[GEN1&GEN2][ROM]CM 7.0.2stable + Nxx TPT Image for easy Install

Guest curl66

Guest clayts450
if mr. pigfish tells you you are GEN2 apply the latest nightly

no need to go back.

but may be a full wipe will solve the problem

That's just the problem - I cannot get into Clockwork either through ROM manager or through the normal boot up routine. Should I try wiping from ROM manager ?

Guest curl66
That's just the problem - I cannot get into Clockwork either through ROM manager or through the normal boot up routine. Should I try wiping from ROM manager ?

you updated clockwork with rommanager ?

else try this:

format Sd-Card, put TPT image folder to sd-card. choose one of wbaw post so you have a newer version.

put out sim

run TPT.

now it should work.

put newest nighlty on sd-card and try to get into clockwork.

try it with reboot phone -> recovery.

Guest secretspartan

thanks for this, my phone looks so awesome its unreal xD

coming from someone who didn't even know what a custom rom was a few months ago i've gone from 2.1 to 2.2 and now to 2.3 and all it took was following some simple easy to understand steps.

such an awesome forum full of talented and great people :)

Edited by secretspartan

Guest laero

Chiming in to confirm that this method works. I successfully upgraded a gen1 zte blade bought in sweden. Phone was rooted and cm7 was installed, used tpt to turn phone into a gen2.

Guest warren_bos

Just to let you know that CM7.0.3 works fine apart from the bluetooth with my car, it pairs and connects and then disconnects. Because of this have had to back to a different ROM.

Guest wbaw

I made some updated TPTs...

Ginger Stir Fry B9 Gen1 Upgrade TPT

Download: gsf-blade-b9-tpt.zip mirror mirror

Download size: 101.03mb

MD5: 60a541641bf1062414c799c8e3345dbc

Ginger Stir Fry B9 Gen1 Upgrade TPT with ZTE Apps, Dialler & Keyboard

Download: gsf-blade-b9-zteapps-tpt.zip mirror mirror

Download size: 105.97mb

MD5: a5765b0aa9da0068abe5437caf8c729b

CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1

Download: cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-TPT.zip mirror mirror

Download size: 104.48mb

MD5: 4e7a35b4485bf0296ba57c1f4730c4e3

Guest Jolsa

Updated my GEN1, FLB-Froyo 2.2 to CM 7.0.3 TPT yesterday, thanks wbaw and curl66 for making the process easy to do and understand.

Only problem I've found is that the camera shoots at 1x magnification even if you've zoomed in, and the camera isn't recording the images to the phone when I use it from within Sports Tracker app (but this problem was also there before I updated).

I'm assuming that the nightlys (none of which I've installed as yet) potentially sort this however?

Guest my-planet

A bit of help if I may? (apologies if it's been asked before, the search on this forum is not easy to use).

I installed 7.0.3 stable via TPT - which worked fine, and I then updated to the latest nightly (which didn't work fine). After that, android came back with bit's missing. I could not, for example, open the market (it just closed straight away - no errors). Upon checking my google account settings under settings -> accounts, my google account had disappeared and I had options to add an account, but no option to add a google account.

Any tips/pointers - much appreciated. Thanks.

Guest Jolsa
A bit of help if I may? (apologies if it's been asked before, the search on this forum is not easy to use).

I installed 7.0.3 stable via TPT - which worked fine, and I then updated to the latest nightly (which didn't work fine). After that, android came back with bit's missing. I could not, for example, open the market (it just closed straight away - no errors). Upon checking my google account settings under settings -> accounts, my google account had disappeared and I had options to add an account, but no option to add a google account.

This appears on the wiki incase it's of any help?

"Flashed CM7 and no Market or Google apps?- Don't worry, you need to install the Gapps zip. Sign into your account on the First Time Setup screen and Market will activate"

http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/ZTE_Blade_CyanogenMod

Guest daydotz

is their a way to install a custom wifi driver from a stock rom this seems work better for me ?

Edited by daydotz

Guest my-planet
This appears on the wiki incase it's of any help?

"Flashed CM7 and no Market or Google apps?- Don't worry, you need to install the Gapps zip. Sign into your account on the First Time Setup screen and Market will activate"

http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/ZTE_Blade_CyanogenMod

Thanks, I've read similar things to this effect. But I would have thought the ability to sign into a google account is part of the OS and not a seperate 'app'?

Guest curl66
RC 7.1 is installed since yesterday, but I still get problems with bluetooth in the car. Are they apps to fix it ?

nope. you have to be patient and wait for the cyanogenteam to fix it.

Guest curl66
Updated my GEN1, FLB-Froyo 2.2 to CM 7.0.3 TPT yesterday, thanks wbaw and curl66 for making the process easy to do and understand.

Only problem I've found is that the camera shoots at 1x magnification even if you've zoomed in, and the camera isn't recording the images to the phone when I use it from within Sports Tracker app (but this problem was also there before I updated).

I'm assuming that the nightlys (none of which I've installed as yet) potentially sort this however?

nightlies can be broken. so wait for a stable release

Guest curl66

download another nightly and try again.

if this doesnt work make a backup of your apps and do a full wipe.

Guest A_Droid-User

Hi there,

I'm new to Android, but i was trying to upgrade my ZTE Blade to 2.3.4.

However, whilst booting, thats what i think it was doing anyway, it obviously went to the big green android. Now that is all it shows. I have waited for an hour and a half with that. I have tried taking the battery out & replacing it; i have even tried swapping to a different memory card.

All i get is the green android.

Please help!

Guest DWaldie
Hi there,

I'm new to Android, but i was trying to upgrade my ZTE Blade to 2.3.4.

However, whilst booting, thats what i think it was doing anyway, it obviously went to the big green android. Now that is all it shows. I have waited for an hour and a half with that. I have tried taking the battery out & replacing it; i have even tried swapping to a different memory card.

All i get is the green android.

Please help!

Apply either a new TPT install or use clockwork to restore. You did back up, didn't you?

Guest A_Droid-User
Apply either a new TPT install or use clockwork to restore. You did back up, didn't you?

I backed up everything using Titanium, and saved that on my computer.

I can't get Clockwork - literally the only thing is the green android.

I tried re-extracting b12 - there were 2 files which didnt work - boot & something else. Would you recommend trying b11 & unzipping to the phone?

Guest AdrianoPL

Hello again,

I can confirm DHU method. It works on Polish OSFs.

If TPT don't start and you already tried everything else, DFU method is a way to go.

I encountered one small problem thou. I flashed Orange_GEN1, and phone just turned down. Screen was black, no response from any button. Eventually I removed the battery and started phone again. It was booting into clockwork all the time, but when I started it with volup+power it just started TPT (I had 'image' already prepared on SD). Now I am sitting at 7.0.3 Gen2 and I am happy.

If you have any troubles with TPT on polish Blade's and have questions about DFU method, PM me.

Guest AdrianoPL

Hello again,

I can confirm DHU method. It works on Polish OSFs.

If TPT don't start and you already tried everything else, DFU method is a way to go.

I encountered one small problem thou. I flashed Orange_GEN1, and phone just turned down. Screen was black, no response from any button. Eventually I removed the battery and started phone again. It was booting into clockwork all the time, but when I started it with volup+power it just started TPT (I had 'image' already prepared on SD). Now I am sitting at 7.0.3 Gen2 and I am happy.

If you have any troubles with TPT on polish Blade's and have questions about DFU method, PM me.

EDIT:

Uh! Partial success, I just realized that IMEI got broken somewhere on the way. I will have to restore it. I will post when I'll succeed.

Edited by AdrianoPL