Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade

Guest wbaw

Guest ho66es

many thanks indeed, does exactly what it says on the tin, now on nightly 54, and to kace_231 i did not lose imei when going from gen1 to gen2 using this method.

Guest gitly-git

When using second method and pressing power, menu and + button nothing happens but a blank screen. Then after about a minute the phone reboots but into a previous recovery of my current ROM. I have extracted the zip onto the sdcard, so what am I doing wrong?

Edit:

When reading back through post, I realised I had to extract the image file to the SD card thus overwriting the image file already there. Phone now rebooted and restoring data.

Edited by gitly-git

Guest KACE_231
When using second method and pressing power, menu and + button nothing happens but a blank screen. Then after about a minute the phone reboots but into a previous recovery of my current ROM. I have extracted the zip onto the sdcard, so what am I doing wrong?

it might have worked, try reboot the phone and see if you previous ROM loads

can anyone confirm that they havent lost their IMEI code when switching back from GEN2 and GEN1 or from GEN1 to GEN2

This wont affect your IMEI. If you use this TPT Gen2 update then you can safely go back to gen1, I went between Gen1 & Gen2 then back again a few times to test each TPT in the first post.

If you used the Windows software to update, then it's different.

Well thank you, wbaw, very much. Your TPT works like a charm, back and forth. I am now on Gen2 and can enjoy cm7 in all its beauty, since with N55 the GPS and charging bugs are fixed. Great work.

Guest KACE_231

Just did this upgrade, work flawlessly, just a small issue with the partition sizes:

I tried installing the GAPPS using the .zips in this forum (via clockwork), anyway I can only install a maxium of two before the /system runs out of space. I manage to squeeze in GAPPS (library) and the Market app. I managed to download the rest via the app Market, but is this normal?

Guest Fransis.co

Presumably, Rom-Rolling through the G2 nightlies, is just a matter of replacing the CM7.zip in the SD Card root, and use the existing Image file ?

No need to download a new Image file each time ?

Guest manji

Just used this method to update to Gen 2 and use CM7.0.2, everything worked fine.

Just a questions, I ended up with Clockworkdmod 3.0.2.4, instead of 3.0.1.4 that wbaw mentioned above.

Thank you

Edited by manji

Guest digital0

gen1 - 42mb cache 207mb system 208mb data = 457

gen2 - 2mb cache, 136 mb system, 302mb data. 0 oem = 440

Where are 16-17 MB gone in gen2?

Guest Android.Fan

I'm following the first procedure (Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v2.zip). I extracted the Image folder and put it at the root of SD card. started up with volume up + menu + power on. It still at the same green android man for more than 5 mins. I'm worrying now. The guide says it should take 1-2 mins. Should I take the battery out now?

Guest Damion_Nash

Been trying to do this all day on my wifes French Blade. Power on holding MENU & Vol+ all it does is sit there with a blue screen saying ZTE-BLADE presumably in bootloader.

Any ideas?

I even flashed Clockwork 3.0.2.4

Thanks in advance.

Guest zorvalth

I think bricked my phone. I was following the second method on OLED San Francisco GEN1 phone. I powered on with vol+ and menu holded ant it wstarted installing the files which were unziped from the file. after that the screen went off and the red led on the back button os on, it stayed like that more than 20 minutes. after that i removed the battery because the phone wasnt reacting on any button. Now when i power it just stays with black screen and red led on...

Can anybody help?

Thanks!

Guest hecatae
I'm following the first procedure (Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v2.zip). I extracted the Image folder and put it at the root of SD card. started up with volume up + menu + power on. It still at the same green android man for more than 5 mins. I'm worrying now. The guide says it should take 1-2 mins. Should I take the battery out now?

you are in Fastboot mode, is the image folder located /sdcard/image/ ?

Yes, remove the battery and put it back. Then hold Menu and Vol plus and press & hold power. Hold all three buttons till you see green writing, something about T-Flash. Then release all buttons. It should last about two minutes and reboot either in Clockwork or CM7 N42, depending on what TPT package you chose.

Guest Android.Fan
you are in Fastboot mode, is the image folder located /sdcard/image/ ?

I think so because I copied the image folder to sd card root by mounting sd card in my windows 7. I don't see any green writing. I think I need to hold these three buttons not just release them when I see green android man. Am I right?

Guest hecatae
I think so because I copied the image folder to sd card root by mounting sd card in my windows 7. I don't see any green writing. I think I need to hold these three buttons not just release them when I see green android man. Am I right?

hold them, i can get TPT working by just holding volume up and the power button, others also need to hold menu to make it work

Guest Android.Fan

I don't know what is wrong with my phone. I held these three button for one minute and I don't see any writing on the screen. The screen is always staying at green android man. But thank God my old recovery image and boot image is still there. I think I just have to wait for latest converter.

Guest zorvalth
I think bricked my phone. I was following the second method on OLED San Francisco GEN1 phone. I powered on with vol+ and menu holded ant it wstarted installing the files which were unziped from the file. after that the screen went off and the red led on the back button os on, it stayed like that more than 20 minutes. after that i removed the battery because the phone wasnt reacting on any button. Now when i power it just stays with black screen and red led on...

Can anybody help?

Thanks!

I fixed it. It didnt respond on menu and vol+ power on but i downloaded on the sd card the first method file and i powered on with back button hold and start the procedure again and now i'm booting in CM 7.0.2 :)

Guest hecatae
I don't know what is wrong with my phone. I held these three button for one minute and I don't see any writing on the screen. The screen is always staying at green android man. But thank God my old recovery image and boot image is still there. I think I just have to wait for latest converter.

zorvalth has had success with the first set of tpt files, I'd try that one instead, you will have to download cm7.0.2 manually

Guest manji

I've used this method and it works fine.

You just need to put the image folder (not the zip) in the root of the SDCard. Along with a Gen2 ROM, in case you chose to use the first option.

Then shutoff the phone. Press and Hold Menu and Vol+ and power the phone. Don't let go of the buttons until you see some text indicating that it is installing.

Guest Android.Fan
I fixed it. It didnt respond on menu and vol+ power on but i downloaded on the sd card the first method file and i powered on with back button hold and start the procedure again and now i'm booting in CM 7.0.2 :)

Cheers mate. Mine also worked with back button. :)

Guest Tahsin

Oh also by doing a nandroid back up does it mean that you can revert back to your old Gen 1 Tom if anything messes up or something. Hmm?

Edited by Tahsin