Clocksync App Problem

Guest Brianrh

Guest Brianrh

I have been using this app every so often for a few months but recently when I go to update it comes up with "Can't get NTP offset, network problem". I've set it to use uk.pool.ntp.org for it's NTP server and this has always worked okay before.

Has anybody else had this problem or is there another app anyone can recommend to keep the clock time somewhere near correct?

Brian

Guest Sanddancer75

I installed it this morning without any problems after noticing that my clock was a few minutes out & that I was too lazy to set it manually (I'd been on night shifts & was on my way to bed). I didn't mess with any of the settings, just installed it, synced it, & it worked. Have you tried uninstalling it & reinstalling it?

Edited by Sanddancer75

Guest Brianrh
I installed it this morning without any problems after noticing that my clock was a few minutes out & that I was too lazy to set it manually (I'd been on night shifts & was on my way to bed). I didn't mess with any of the settings, just installed it, synced it, & it worked. Have you tried uninstalling it & reinstalling it?

That's interesting. I'll try your suggestion and see what happens. Thanks.

Guest Brianrh
That's interesting. I'll try your suggestion and see what happens. Thanks.

Uninstalled then reinstalled and it still didn't work; tried using 3G rather than wifi and it all worked. I'm sure I've used it with wifi before but perhaps I am having a senior moment.

Brian

Guest JetSerge

ClockSync developer here. Most likely the problem is with your WiFi router or ISP blocking NTP ports or DNS issue so that NTP address can't be resolved.

Try to use a verified NTP server IP address instead.

Guest Brianrh
ClockSync developer here. Most likely the problem is with your WiFi router or ISP blocking NTP ports or DNS issue so that NTP address can't be resolved.

Try to use a verified NTP server IP address instead.

My findings for this app not working on WiFi and only working on 3G was when I was at work earlier today. When I got home and tried it on my home WiFi it worked perfectly again. At work I can download apps and browse on the internet, but using the default NTP server (pool.ntp.org) this app doesn't work for me.

This is a very handy app that works well for me especially when my SF was new and on the original Orange ROM and would loose about 2 hours time overnight. Changing to my first custom ROM stopped this excessive time loss but Clocksync is still very useful and I can forget about checking the clock for error.

Thanks.

Brian