, happy with it & don't want to install a larger rom, then there is no reason to change.

Edited by wbaw

Guest digital0

You can create the partition sizes yourself with this tool if you want to: http://www.mediafire...ma18idbscsmojqn

Tried running with mono under Linux, I can see "Select your version Gen1 Gen2", but unfortunately it does not react on mouse press.

CM7 & a few other roms are getting bigger. 140mb isn't going to be enough for CM7 soon & it's not enough for some of the other custom roms either. 160mb system should be enough for any custom rom & some of the lighter stock roms too (with a patch to redirect /cache).

ClockworkMod doesn't give any errors if it runs out of space, so it's quite easy for a new user to try flashing a rom that's too big for their system partition, then they have no idea why it wont work (or why parts of it don't work). Too many versions are confusing for new users, especially if one of them doesn't work, it's easier just to have one version that works with any custom rom & another that works with any stock rom.

Updated amss.mbn - which seems to make no noticeable difference & the new stock rom compatible version are the only updates anyway, so if you're already on 140mb, happy with it & don't want to install a larger rom, then there is no reason to change.

Yes, I know all this, but I know that the ROM I use does fit. Could you make some hidden or in small letters link for people who do understand it?

And I'd like to try the new amss.mbn update (can I just use it and all other files from older Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v7b.zip?), because my daughter complains that sometimes she is unreachable where she should be.

Yeah, just copy the amss.mbn from v8 into the 140mb v7 & you have a 140mb v8. It's unlikely you'll notice any difference though, it doesn't magically make the signal better. It's just a more recent file, from the 7th July Hungarian Telenor 2.2.2 update, rather than one from the Portuguese Sapo 2.2 update in v7.

Guest Droid 007

I updated my OSF with the following:

Ginger Stir Fry B9 Gen1 Upgrade TPT

Download: gsf-blade-b9-tpt.zip

Download size: 101.03mb

MD5: 60a541641bf1062414c799c8e3345dbc

I installed AllCallRecorder, but it tells me the phone does not support recording other party voice. Reading web sites, it seems I need to get another ROM. What should I do now that I have Gen 2 with Android 2.3?

Guest Ray-man

You'd be better off with the latest CM7 nightly anyway, it's more up to date, get the Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v8-custom.zip from the first post, then the latest cm7 nightly from here http://download.cyan...m/?device=blade and the google apps package from here: http://goo-inside.me/gapps extract the tpt zip file to your sdcard & copy the other 2 zip files. Do the TPT first, it'll start up in clockworkmod, use that to flash cm7, then gapps.

This is really wierd! Everything I download on my pc using your links comes up with errors when unzipping but only IMG files. I thought it could be due to using the 'Slow download' option so have now upgraded to 'Premium' but I still get the same problem.

The procedure I'm using is to click on the link in the posting - Download to the pc - Minimise the ModaCo webpage and start Windows Explorer from desktop then Unzip to a test folder on the pc - Get the same error every time.

Now it gets really strange: After getting the error messages, my pc freezes up and reports that the MoDaCo page is not responding even though it was minimised prior to starting Explorer, the pc usually needs to be rebooted to clear the problem. I did a pc scan with Anti-Malware and that came up clear, I also have McAffee running and that's also clear.

I'm beginning to suspect issues with Windows Internet Browser (Version 8 I think).

If anyone knows how to overcome these problems please tell

Thanks.