Help! guidance and explanation of how to change rom, and how to make new rom?

Guest predo1306

Guest predo1306

I ask for assistance of all who understand the Android system, how to edit files with Rom the tools and everything related to this topic? Thank you in advance.

Guest equiliym
I ask for assistance of all who understand the Android system, how to edit files with Rom the tools and everything related to this topic? Thank you in advance.

well, for starters, you can unpack your rom on PC and play with random apps in /system/app that you want your custom rom to have, you can also edit build.prop for random stuff like default ringones, timezone, build version etc

you can edit your apk files to change pictures/scripts in it, colors etc, depends what you need/want to do with it

you can also edit your boot.img using rickys kitchen, using to edit ramdisk and put custom kernel if you have source to compile one but this is not really needed

Guest Khan Miro

Well it's not what we can do, it's HOW we can do it ?

I downloaded the kitchen but I see there must be e active perl installed in order to read the unpacked files.

I wanted to make a few modifications for the 2.3 ricky's rom, especially the touchscreen driver, but I don't know exactly where to look for it in the ROM files. Also I have some boot.img, system.img, data.img from a ROM with working perfectly screen and this is my source for extraction, but yet - don't know how (still). Can someone lend me a hand?

Guest predo1306
Well it's not what we can do, it's HOW we can do it ?

I downloaded the kitchen but I see there must be e active perl installed in order to read the unpacked files.

I wanted to make a few modifications for the 2.3 ricky's rom, especially the touchscreen driver, but I don't know exactly where to look for it in the ROM files. Also I have some boot.img, system.img, data.img from a ROM with working perfectly screen and this is my source for extraction, but yet - don't know how (still). Can someone lend me a hand?

that it is also why I started this topic due to exchange opinions and knowledge of the professionals in this business as for the modification of the Rom and the like. I would like someone to write what is important in the Android system and what can be modified and what is not?

Guest LeU

I have some knowings of computers as I'm a student of Computer's Engineering, so... I need instructions of how to make a update.zip from a rom dump to return my phone to stock... my stock rom isn't in stock roms topic.