[GEN1&GEN2][ROM]CM 7.0.2stable + Nxx TPT Image for easy Install

Guest curl66

Guest hamwic81
have you tried on AppBrain

I've tried portals likes AppBrain and Filehunter but I still get 'file not found', i've had no luck anywhere. It seems like Regina 3D launcher is no longer available unless i'm seriously not looking hard enough. Any help/suggestions would be greatfully recieved.

Guest Pelemane
I've tried portals likes AppBrain and Filehunter but I still get 'file not found', i've had no luck anywhere. It seems like Regina 3D launcher is no longer available unless i'm seriously not looking hard enough. Any help/suggestions would be greatfully recieved.

Newest update borked it so they took it off market. They are working on it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Regina-3D-La...200100660029694

Guest DellXCD35

if i use TPT and apply the CM7 and the nightly builds can i again go back to 2.2, i.e my original ROM.

I am asking this question as i see that partitions are changed if i apply this rom

what about the partitions if i want to downgrade back to 2.2 rom which is very stable on dell xcd35?

if i use TPT and apply the CM7 and the nightly builds can i again go back to 2.2, i.e my original ROM.

I am asking this question as i see that partitions are changed if i apply this rom

what about the partitions if i want to downgrade back to 2.2 rom which is very stable on dell xcd35?

This is for people that bought phones sold with 2.1, it wont work on your phone.

Guest DellXCD35
This is for people that bought phones sold with 2.1, it wont work on your phone.

I too got mine with 2.1 android.

i went to the dell service centre and they upgraded to 2.2.

When i install pigfish it says mine is GEN2 with android 2.2

Can you direct me to most stable 2.3 gingerbread rom that i can install without hassle on my handset.

basically i want to get rid of memory full problem. i cannot install any more applications also my sms get blocked stating that i dont have enough space etc.

i have already moved all possible applications to SD cards via apps2sd application

Guest curl66
I too got mine with 2.1 android.

i went to the dell service centre and they upgraded to 2.2.

When i install pigfish it says mine is GEN2 with android 2.2

Can you direct me to most stable 2.3 gingerbread rom that i can install without hassle on my handset.

basically i want to get rid of memory full problem. i cannot install any more applications also my sms get blocked stating that i dont have enough space etc.

i have already moved all possible applications to SD cards via apps2sd application

since you got an offizial GEN2 upgrade you have to do it the long way.

1) root it

2) install rommanager

3) install clockworkmod with rommanager

4) install CM with rommanager

5) download latest nightly, copy it to SD-card and apply it with rommanager

6) install gapps with rommanager

Guest curl66
Can someone tell me how to add the nightly builds without a full install. All the links seem to be TPT installs.

read the first post. COMPLETLY!!!!!!

Guest Liesse

Just made the leap to Gen 2 using this method and wanted to say thanks to wbaw and curl66 for their time and effort. Much appreciated and very very easy to do.

Edited by Liesse

Guest tangogrl

Hi I am new to all this so please be patient with me ;)

I have upgraded using your instructions and the phone is working nicely apart from one thing - i cannot connect to wifi!!

I can detect networks and it even tries to authenticate after I have put in the right password, however it just disconnects without, making it through.

I have installed the N98 nightly as well in case that might be any issue

Any help?

Guest DWaldie

Just tried the most recent nightly but the phone gets stuck at the green android screen. I can use my backup to get the phone back. Is there another link to the nightly file, and how to I find the checksum of the download?

Guest FaTaL_ErrOr

I TPTed the 104 yesterday. It was fine, till today that i decided to do a wipe battery stats. Now it wont boot and it gets stuck in the boot animation logo :) Is there a way to unbrick this without losing my settings, applications etc ?

Guest DWaldie
I TPTed the 104 yesterday. It was fine, till today that i decided to do a wipe battery stats. Now it wont boot and it gets stuck in the boot animation logo :) Is there a way to unbrick this without losing my settings, applications etc ?

A real novice here, but I've been where you are. Take out the battery and hold Vol - to get into clockwork and restore to an earlier version. I can't get 105 to load either.

Good luck

Guest Phil001

hi,

i am currently on Gen 1, FLB(2.1), wanting to try CM7 and this seems the easiest way.

but... if i want to go back again what would i need to do?

I assume i couldn't just use a nandroid backup from FLB due to the partition sizes, and the fact that i will then be on Gen2.

Can anyone explain in simple terms the easiest way to restore my current FLB nandroid backup after i have updated using this method.

Many thanks for all your effort on this

Phil

Guest ddimi

;) hello

ive got a big problem with this install methood,

1. everything works great

but

2. everytime i accidentaly push the volume up button when starting my phone it installs once again this rom so i loose everything and got a clear fresh installed rom. The update.zip file is gone so i wonder why does this work.

Does anyone know where can i delete the files which are respinsible for the reinstalls? so i get normal startup even if i press the volume up & power button

:) B) :D ;) help

Guest m3g4tr0n
;) hello

ive got a big problem with this install methood,

1. everything works great

but

2. everytime i accidentaly push the volume up button when starting my phone it installs once again this rom so i loose everything and got a clear fresh installed rom. The update.zip file is gone so i wonder why does this work.

Does anyone know where can i delete the files which are respinsible for the reinstalls? so i get normal startup even if i press the volume up & power button

:) B) :D ;) help

did you delete the "image" folder?

Guest DellXCD35
since you got an offizial GEN2 upgrade you have to do it the long way.

1) root it

2) install rommanager

3) install clockworkmod with rommanager

4) install CM with rommanager

5) download latest nightly, copy it to SD-card and apply it with rommanager

6) install gapps with rommanager

point no 4. which CM do i apply with rommanager.

pont no 5. which stable version will work with my phone.

Stable in the sense calling should work perfectly with mute, clarity etc and there should be no problem with gps or wifi.

i am sorry for my noob questions but i am pretty much new to android.

Guest SimonKitch

Can some one give me another link to the latest firmware. I'm this error on Filesonic link :- Download Error Free users may only download 1 file at a time.

Thanks

Guest curl66

For all of you with some problems.

be sure you read the first post... do you? thanks.

1) you can apply any of the TPTs. doenst matter which then apply the actuall nightly doenload from here:

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=blade

apply it with clockworkmod or rommanager.

2) if you run into problems that a nighlty have issues or doent boot.

simply nightlies can be broken. apply adifferent one.

you dont lose data until you do a wipe in clockwork or rommanager.

what mostly helps is to wipe cache. do this in clockwork.

3) if you like to get a veryclean install go into clockwork format system and cache, apply nightly and boot. apply google apps with rommanager.

here you are.

4) if there a still isusse you have to do a full wipe of user data in clockwork. sorry , but thats the world.

Guest LouisUK

Hi Guys,

First off many thanks for the ROM. It installed perfectly.

However, having now installed the ROM im experiencing random shut downs. Mainly when on charge over night when i wake in the morning the phone is off and my bloody alarm hasnt gone off lol. It has happened once or twice during the day too.

Has anyone had this problem before? Or has any idea what the solution could be?

The phone was a Gen1 OLED, i believe this ROM converts it to

Other than this minor problem the ROM has performed faultlessly.

Guest llised
READ CAREFULLY!

I WILL REGULARY UPDATE THIS POST WITH A TPT IMAGE WITH ACTUAL CM7 & CWM VERSIONS IF THER IS A SERIOUS CHANGE.

* wbaw the creator of the TPT scripts did some recent TPTs for you.

* added it to this post.

* Thanks a lot to him

##### I added some troublehooting tips to the end in case something goes wrong #######

* PLEASE NO POSTS ABOUT BUGS IN CM7 OR NIGHTLYS. PLEASE USE OTHER TOPICS FOR THIS.

* PLEASE READ THIS POST COMPLETLY!!!! DO IT!!!

* THANKS!

This is a
TPT Image
to Install
CM 7.0.2 stable
to your ZTE BLADE (Base Lutetia ...)

It will also repartition your device for optimal space usage.

NEW LAYOUT !

Partitioning:
  • 15 Mb Cache (not needed by CM7)

• 136 MB system (10MB free, gapps included)

• 304 MB Data

Since some questions about this. CM7 dont use the cahce partition anyway if its smaller than 20mb. the layout was just created to get the optimum out of 512MB space.

I did this so some friends of mine can move to CM7 in an absolute easy way; so you can try it but on your own risk.

This is for people that run stock 2.1 or a custom 2.2 rom on the Blade and would like to go to CM7 in one step without the hassle of ,rooting, fastboot, clockworkmod, repartitioning and flashing.

It's all done in one step.

Also people that have a bricked phone (GEN1) can try this to unbrick.

This will work on all GEN1 devices.
It will upgrade them to GEN2
. there is a way back to GEN1.

Also it will work on GEN2 devices that have been upgraded from GEN1 with the TPT method.

GEN1 devices are sold with android 2.1 installed.

After using this to upgrade to GEN2 you are still able to use this TPT method while
native GEN2 cannot

IT WILL NOT WORK ON NATIVE GEN2 DEVICE WHICH WERE SHIPPED WITH 2.2
. sorry! but it does no harm since the TPT will not start.

This tools show you if you have a GEN1 or GEN2.

Also it shows after flashing on a GEN1 that you are on GEN2.

wbaw does all the scripting so all credits go to him. I just use his scripts.

1) Do a backup (if needed)

I use my phone explorer (backup option) for backup contacts,calls sms

For apps I use
Titanium Backup
which requires
Root

There are other solutions to backup android. google is your friend.

If you are already on CM7 backup all system data with e.g. Titanium Backup so you can restore everything after upgrade - worked for me.

Remember that some apps save their data in unusuall places, e.g. Angry Birds so check for Angry Birds saver.

you can do a Nandroid backup, too but remember that this TPT changes partition size so before you apply it back you have to change partition size back to stock.

2 ) Download and extract the zip file

Download and extract the zip file to your SD-Card of the ZTE Blade so you can see a folder "
" on the SD-Card

DOWNLOADS:

SINCE IT MAKE NO SENSE TO CREATE FOR EVERY NIGHTLY A NEW TPT PLEASE READ POINT 8 HOW TO GET YOUR CM7 UPDATED .

IF THERE ARE NO SERIOUS CHANGES LIKE STABLES/GAPPS OR OTHERS THINGS I WILL NOT CREATE NEW TPTs. you can easily upgrade to lates by yourself.

**** REMEBER THAT NIGHTLIES CAN BE BROKEN AND SO NOT FULLY FUNCTIONAL ****

WBAW creates a lot of TPTs of nightlies in this topic. use them if you are in need of.

wbaw did new TPTs. Thanks a lot for this. all credits to him:

(size: 105.8mb md5: ce0780ab4104903edc957688b65d598b).

Also includes new partition layout (2mb cache 138mb system 315mb data), fastboot mode & new gapps package.

CM7.0.2Nightly60 with new partition Layout 15MB Cache/136MB System/304MB Data

md5: 9fdd3800a650fcdf5fcbf24224184afe

CM7.0.2Nightly59 with new partition Layout 15MB Cache/136MB System/304MB Data

b65ad43f55bc8e9a306a2f2163f949e9

these TPTs are with old partition layout: 2MB Cache, 136MB System , 302MB Data.

CM7.02Nightly57 + CWM 3.0.2.7

MD5: 5f4e226eac4e9f59ac36ef3e2591aa65

CM 7.02stable

MD5: bf7e461900b4785104a174697f8dd0bd

best to use
rommanager
to do future upgrades.

Upgrade it form market and then upgrade clockwork.

AFTER FLASHING THIS TPT YOU CAN
ONLY APPLY GEN2 ROMS
like CM7.0.2 or nightly builds >50 or SwedishSpring Froyo 2.2 Rom!

If you would like to go back to GEN1 with CM 7.0.0 stable use wbaws TPT image:

BACKUP YOUR DATA! ALL IS GONE EXCEPT WHAT IS ON THE SD-CARD!

3) Shut down your phone

4) Switch phone on with voulme up key pressed.

Switch phone on with voulme up key pressed.

The Magic starts. you see some green writing.
dont switch your phone off

After 1-2 minutes your phone will reboot into CM7!

On some models of the Blade try holding menu + volume up + power.

5) restore your data

Remember not to restore system data with Titanium Backup (other tools affected as well) when you move from Android 2.2 to Android 2.3.3 like CM7.

Strange things can happen - just restore apps+data and contacts ,sms, calllists.

6) you are done.

To make CM7 more special and see the full power of CM7 I recommend the Regina 3D launcher.

7)NEXT STEPS

It's a good idea to delete or rename the "
" folder on the SD-Card so you dont accidently apply this to your phone when you turn it on.

now you can apply any stable and nightly build of CM7 >50

so no need for doing a TPT again.

just download Nightly build to your SD-Card and apply it with ROM MANAGER APP or with ClockWorkMod.

advantage of doing this? you data stays. no wipe is required.

but keep in mind that if you get some strange effects a wipe may help.

SO IT MAKE NO SENSE TO INSTALL A TPT TO MOVE FROM ONE NIGHLTY/STABLE TO THE NEXT.

IF YOU LIKE TO MAKE A CLEAN INSTALL OF YOUR PHONE CHOOSE AND APPLY ONE OF THE TPTs THEN GO INTO CLOCKWORK. FORMAT /system APPLY NOW ANY GEN2 NIGHTLY/STABLE CM7 & GAPPS or OTHER GEN2 ROM.

YOU CAN ALSO USE THE ROMMANAGER APP TO FLASH A NEW NIGHTLY / STABLE AND UPDATE CLOCKWORKMOD.

you still can apply TPTs to your GEN2 Blade now if you upgrade it with this TPT method.

##################################

#

# TROUBLESHOOTING

#

##################################

something goes wrong during TPT. dont panic

try this

1) redownload file. check md5 if possible

2) format Sd-Card or use other SD-Card

3) extract it to Sd-Card

4) sim out of phone

5) do it again!!!

it will work!

TPT doesnt work. Its reported that some polish blades (may be others aswell) dont go into TPT mode.

check this topic please to get TPT working:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-also-the-imei/

but be carefull! i did not try this it since i have a working blade but i imaging that you have to flash the GEN1 UK to get a working TPT GEN1 method for your blade. after this it should be possible to upgrade with TPT from here to CM7.