Update V10D + Baseband 0405 available through LG Update software

Guest alncool

Guest o2mike

Can I install the "stock performance patch" over the new software?

Because it does not feel as snappy as the V10b with said performance patch felt.

Guest Le_PoUnT

@o2mike You must check if /system/build.prop has the same build date before. If not, follow the procedure given by Paul, to have the patch.

Guest Artemon

LG Software Update Tool says: "There is not enough disk space!" LOL!

So, I can't update my phone.

I have about 50Gbytes free space on my hard drive, and about 20 apk's installed on my device.

I'm on stock v10b. What the hell not enough disk space is it talking about?

Guest Mrjava65
Hey guys,

I'm wondering about the new update.

Does anyone have tried this new version? Is it still laggy?

Waiting this evening to flash it when i'm back home :-)

Is this for the G2X? or the Optimus 2?

Guest lozza69er
Just uploading now to my drop box, will post links once done.

ALSO! Please be aware if you upgrade to 10d with the LG Update program and then restore a nandroid backup you can no longer upgrade via the LG update program again as it says you already have 10d, even though I have 10b, LG must save what i have at their end!

Does anyone know why this is and how this can be sorted out. I restored a nandroid backup and my phone is reporting 10b yet LG upgrade is saying i have the lastest version 10d.

Is there anyway i can fix this so i can use the LG upgrade software??

Guest toti1001
Does anyone know why this is and how this can be sorted out. I restored a nandroid backup and my phone is reporting 10b yet LG upgrade is saying i have the lastest version 10d.

Is there anyway i can fix this so i can use the LG upgrade software??

I think, the Updater look at your installed Baseband and that is now 20110405, but your Rom is 10b.

I have the same problem after Nandroid. You must flash a older Baseband before 20110405 and than you can update with the LG Updater to 10c/d.

Guest lozza69er
I think, the Updater look at your installed Baseband and that is now 20110405, but your Rom is 10b.

I have the same problem after Nandroid. You must flash a older Baseband before 20110405 and than you can update with the LG Updater to 10c/d.

Will this work then mate?

Where can i find a older baseband?

Guest the1c3man
Will this work then mate?

Where can i find a older baseband?

Don't think this will work, I had the new baseband and 10b before the upgrade to 10d.

I think LG must store version or maybe stored on the PC somewhere.

Guest toti1001
Don't think this will work, I had the new baseband and 10b before the upgrade to 10d.

I think LG must store version or maybe stored on the PC somewhere.

For me, it worked!! Older Baseband you can find HERE

When LG stored the info on the PC why i can update when i flashed the older baseband??

Guest jivemaster

For those wondering, the v10D update does not fix the random reboot issue nor the freeze while charging issue. In fact it made it worse. (my wife's 2x never had the freeze while charging issue until after this update).

Guest paulikxp
Are you using the original USB cable that came with the phone when charging?

As for me I only recognize the random reboot while the phone is in my pocket or in my hand or while being attached to the PC (using the USB cable supplied with my Nexus One). I have no problems with crashing while charging using the charger of the N1.

Could it be connected to the Tegra2? I have a very similar issue with my Notionink Adam, which reboots randomly while wakeup via the power button (it's not on stock ROM).

Guest o2mike

My LG2X never had the "reboot while recharge" problems some people wrote about, but it rebootet once when I used a micro USB to USB cable from my Bluetooth headphones to charge my phone.

Plus I read in the Acer Liquid section on this board that one should use the original USB cable to flash the phone instead of any other cable.

Maybe it does matter - I doubt it does a difference because this is a standard cable, but still.

Did one of your LG2X ever reboot using the cable that came with it?

Guest jivemaster

The only change that has occurred with the phone between the reboot on charge not occurring and then occurring out of nowhere was the upgrade to v10D. Nothing else has changed. We've had the reboot on charge since the update a couple of times so far. Prior to the update we never had the issue.

Overall we have had more daily reboots with this rom than the previous (v10B).

We are completely stock.

I am starting to get fed up with this phone. It really is complete rubbish. I'm hanging out for Paul to possibly create a G2X port and will see how that goes. If it continues to play up from there it's going on ebay. Either way we're not buying another LG again.

Guest goatee

I am - and still have the issue - in fact, my update crashed half way through, so had to nvflash back from brickness.

Guest JugglerLKR

My o2x v10b from germany updated to v10c with 'dirty' kernel using lg update.

i wonder if it will be updated to v10d?

Edited by JugglerLKR

Guest goatee

A previous attempt to update failed after the update program lost the connection to my phone half way through. I then had to nvflash 10b back on. I just tried again, and it worked, and it didn't even wipe my phone :unsure:. Here's hoping it fixes it for me. . .

Edit: but it did "unroot", so I just have to re-root.

Edited by goatee

Guest mparack
A previous attempt to update failed after the update program lost the connection to my phone half way through. I then had to nvflash 10b back on. I just tried again, and it worked, and it didn't even wipe my phone :unsure:. Here's hoping it fixes it for me. . .

Edit: but it did "unroot", so I just have to re-root.

Were you able to re-root then? I have failed to root since the V10d update using superoneclick . In fact there has been an incosistency with connecting the phone to the USB.

When I connect the USB cable to my laptop, I don't get the USB Connected notification most of the time. I removed and reinstalled all the drivers (Win7 based PC) and got the phone to connect to USB by unmounting the external SD card but as soon as I run superoneclick, the USB connection is lost and after that I am unable to get the phone to recognise that the USB is connected.

I tried this on another computer and used different cables etc but had the same problem.

Anyone got any ideas on how to sort this USB connectivity problem and how to root the phone?

Guest goatee

Hi, yes superoneclick worked fine for me. What I did notice though, was that every so often it would fail to recognise the USB connection. Basically, I rebooted, and then deselected USB debugging, and then reselected it, and it seemed to prod it back into working. Sometimes changing the USB slot I plug into on my computer (laptop docking station) also helps.

Were you able to re-root then? I have failed to root since the V10d update using superoneclick . In fact there has been an incosistency with connecting the phone to the USB.

When I connect the USB cable to my laptop, I don't get the USB Connected notification most of the time. I removed and reinstalled all the drivers (Win7 based PC) and got the phone to connect to USB by unmounting the external SD card but as soon as I run superoneclick, the USB connection is lost and after that I am unable to get the phone to recognise that the USB is connected.

I tried this on another computer and used different cables etc but had the same problem.

Anyone got any ideas on how to sort this USB connectivity problem and how to root the phone?

Guest mparack
Hi, yes superoneclick worked fine for me. What I did notice though, was that every so often it would fail to recognise the USB connection. Basically, I rebooted, and then deselected USB debugging, and then reselected it, and it seemed to prod it back into working. Sometimes changing the USB slot I plug into on my computer (laptop docking station) also helps.

Tried that and it recognises the connection randomly but then as soon as I run superoneclick, it loses it again leaving superoneclick at 'waiting for device'!! Might have to try another computer and USB cable combo tonight!!

Guest goatee

Yeah, I'm not convinced of the quality of the "stock" supplied USB cable.

Tried that and it recognises the connection randomly but then as soon as I run superoneclick, it loses it again leaving superoneclick at 'waiting for device'!! Might have to try another computer and USB cable combo tonight!!

Guest mparack
Yeah, I'm not convinced of the quality of the "stock" supplied USB cable.

Right, tried with some more cables and on different USB ports. Also, uninstalled driver, reinstalled and rebooted both PC and phone, tried disabling/enabling USB Debugging etc etc. Still all I get is the phone charging when connected to USB. I'm at a loss. Anyone got a solution? reckon it is a hardware problem and needs replacing? Would a factory reset help at all here? I used to be able to connect to USB earlier but have noticed it not working since updating to V10D