Ricky 2.2 rom(reuploaded for those who want)

Guest Vlatko25

Guest Vlatko25
Thanks man! :mellow:

You are welcome:)

For Ricky: I solved battery issue,it was my mistake:)

THANKS TO RICKY ABOUT THIS PERFECT 2.2 ROM

Guest blacksushi

Problems found:

1. Audio very bad during conversation

2. Audio too high when listen music with internal or bluetooth speakers

Guest blatny93

Right, there are a number of things I've worked out with this rom and roms in general - don't, I repeat don't do a batch reinstall of apps and system apps - just apps after you have installed this or any rom. I wanted everything that three network had given - more or less a vanilla - but with 2.2 - they weren't made for it? - I've got it now but it took some work. I haven't tested this rom completely but it seems almost perfect. So thanks Wyatt where ever you are! Any advice needed I'll give!

Guest blatny93
Right, there are a number of things I've worked out with this rom and roms in general - don't, I repeat don't do a batch reinstall of apps and system apps - just apps after you have installed this or any rom. I wanted everything that three network had given - more or less a vanilla - but with 2.2 - they weren't made for it? - I've got it now but it took some work. I haven't tested this rom completely but it seems almost perfect. So thanks Wyatt where ever you are! Any advice needed I'll give!

Also (bit drunk) I have the three networks 'Favourites' and 'Planet 3'' apk if you need them?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vlatko25
Do you just flash update.zip and then install update1.zip?

yeah first flash update.zip than 1Update.zip then reboot system now

Guest Gimbra

Hi,

after updated my ZTE RACER to 2.2 I have a problem.

After entered the PIN to unlock the card, a new screen appears asking for the unlock code, after introduced the code I can't unlock the phone :P

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ^^Fenix^^
Hi,

after updated my ZTE RACER to 2.2 I have a problem.

After entered the PIN to unlock the card, a new screen appears asking for the unlock code, after introduced the code I can't unlock the phone ;)

Thanks

Do you have solved this? This ROM freezes your smart?

• 1 month later...
Guest MaxAxe

This isnt working for me.... i mean how much time does it take the phone to boot after the flash ? ive left the phone for an hour ... first with the cynogen rom 2.3 version 7 and then again with ricky's rom... the phone loads ... reboots and then stays on the startup screen doesnt go forward.. the max ive tried is for 1.5 hours.... do i need to leave it alone longer ?

I have a Dell XCD 28 by the way ... which from what ive read is nothing but a ZTE Racer Gen 1(confirmed with pigfish)

Guest Dj Fluminee

This isnt working for me.... i mean how much time does it take the phone to boot after the flash ? ive left the phone for an hour ... first with the cynogen rom 2.3 version 7 and then again with ricky's rom... the phone loads ... reboots and then stays on the startup screen doesnt go forward.. the max ive tried is for 1.5 hours.... do i need to leave it alone longer ?

I have a Dell XCD 28 by the way ... which from what ive read is nothing but a ZTE Racer Gen 1(confirmed with pigfish)

have you wiped data / factory reset, wipe cache partition before?..

Guest Dj Fluminee

Yes I did ... and after a few tries it worked .... now a new problem ... where do i get the network unlock code ? HALP !! :(

right over HERE . if the one for zte racer doesn't work try zte x850. does your gps connects to satellites with this rom?

Edited by Dj Fluminee

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lfernandes

installed this version this night and I think it works great, but I can't update google googles, it say's that's not possible to update. Is that possible to do the update it?

Guest Racerboy

installed this version this night and I think it works great, but I can't update google googles, it say's that's not possible to update. Is that possible to do the update it?

should be possible as its on going software, try uninstalling it from MY APPS in market and find it again re-install it, if still not working try new gapps pack it should work with 2.2 rom http://www.mediafire...x4kcncqyqzz39kf thx Schwinni, install through clockwork usual way....make a backup before just to be safe ;)

Edited by Racerboy

Guest lfernandes

Thanks Racerboy, I found that was a permission issue, I've fixed it with spare parts and I finally was able to install it. I think this is a good room for those who want to wait for a non buggy 2.3.4 room. Calibration is perfect, battery drain I think is normal compared to stock room 2.1 (I didn't do a full charge since I installed it but I think the battery drain is normal) and I can send MMS with data connection disabled, thisng that I can't do with 2.3.4 room's.

Guest Racerboy

Thanks Racerboy, I found that was a permission issue, I've fixed it with spare parts and I finally was able to install it. I think this is a good room for those who want to wait for a non buggy 2.3.4 room. Calibration is perfect, battery drain I think is normal compared to stock room 2.1 (I didn't do a full charge since I installed it but I think the battery drain is normal) and I can send MMS with data connection disabled, thisng that I can't do with 2.3.4 room's.

so long as you`ve sorted it thats great ;), i`m using the 4pda rom 2.3.4 v1.88 with deadlink new kernal its even better than the stock 2.1 rom i had regards battery usage, everthing else works great aswell

Guest lfernandes

I'm having a problem with this room: when I trie to update some google apps from market the instalation fail's. I've installed gaaps through revovery but for example market don't work (didn't open). how can I solve this?

Guest Racerboy

I'm having a problem with this room: when I trie to update some google apps from market the instalation fail's. I've installed gaaps through revovery but for example market don't work (didn't open). how can I solve this?

have you re-installed gapps since this has happened? did you not solve this issue through permissions or something, try re-installng gapps 1st if still fails then you could maybe update market with this new vending.apk (new market) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GPJBBFWD copy to sdcard and install with file explorer or similar it should work with 2.2 i hope