Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade

Guest wbaw

Guest stoke1863
Good, this new version should work more reliably. It worked fine for me.

I'll post a new gen2 to gen1 tpt later, but you will be able to use any gen1 tpt that includes all the gen1 .mbn files.

so i managed to get into recovery with the new files wiped all data and flashed the new CM7 but the phone seems to be stuck on the android logo now. how long does this normally take?

so i managed to get into recovery with the new files wiped all data and flashed the new CM7 but the phone seems to be stuck on the android logo now. how long does this normally take?

It normally takes a couple of minutes, no longer than 10.

Did you flash the latest nightly 41? The older ones & CM 7.0 aren't Gen2 compatible. If it takes longer than 10 minutes, then pull the battery & boot into clockworkmod with vol- when you power on, then wipe & flash again, make sure it's a gen2 rom.

Edited by wbaw

Guest stoke1863
It normally takes a couple of minutes, no longer than 10.

Did you flash the latest nightly 41? The older ones & CM 7.0 aren't Gen2 compatible. If it takes longer than 10 minutes, then pull the battery & boot into clockworkmod with vol- when you power on, then wipe & flash again, make sure it's a gen2 rom.

latest stable.

the android logo didnt go off so i wiped it all and tried a re flash but it still isnt working.

hopefuully using your gen 2= gen 1 tool will work later

Guest mamboboy

Latest v2 version worked perfectly. Took around 5-10 seconds to update (the screen with the green text), and then it restarted and went straight to Clockwork. Cyanogen installed in a couple of minutes... and all started up fine.

In the words of Elvis, Thank you very much!

Guest iKrautDroid
latest stable.

the android logo didnt go off so i wiped it all and tried a re flash but it still isnt working.

I dont think stable works on gen1.

Try nightly 41.

latest stable.

It works now ... CM7 stable doesn't work on Gen2, you want the latest nightly, nightly 41. Install that with clockwork.

Guest _amano

That means that a "perfect" CM7 via TPT would be possible:

-automatically upgrades the handy to GEN 2

-N39 (without the GPS crash)

-made GEN 2 compatible from the beginning

-manually exchanged libaudio.so from N40+ (for the SIP routing bug and the muting bug)

-added gapps to the tpt image

Guest stoke1863
It works now ... CM7 stable doesn't work on Gen2, you want the latest nightly, nightly 41. Install that with clockwork.

brilliant all up and running now it seems. using n42. are there some bugs in this becuase i hear people talk about gps issues

Guest iKrautDroid
brilliant all up and running now it seems. using n42. are there some bugs in this becuase i hear people talk about gps issues

Hows the accelerometer on n42?

Still laging?

Guest stoke1863
Hows the accelerometer on n42?

Still laging?

i spoke too soon as my touch screen doesnt work now

what is the latest nightly that that works well with gen2?

Guest sm4tik
i spoke too soon as my touch screen doesnt work now

what is the latest nightly that that works well with gen2?

You might wan't to try the CM7 universal converter from kallt_kaffe for now. This includes a fix for touchscreen issues, that hasn't made it's way upstream yet.

edit: Just to clarify.. you don't need to convert back or anything, the CM7 universal converter will just replace the original gen2 kernel with another gen2 one that will hopefully fix your issue!

Edited by sm4tik

Guest stoke1863
You might wan't to try the CM7 universal converter from kallt_kaffe for now. This includes a fix for touchscreen issues, that hasn't made it's way upstream yet.

edit: Just to clarify.. you don't need to convert back or anything, the CM7 universal converter will just replace the original gen2 kernel with another gen2 one that will hopefully fix your issue!

that worked great thanks

Guest Bubba21

I've updated to Gen 2 using version 1 of the upgrade. Everything works fine except that, instead of the green android at the start of bootup I get some ugly, corrupted graphic at the bottom of the screen. Is there any easy way to get the little green guy back?

I've updated to Gen 2 using version 1 of the upgrade. Everything works fine except that, instead of the green android at the start of bootup I get some ugly, corrupted graphic at the bottom of the screen. Is there any easy way to get the little green guy back?

Use version 2, it fixes that issue, or flash a new splash image, there's a guide in the themes forum.

Edited by wbaw

How is the partitioning on the v2 image, I assume 136 mb for system and GAPPS, 2mb for Cache, and the rest is data, right?

That's right, just over 300mb left for data.

Guest stoke1863

when will the gen 2 back to gen 1 link be back? i cant get any of the CM roms to work properly. My touch screen just doesnt respond

Edited by stoke1863

Guest Bubba21
Use version 2, it fixes that issue, or flash a new splash image, there's a guide in the themes forum.

Used your guide from the themes forum. All fixed now. Thanks!

Guest Rotmann

Can't explain how people had problems with version 1 of the TPT upgrade, it worked for me. Oh well, version 2 is even better :)

@stoke1863, flash kallt_kaffe's converter right after you flash N42, you have one of the new blades with the unresponsive screens.

when will the gen 2 back to gen 1 link be back? i cant get any of the CM roms to work properly. My touch screen just doesnt respond

I thought the CM7 gan1/gen2 converter fixed that issue? A fix should be in CM7 soon, in the next few days, maybe tomorrow in the next nightly (we can hope). The latest Swedish Spring rom should contain that fix & should work on your phone whether it's Gen2 or Gen1.

I'll post a Gen2 to Gen1 TPT in about 2 hours, but if you cant wait you can use this hungarian stock rom - http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-to-512mb-gen1/ - You'll then need to flash clockwork & a new rom. I'm just going to make a version of that which will boot straight into clockwork, rather than the hungarian rom.

Edited by wbaw

Can't explain how people had problems with version 1 of the TPT upgrade, it worked for me. Oh well, version 2 is even better :)

I think it was the missing splash.img more than anything, but maybe the missing mbn files & lack of blank system.img & userdata.img had something to do with it too. Version 2 should work reliably anyway.

Also using HCDRJacob's Gen2 ClockworkMod now, due to complaints about amon-ra, hopefully everyone can be happy with that.

Edited by wbaw

Guest stoke1863
I thought the CM7 gan1/gen2 converter fixed that issue? A fix should be in CM7 soon, in the next few days, maybe tomorrow in the next nightly (we can hope). The latest Swedish Spring rom should contain that fix & should work on your phone whether it's Gen2 or Gen1.

I'll post a Gen2 to Gen1 TPT in about 2 hours, but if you cant wait you can use this hungarian stock rom - http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-to-512mb-gen1/ - You'll then need to flash clockwork & a new rom. I'm just going to make a version of that which will boot straight into clockwork, rather than the hungarian rom.

it did work for 10 minutes and then it stopped again.

just installed sweedish rom and thats the same! so i go back to gen 1 and if its still the same then i guess the screen is broken :)

Edited by stoke1863

it did work for 10 minutes and then it stopped again.

just installed sweedish rom and rthats the same! so i go back to gen 1 and its still the same then i guess the screen is broken :)

I guess so :)

If it was a software issue then it wouldn't work at all from start up, some of the latest phones need an updated driver.

The touch screen failing is also a common hardware fault on these phones, revert back to your stock rom & get a replacement from whoever you bought it from. Squeezing the top corner, or removing the back cover might provide a temporary fix, but if it does, then it's certainly a hardware fault & it will only get worse.

Edited by wbaw

Guest stoke1863
I guess so :)

If it was a software issue then it wouldn't work from start up, some of the latest phones need an updated driver.

The touch screen failing is also a common hardware fault, revert back to your stock rom & get a replacement from whoever you bought it from.

its very strange from the moment i installed CM the screen didnt work. I then used that converter and it worked again but thenstopped after 10 minutes.

Whats the ebst method to get back to stock with this then as its now gen 2?

alsi got the phone back in September so i doubt i will even get an exchange

its very strange from the moment i installed CM the screen didnt work. I then used that converter and it worked again but thenstopped after 10 minutes.

Whats the ebst method to get back to stock with this then as its now gen 2?

alsi got the phone back in September so i doubt i will even get an exchange

Best way is wait for my Gen1 TPT then flash that & install your stock rom, either from the nandroid backup you made before you installed your first rom, or from seb's stock rom thread. If you bought an Orange UK San Francisco last September, it's probably the B05 version.

If you bought it from Orange, then it has a 2 year warranty, dial 450 from an Orange PayG phone, or 07973 100 450 from another phone & they'll send a courier with a replacement the next day.