O2 Samsung Galaxy S2 - locked or unlocked?

Guest saquib

Guest saquib

Hi

Lots of discussion on HUKD and XDA as to if the O2 version will be locked or unlocked.

Can anyone who has received theirs or will receive today check the sim lock status?

In the event it is locked can anyone recommend an unlocking company? I‘m sure Paul tweeted it would be around £10 to unlock.

Guest MrChaz
Hi

Lots of discussion on HUKD and XDA as to if the O2 version will be locked or unlocked.

Can anyone who has received theirs or will receive today check the sim lock status?

In the event it is locked can anyone recommend an unlocking company? I‘m sure Paul tweeted it would be around £10 to unlock.

According to the lady in the shop just now locked. Unlockable after 1 year and £15 on Pay and Go

Guest amjb71
Hi

Just got it from o2 on PAYG for 399 and put my vodafone sim in and it works!!

Cool!!

Guest saquib

Any to answer my own question, my contract one has just arrived and is unlocked :-)

Just a O2 screen on startup and shutdown.

Just got it from o2 on PAYG for 399 and put my vodafone sim in and it works!!

Cool!!

Guest StarmanUK

Just received my Samsung Galaxy S II from O2 on contract. I've inserted an Orange SIM from my work phone which works fine.

Only immediate branding I've noticed is the O2 booting screens.

OS Details -

Model: GT-I9100

Android Version: 2.3.3

Baseband: I9100XXKDH

Kernel: 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKDD-CL161513 root@DELL103 #2

Build: GINERBREAD.XWKDD

PDA: I9100XWKDD

Phone: I9100XXKDH

CSC: I9100O2UKD1

Build: 24 Apr

Edited by StarmanUK

Guest chris3lx

I received my PAYG from O2 today and can confirm that even though it is locked (I tried a T-Mobile SIM) my Tesco Mobile SIM works perfectly.

Guest BobUK

A colleague of mine received his from 02 yesterday. Locked. Got unlock code but told it would not remain and require to be re-applied each time the phone is rebooted as they could only issue temporary unlock codes? Never heard of this before.

Any advice if there is such a thing.. seems odd to me.

thanks.

bob

• 1 month later...
Guest browncharlie

If your prepay is locked then you have to contact your service provider then only its work.

I was facing the same problem in may sasmsung pay monthly i just contact my service provider and now it's working fine.

Edited by browncharlie