[HONEYCOMB][CROSS POLLINATION] Got port? May 9th 2011

Guest clockcycle

Guest clockcycle

5th May 2011

MrGuy has gotten Honeycomb to boot on the Adam. Roebeet has already gotten it working on the GATB. Hopefully this can be of help to the dev community as it's a sister tablet.

SOURCE: http://tabletroms.com/forums/showthread.ph...-Adam-(Updated)

9th May 2011 12:05pm EDT

DJ_Steve showsoff hardware acceleration implementation on Notioink Adam.

FRESH TODAY 9th May 2011 11:30AM EDT

Cross collaboration between devs of sister tablets in the ##adamroot freenode IRC channel this morning!

Devs: HomerSp got hardware acceleration working, newbe5 got it working on the Advent Vega (video demo below) and DJ_Steve applied them to the Adam HC rom and confirmed to now be working smoothly!

Edited by clockcycle

Guest newbe5
MrGuy has gotten Honeycomb to boot on the Adam. Roebeet has already gotten it working on the GATB. Hopefully this can be of help to the dev community as it's a sister tablet.

SOURCE: http://tabletroms.com/forums/showthread.ph...-Adam-(Updated)

Yup! Been looking at this today and working on a port-port(-port?). Stuck with some memory issues atm for some reason. Logcat can be damn hard to interpret :/ Hopefully have more time to work on it with Corvus at the weekend!

Guest KKteam

Oh man that would be awesome!

Please keep us up to date in this thread here.. I can't wait for customized apps any more.. Otherwise I'm going to buy the XOOM >.<

Guest WWEpsp
Oh man that would be awesome!

Please keep us up to date in this thread here.. I can't wait for customized apps any more.. Otherwise I'm going to buy the XOOM >.<

+1 very happy to hear this...

Guest Shaizer
it´s me or honeycomb runs very slow on adam?

Its an initial SDK port without graphic acceleration so it will be quite slow, its not to do with the Adam's hardware. Hopefully honeycomb on the vega will be as good as it is in that video (I'm serious) it's a real accomplishment just getting it to boot to that stage. After the talented devs got the honeycomb on vega booted up (however slow) they can start working on speed tweaks and bugs/FCs.

Good Luck to all! Now back to my exam revision :mellow: Gah!

Edited by Shaizer

Guest owenoliver1
Working on it. Not ETA, so dont ask... will be whe is ready.

Corvus.

OMFG WE MIGHT GET IT SOON WOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by owenoliver1

Guest dagrim1
Are there any news? I really would like to run honeycomb. I dont care about speed..

Because? HC would be great but for the user unworkable if it's as slow as in the video.

Of course from a development point of view it WOULD be great :unsure: But let the wizards do their magic in their own pace and let them release their stuff when they think it's ready for it...

Same with CM7, it's sweet but compared to the smoothness of Corvus5 I just can't stick with it.

Edited by dagrim1

Guest KKteam

yeah it might be unworkable but the first steps are done then and many others (including me) would try to speed it up..

Guest dagrim1
yeah it might be unworkable but the first steps are done then and many others (including me) would try to speed it up..

Hehe, that's true of course... I don't have the capabilities to assist in that indeed, but I shouldn't forget there are ppl out there who can actually contribute :unsure:

Guest clockcycle

*** UPDATE 12:00pm EDT May 12th 2011MrGuy has done it again, looks like the Market (gapps) issue has been resolved! MrGuy says " Borkata's link and HomerSp's test app helped a lot too"

Guest stevie_mac
*** UPDATE 12:00pm EDT May 12th 2011MrGuy has done it again, looks like the Market (gapps) issue has been resolved! MrGuy says " Borkata's link and HomerSp's test app helped a lot too"

where did you read this? link?