Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade

Guest wbaw

Guest targetbsp

It DOES. I used a Gen2 blade in the states. Thanks to the blade I had a phone, as the other 2 phones I had were tri-band only. A friend had a gen1=>gen2 phone and he also managed to use it in the states.

The states uses one of the 3 bands in tri-band phones though for urban areas...

Others that have tested the specific quad band frequency (used in rural areas) say it's a no go?

I have one question.

I today upgrade from v4 to v9 because my system space using CM7 is almost full. On v4 green logo when booting phone is small android, on v9 is bigger android in white border. Is there any way to have smaller green android logo from v4?

Guest Amphoras

I have one question.

I today upgrade from v4 to v9 because my system space using CM7 is almost full. On v4 green logo when booting phone is small android, on v9 is bigger android in white border. Is there any way to have smaller green android logo from v4?

You can either replace the v9 splash.img file with the one from v4 and redo the TPT, or if you haven't done the TPT yet, just delete the splash.img file before you start the TPT and it won't change it.

Alternatively, you can copy the splash.img file from v4 to the root of your sdcard and use the terminal emulator app and enter these commands:

su

cd /sdcard

/system/bin/flash_image splash splash.img

Guest snowbord

The states uses one of the 3 bands in tri-band phones though for urban areas...

Others that have tested the specific quad band frequency (used in rural areas) say it's a no go?

Well it worked all over California, where no other phone I had worked. Data was Edge only though.

You can either replace the v9 splash.img file with the one from v4 and redo the TPT, or if you haven't done the TPT yet, just delete the splash.img file before you start the TPT and it won't change it.

Alternatively, you can copy the splash.img file from v4 to the root of your sdcard and use the terminal emulator app and enter these commands:

su

cd /sdcard

/system/bin/flash_image splash splash.img

Thanks

I flashed v9. Before flash new nigjtly I will try metod with terminal emulator.

Edit:

I have my smolest android logo :)

Edited by Simono

Guest XpressAndy

Guys I had previously updated my blade from Gen1 to Gen2 (140 mb system). For CM7 I wanted 160 mb system partition, so I used this v9 tpt image.

But now my phone is not getting past big green Android Logo. I cannot even enter recovery mode :(

What could be the solution? thanks

Guest Amphoras

Guys I had previously updated my blade from Gen1 to Gen2 (140 mb system). For CM7 I wanted 160 mb system partition, so I used this v9 tpt image.

But now my phone is not getting past big green Android Logo. I cannot even enter recovery mode :(

What could be the solution? thanks

Try reflashing the TPT, make sure you check the md5sums. If it still doesn't work, try a different TPT and see if that works.

Guest XpressAndy

Try reflashing the TPT, make sure you check the md5sums. If it still doesn't work, try a different TPT and see if that works.

I tried other images they all stuck on green android :(

Is there any other way out?

Guest Amphoras

I tried other images they all stuck on green android :(

Is there any other way out?

Did the green text come up or did it just go straight to the android?

You could also try another sdcard and see if that helps.

Guest XpressAndy

Did the green text come up or did it just go straight to the android?

You could also try another sdcard and see if that helps.

Yep the green text came up with 100% next to them... Tried other sd card also. Just cant get past the green android man :(

Guest Amphoras

Yep the green text came up with 100% next to them... Tried other sd card also. Just cant get past the green android man :(

Try and see if you can recognise the phone from your computer. If you can get it in fastboot mode you should be able to try and flash Clockwork from there.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Not a good idea to install a v9 TPT on a blade...

If you cant fix it with a blade TPT you'll need the dodgy flasher I think: http://android.modaco.com/category/488/zte-blade-roms-rom-customisation/

good luck

Guest XpressAndy

Got fade up, went and bought a Galaxy SII today... wanted to wait for Nexus... but wasn't sure when it would be available in India... Blade was a great phone. My first android device! :)

Edited by XpressAndy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest VoodooRload

I have a problem, on my blade i have used Gen1 to Gen2 TPT, but now i need to flash a Gen 1 rom (stock).

I have tried to use the Gen2 to Gen1 TPT, all seems to run alright....after the tpt, the phone boot to recovery, and if i try to flash a gen1 rom it bootloops, and if i try to flash a gen2 rom it runs well and ''mr pigfish'' says i have Gen2!

A make this steps twice and i can't get back to Gen1.

Thanks for your help and sorry my bad english!

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I have a problem, on my blade i have used Gen1 to Gen2 TPT, but now i need to flash a Gen 1 rom (stock).

I have tried to use the Gen2 to Gen1 TPT, all seems to run alright....after the tpt, the phone boot to recovery, and if i try to flash a gen1 rom it bootloops, and if i try to flash a gen2 rom it runs well and ''mr pigfish'' says i have Gen2!

A make this steps twice and i can't get back to Gen1.

Thanks for your help and sorry my bad english!

make sure you have followed the instructions correctly. the .mbn files should be in a directory called image in the root of your sd card, you shoult turn on your phone wiht menu and volume + held, and you should see green text on the screen.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to install the all-in-one cm7.1 version (found on xda forums) but I'm stuck at the android logo after I turn the phone on while pressing menu & vol+ . there is no green text.

Guest Ray-man

Hi All,

I used wbaw's GEN1 to GEN2 upgrade on my san franisco earlier this year and it worked very well. Now I would like to upgrade again to the 160mb rom partition and the stable release of CM7.1 - My question is, do I need to restore to GEN1 before using wbaw's v9 All-in-One GEN1 to GEN2 upgrade? Thanks.

Hi All,I used wbaw's GEN1 to GEN2 upgrade on my san franisco earlier this year and it worked very well. Now I would like to upgrade again to the 160mb rom partition and the stable release of CM7.1 - My question is, do I need to restore to GEN1 before using wbaw's v9 All-in-One GEN1 to GEN2 upgrade? Thanks.

No.

Guest orangesanfrancisco

I am having problems downgrading back to Gen 1, I have two ZTE Blades, one is a bit beaten so using as a test model, I have upgraded it to Gen 2 with this method, however it says that to downgrade to Gen 1 you do the same, I have downloaded the files and copied them into a folder on the sdcard called image, yet when I turn the phone on with the menu and volume up botton i get the green writing it says it is succesfful then restarts, but I get a massive android logo with the top cut of it and it fails to boot so goes into recovery mode, is there any way to get it to downgrade to Gen 1 again?

Guest hecatae
I am having problems downgrading back to Gen 1, I have two ZTE Blades, one is a bit beaten so using as a test model, I have upgraded it to Gen 2 with this method, however it says that to downgrade to Gen 1 you do the same, I have downloaded the files and copied them into a folder on the sdcard called image, yet when I turn the phone on with the menu and volume up botton i get the green writing it says it is succesfful then restarts, but I get a massive android logo with the top cut of it and it fails to boot so goes into recovery mode, is there any way to get it to downgrade to Gen 1 again?

Use any gen1 tpt. I've provided a full ouk b20 gen1 tpt on another thread. It flashes every part of your device to stock

Guest orangesanfrancisco

I have two Blades, one is slightly battered so rather than selling it I am using it as a test, I used the files about to convert it to Gen 2 however when using the Gen 1 files to convert it back to Gen 1, but it doesn't work, I put the Gen 1 files into a folder called 'image' on the SDCard, I turn on the phone with the menu & volume up button pressed down the green writing appears and at end it says successful, however when rebooted the large android logo appears but the top of it is completely cut off and not there and it boots not in to clockwork recovery but into some other recovery tool. Would really appreciate any help.

Guest geegeethatsme

I have two Blades, one is slightly battered so rather than selling it I am using it as a test, I used the files about to convert it to Gen 2 however when using the Gen 1 files to convert it back to Gen 1, but it doesn't work, I put the Gen 1 files into a folder called 'image' on the SDCard, I turn on the phone with the menu & volume up button pressed down the green writing appears and at end it says successful, however when rebooted the large android logo appears but the top of it is completely cut off and not there and it boots not in to clockwork recovery but into some other recovery tool. Would really appreciate any help.

From recollection, shouldn't the unzipped image file not folder be in the root of your sd card before you reboot?

I stress, recollection. Long time since I did a TPT transfer.

Edited by geegeethatsme