Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade

Guest wbaw

Guest wuxipaopao

It is for European Gen1 ZTE Blades, Orange San Franciscos, Sapo A5s & Base Luteas sold with Android 2.1 Eclair only. None of the downloads on this page will work if your phone was sold with or operator upgraded to Android 2.2 Froyo. In that case, you already have the upgraded radio firmware. This is a safer alternative to the operator 2.2 upgrades which keeps some of the good features of Gen1 (like fastboot mode, tpt mode & extra storage space), but upgrades everything necessary to run Gen2 Android 2.2 Froyo & Android 2.3 Gingerbread roms.

Thank you for your work, it's great!

But I have flash my Orange San Francisco to 2.2 Froyo with a custom rom, and Pigfish says I have a Gen1 model, can I use this method to transfer it to Gen2?

If I can't use this method, is there any other way that I can flash a Gen2 rom, like Blade Mix, to my blade?

Guest Amphoras

Thank you for your work, it's great!

But I have flash my Orange San Francisco to 2.2 Froyo with a custom rom, and Pigfish says I have a Gen1 model, can I use this method to transfer it to Gen2?

If I can't use this method, is there any other way that I can flash a Gen2 rom, like Blade Mix, to my blade?

If Mr Pigfish is saying your phone is Gen 1, then this method should work.

Guest wuxipaopao

If Mr Pigfish is saying your phone is Gen 1, then this method should work.

Thank you for your answer and for your app TPT Helper, I've used it to upgrade my blade to Gen2, and I'm enjoying Blade Mix now :-)

Guest joaocorreia

Hi,

I used the Ginger Stir Fry Beta 24 Gen1 to Gen2 Upgrade TPT to convert my phone to GEN2, but now I have the official 2.2 upgrade and I would like to try it.

Do I need to go back to the official 2.1 stock rom?

If I need how do I install it? Maybe I should use Gen2-to-Gen1-TPT-v2-stock.zip, but how?

Sorry for the basic questions ; )

Guest sabio_proeliat

Hi,

trying to install CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1 using the "CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1 Gen1 to Gen2 Upgrade TPT method". Exctracting to sd-card, checked the m5 sum but it doesn seem to convert to gen2. When booting the only thing I see is the android logo and the text "android" (but upside down) and then it boots to clockworkdmod. You know what im doing wrong?

Thanks!

Hi,

trying to install CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1 using the "CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1 Gen1 to Gen2 Upgrade TPT method". Exctracting to sd-card, checked the m5 sum but it doesn seem to convert to gen2. When booting the only thing I see is the android logo and the text "android" (but upside down) and then it boots to clockworkdmod. You know what im doing wrong?

Thanks!

You're pressing vol- when starting the phone instead of vol+ and menu?

Guest sabio_proeliat

You're pressing vol- when starting the phone instead of vol+ and menu?

Wops. Might be the case, I've just installed a gen1 Rom so I'll keep that in a mind for the next time. Sorry about a noobie mistake but thanks for the reply :-)

Hi, I'm lost a bit

I have a gen1 version, did the TPT update to GSFbeta26, but the proximity sensor doesn't work well.

So I would like to reïnstall...

How do I have to whipe?

Can I do TPT again, or have I to "normal" install?

thx for help!!

Guest calculate

Hello,

I installed cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-TPT.zip and all is working.

But if I try to upgrade with an actual nightly build (N179) or cm-7.1.0.3 the camera won't work.

Then I've tried to install first only TPT V9 (V8 too) and after this Nightly 179 or RC1,

but then camera isnt't working, too.

Is there any explanation?

ciao. calculate

Guest razialita

right i've been trying to upgrade my osf from gen 1 to gen 2 but no luck.

I've formatted my SD card and placed the image file of the CM7 with Gen2 update at the root. Turned the phone off and tried menu + vol up + switch on, I can only get the green android and is stuck there forever.

I don't know what i've done wrong. Any help will be appreciated.

right i've been trying to upgrade my osf from gen 1 to gen 2 but no luck.

I've formatted my SD card and placed the image file of the CM7 with Gen2 update at the root. Turned the phone off and tried menu + vol up + switch on, I can only get the green android and is stuck there forever.

I don't know what i've done wrong. Any help will be appreciated.

You could try the TPT Helper app. Edited by De@n

Guest razialita

You could try the TPT Helper app.

tried using that. there's an option to "Start TPT", which simply closes the Helper app. Power off and then press vol + or with menu will cause it to freeze at the green android bot.

Should I flash the stock ROM and try again? I'm out of ideas.

Guest razialita

You could try the TPT Helper app.

tried using that. there's an option to "Start TPT", which simply closes the Helper app. Power off and then press vol + or with menu will cause it to freeze at the green android bot.

Guest Amphoras

There should be 2 options about starting the TPT. One just tells you to turn off and turn back on holding vol+/menu and vol+. The other will reboot the phone straight into the TPT if you're using certain ROMs. If you aren't using a ROM it works with, it should tell you this. Have you tried both buttons, and what rom are you using currently?

You could also try using a different SD card if you have another. Some SD cards don't seem to work very well with the TPTs, no idea why.

Guest razialita

There should be 2 options about starting the TPT. One just tells you to turn off and turn back on holding vol+/menu and vol+. The other will reboot the phone straight into the TPT if you're using certain ROMs. If you aren't using a ROM it works with, it should tell you this. Have you tried both buttons, and what rom are you using currently?

You could also try using a different SD card if you have another. Some SD cards don't seem to work very well with the TPTs, no idea why.

I have both options available, for the reboot straight option "Start TPT", it just quits the application and arrives at the home screen. Using vol+/ men + vol + doesn't work, it will make me blade stuck at the green android logo. Rom I'm using is Swedish Spring RLS5.

I'll try flashing another rom and see if it works.

Guest Amphoras

I have both options available, for the reboot straight option "Start TPT", it just quits the application and arrives at the home screen. Using vol+/ men + vol + doesn't work, it will make me blade stuck at the green android logo. Rom I'm using is Swedish Spring RLS5.

I'll try flashing another rom and see if it works.

Just tested it on Swedish Spring there, and its working for me. If it doesn't work using another rom, have you tried with a different sdcard?

Guest razialita

Just tested it on Swedish Spring there, and its working for me. If it doesn't work using another rom, have you tried with a different sdcard?

Works finally! Turns out I have to change SD card and flash another rom too.

Amazing software haha

Hi all all new to this but decided to install the following

gingerbread stir fry beta 26 gen1 to gen2 upgrade TPT

everything worked fine until i tried to call somebody then the screen went blank and all buttons were unresponsive i had to take the battery out to restart.

i then decided to go the usual route and installed clockwork mounted the sd card downloaded the rom onto it done a wipe clockwork goes through the process states it has installed rebooted and i just get the green man for ages ie I've left it for over 1 hour with each rom (i've tried four or five now)

please help i think I've bricked my phone

Edited by dqu58t

Guest eirlysbill1

Hi,

I haven't seen this answered anywhere, but is GEN2 usable in the USA. I'm sure I read something about 6 months ago on this forum, that it's not. That only GEN 1 works in the states. Has this been fixed, or is it a non-issue? I'm thinking of moving to one of the new 2.3 roms, but I believe they,only work on GEN2.

Thanks