Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade

Guest wbaw

Guest dibbles
Yes, it will be updated to CM 7.0.2 & CWM 3.0.2.7 this evening, also with an added 15mb space on data.

jtc: This is the best partition layout, the Gen2 stock one sucks, you only get half the room for data & there's no possible benefit from using it. If you don't want to break your phone, then I suggest you leave all the mbn files as they are & follow the instructions.

You have done a great job explaining why a 2mb cache is good for a GEN 2 layout.

Do you think that the 136mb is enough for any future CM7 or SS ROM's, rather than 140mb...?

As I have now just successfully converted from the Windows flashed GEN 2 method back to a GEN 1 phone (and restored my IMEI) I will await your next version to use - the extra 15mb seems too good to be true.!

You have done a great job explaining why a 2mb cache is good for a GEN 2 layout.

Do you think that the 136mb is enough for any future CM7 or SS ROM's, rather than 140mb...?

As I have now just successfully converted from the Windows flashed GEN 2 method back to a GEN 1 phone (and restored my IMEI) I will await your next version to use - the extra 15mb seems too good to be true.!

My attempt at getting the 15mb back failed, but it looks like curl66 succeeded and he's got there before me, I'm still downloading it to test myself, to see if he got the same problem as I did.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...r-easy-install/

If his partition layout works properly, then I'll use that. The only thing that looks like it's missing from his version is the updated clockworkmod.

Guest dibbles
My attempt at getting the 15mb back failed, but it looks like curl66 succeeded and he's got there before me, I'm still downloading it to test myself, to see if he got the same problem as I did.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...r-easy-install/

If his partition layout works properly, then I'll use that. The only thing that looks like it's missing from his version is the updated clockworkmod.

...ah I see as he writes....

Partitioning: 2 Mb Cache (not needed by CM7), 140 MB system (10MB free, gapps included) , 314 MB Data

please report back on your thoughts :)

Guest dibbles
I'm still downloading it, megaupload is very slow :)

I have downloaded it and it is now on my SD card :)

How slow is it for you and do you want me to "multi-upload" it..?

Edited by dibbles

He didn't edit the partitions at all, they're exactly the same 136mb system & 302mb data, he just got them wrong in his post :)

Took ages to download for nothing :(

How slow is it for you and do you want me to "multi-upload" it..?

I've got it now & realised that his post is wrong, he hasn't edited the partitions at all, so it was a waste of time.

I'll upload my version with CWM 3.0.2.7 & CM 7.0.2 soon

Guest dibbles
He didn't edit the partitions at all, they're exactly the same 136mb system & 302mb data, he just got them wrong in his post :)

Took ages to download for nothing :(

sigh - no point in me multi-uploading it then

ooo- just seen that you intend to upload your soon.

I will wait :)

Edited by dibbles

sigh - no point in me multi-uploading it then

ooo- just seen that you intend to upload your soon.

I will wait :)

It's still going to be the same partition sizes. I tried to get the 15mb back & failed because the splash screen (green android at start) doesn't load. I think the only difference between my version & curl66's is that I updated ClockworkMod.

Upload to mediafire is 60% complete, I have slow internet. I'll put it on multiupload afterwards.

Guest asm19
Just uploaded the CM 7.0.2 TPT ... see the first post.

I installed the Gen1-Gen2-to-TPT-v2.zip but can not install the ROM update-cm-7.0.2-Blade-signed.zip with some modifications (added more apks root and changed the model Blade for Sapo a5 no build.prop). The ROM installs but can not boot, is in bootloader mode. Anyone know how to solve?

Thanks

Edited by asm19

Guest dibbles
Just uploaded the CM 7.0.2 TPT ... see the first post.

Can't afford much, sorry, but I have made a small donation to your work :)

Thanks

I installed the Gen1-Gen2-to-TPT-v2.zip but can not install the ROM update-cm-7.0.2-Blade-signed.zip with some modifications (added more apks root and changed the model Blade for Sapo a5 no build.prop). The ROM installs but can not boot, is in bootloader mode. Anyone know how to solve?

Thanks

Don't add the extra apks.

Guest paulocostavct

wbaw thanks.

I couldn't change my blade to Gen2 because my pc is broken and im out of money to buy a new one. But then i saw this thread and then i tried and voilá. Simple and quick. Althoug in my first boot after flashing i waited 10 min and nothing but took the batery out and he reebooted normally.

Thanks again.

Guest Zythus

Guys, I need help! I downloaded that rar package, unziped folder "image" to "download" folder on my phone. I shall put "image" folder on my sd card? Or that whole RAR pack?

Next I pressed "Menu" button and "Vol +". Then, pressing those 2 I pressed power. There green man showed. After 30 seconds, I released buttons and waited. Just 10 minutes past, and still green man is here.

I dont know if that "download"folder is on my internal memory or on sd card :/.

I've put out battery out, and started cwm. Did like normal install of ROM, and after reboot green man is disappearing, and appearing. Wtf

Edited by Zythus

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Guys, I need help! I downloaded that rar package, unziped folder "image" to "download" folder on my phone. I shall put "image" folder on my sd card? Or that whole RAR pack?

Exactly, you need the image folder on your sdcard, just unzip and preserve the directory structure !

Guest Zythus

Seems I messed it all up, fastboot need lol.\

Guys I know there are instructions how to do fastboot, but I can't find it, can anyone help? ;/

I have only those from sebs post, but that.. do not show everything at all..

SHall I get img, or update signed?...

i think my phone is still gen1 lol

Edited by Zythus

Guest chlyug

Vol + and power just starts the phone as usual (have put the image folder on the sdcard), boots cm7.0.0 as it is now. Vol - and power works and gets me to clockwork.

Do i need to flash another recovery or anything first?

Vol + and power just starts the phone as usual (have put the image folder on the sdcard), boots cm7.0.0 as it is now. Vol - and power works and gets me to clockwork.

Do i need to flash another recovery or anything first?

The correct combo is Power+Menu+VolUp, all pressed at the same time.

Seems I messed it all up, fastboot need lol.\

Guys I know there are instructions how to do fastboot, but I can't find it, can anyone help? ;/

I have only those from sebs post, but that.. do not show everything at all..

SHall I get img, or update signed?...

i think my phone is still gen1 lol

When you are still Gen1, why not just retry the TPT with the correct SDcard layout,

i.e. the image folder ?

Guest Zythus

My phone dont want to boot normally, stucking on green droid...

And seems I cant just plug in it, and put that TPT to sdcard

Ok here is what I did: downloaded that TPT, unzipped - removed "image" folder to "download" folder on my phone, rebooted, tried to boot with Power + Menu + Vol + - but it stucked on green droid, removed battery, went to clockowork, tried to install rom, stucked on green droid after boot.

Now I think I need fastboot, but need instructions which one shall I use etc.

Which Img I shall download for fastboot? ANd what next - install a ROM?

Edited by Zythus

Guest iKrautDroid
My phone dont want to boot normally, stucking on green droid...

And seems I cant just plug in it, and put that TPT to sdcard

Ok here is what I did: downloaded that TPT, unzipped - removed "image" folder to "download" folder on my phone, rebooted, tried to boot with Power + Menu + Vol + - but it stucked on green droid, removed battery, went to clockowork, tried to install rom, stucked on green droid after boot.

Now I think I need fastboot, but need instructions which one shall I use etc.

Which Img I shall download for fastboot? ANd what next - install a ROM?

Dont hold the menu button...

Guest Zythus

? What do u mean?

If I press Power and Vol + its stucking on green droid ready to fastboot - but which img shall I install by it? And what next?

Edited by Zythus