[Guide] Flashing firmware to Blade/Libra via windows

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Guest Smart-T

I have a Blade gen2 that was delivered with stock Android 2.2.2.

BladeChecker app said:

European Blade (512MB RAM) detected

Stock/Windows Upgraded Gen 2 Phone detected

Current partition sizes:

System: 220MB

Data: 162MB

Cache: 37MB

I rooted with z4root, then I installed ROM Manager v5.0.2.5 , CWM Recovery 6.0.1.1 and then the following ROMs:

- CM7.2(2.3.7)

- CM10.1(4.2.2) (runs not smoothly, some apps aborted...)

- CM10(4.1.2)

- ParanoidAndroid 2.8.1 (CM10/4.1.2)

Because the phonememory is very small, and at the system partition only 140MB are used at the moment, I want to change the partition sizes like this layout:

System: 220MB -> 160MB

Data: 162MB -> 294MB

Cache: 37MB -> 2MB

Sum: 419MB -> 454MB

Is 2MB cache enough without using any additional relocation tools?

Where does the additional 35MB (=454-419) come from? Was it just unused space before?

Should I backup some ID's (IMEI, other ID's)?

Can I use this method and this TPT file (160/294/2)?

It's not quite clear to me, how to use the stock recovery. Is it still there, if I installed CWM Recovery 6.0.1.1 and several custom ROMs before?

If not, would it be OK to install the stock recovery "over" the CWM? Is this stock recovery the correct version for my Blade (gen2)?

How to do it exactly?

What happens, if something was going wrong and no recovery system works at the end?

How could I restore my old CWM(Nandroid) backups? Or would the Blade then be bricked...?

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I have a Blade gen2 that was delivered with stock Android 2.2.2.

BladeChecker app said:

I rooted with z4root, then I installed ROM Manager v5.0.2.5 , CWM Recovery 6.0.1.1 and then the following ROMs:

- CM7.2(2.3.7)

- CM10.1(4.2.2) (runs not smoothly, some apps aborted...)

- CM10(4.1.2)

- ParanoidAndroid 2.8.1 (CM10/4.1.2)

Because the phonememory is very small, and at the system partition only 140MB are used at the moment, I want to change the partition sizes like this layout:

Is 2MB cache enough without using any additional relocation tools?

Where does the additional 35MB (=454-419) come from? Was it just unused space before?

Should I backup some ID's (IMEI, other ID's)?

Can I use this method and this TPT file (160/294/2)?

It's not quite clear to me, how to use the stock recovery. Is it still there, if I installed CWM Recovery 6.0.1.1 and several custom ROMs before?

If not, would it be OK to install the stock recovery "over" the CWM? Is this stock recovery the correct version for my Blade (gen2)?

How to do it exactly?

What happens, if something was going wrong and no recovery system works at the end?

How could I restore my old CWM(Nandroid) backups? Or would the Blade then be bricked...?

The ZTE Blade has 2 underlying partition layouts (including for partitions other than system data cache, OEM, etc). One is the original Gen1 layout, and the other is the Gen2/Gen3 layout. The extra 35MB is there because the Gen2 layout takes up about 15MB more space with these hidden partitions, and also because the stock layout has a OEM partition that takes up space for no good reason.

I recommend you flash one of the Gen2 TPTs from here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/347601-zte-blade-tpts/. This is safer and faster than flashing via windows, and 15MB isn't much.

If you do decide to flash via windows, follow the guide here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/339048-guide-flashing-firmware-to-bladelibra-via-windows/. Make sure you follow the instructions properly. You can usually recover channel1.nvm (which is a backup of your imei) as long as the flasher is running, but making a backup yourself is definitely a good idea. You can get the extra 15MB like this but it is slower and much more likely to give you problems.

Guest Smart-T

Hi Daniel,

I tried this method:

I recommend you flash one of the Gen2 TPTs from here: http://www.modaco.co...zte-blade-tpts/. This is safer and faster than flashing via windows, and 15MB isn't much.

After copying the files to the SD card and verification (MD5), I switched the phone off an on again (holding "menu"+"VOL+" as described) when it started into "T-Flash...(something)" (green letters on black background). A progress bar was running from 0 to 84 or 85% when an error accurred.

I thougt I bricked the phone now and was a little bit shocked... :wacko:

But then it rebooted into CWM Recovery 5.0.2.0 (I had 6.0.1.1 before!) so I wiped data, cache, dalvik and restored my last backup (ParanoidAndroid 2.81).

Reboot took a while, but in the end it booted normally. :)

I checked "Partition Info":

/system: 160MB

/data:279MB

/cache: 2MB

The partition sizes looks as expected and the phone seems to run normally.

The user installed apps were not there because of wiped user data - no problem to reinstall manually.

What went wrong in the beginning? Should I repeat the TPT procedure?

Or is everything OK now?

Should I update CWM to ver. 6.0.1.1 again? (how?)

Edited by Smart-T

Guest khizhny

Hi, I want to restore my Libra original partition layout.

Blade Checker says my phone is: GEN3 phone, System 220Mb, Cache 27,5 Mb, Data 162,5

Long time ago I've made a ROM backup GBR_KYIVSTAR_P733V1.0.0B04.rar via Recovery and its system size is 115Mb.

Now phone repatitioned to GEN2 I want restore original ROM.

But I can't convert it back to GEN3 with 220 Mb System.

All available GEN3 TPTs is just 200Mb (max).

• 3 months later...
Guest Anton_M

Every time i try to flash it completes and then i restart phone, first comes the green androind and then zte logo flashes quickly and it goes to FTM mode, what should i do? :(

• 1 month later...
Guest samphillips1992

Hi, I am having a few problems... I have got to step 7 and everything was going well until I took the battery out and put it back in. Now all i am getting is a blank screen. The phone is turned on as the backlight is on but it just doesnt go any further and stays blank.

If anyone has any help I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

• 1 month later...

i tried the guide but step five does not work i see the FTM on the blades  screan connect the blade to the pc but i do not see the blade in the pc i mean there is no new disc or anything after conecting the blade to the pc and the only thing i can do is shut off the blade by removing the batery.

i tried the guide but step five does not work i see the FTM on the blades  screan connect the blade to the pc but i do not see the blade in the pc i mean there is no new disc or anything after conecting the blade to the pc and the only thing i can do is shut off the blade by removing the batery.

did you install the zte drivers?

• 6 months later...
Guest Zsotti

Hi!

I recently discovered there are "fresh" roms available for ZTE Blade, so i decided to give them a try. I had some nightly cm mod (android 2.3), and decided to try 4.2.2, cm 10.1. I did flash my zte for the new rom to have more space for system and data. Everything went fine, everything is working, BUT, my PC wont recognize my Blade. It shows up as "Blade" in device manager, but cant find driver. Even when i download a driver for blade it, and try to add it manually it says cant install driver. I cant even reach my sd card, not even from clockwerk boot menu "mount usb storage". Any ideas?

• 8 months later...
Guest Szepszu

My START button is not clickable, i turn I started driverinstaller.exe

Why?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For some reason now the START Button is clickable, but when I start the program I get this error message:

"Sales_DL_P729V_Sweden

Get armprg Failed"

I press OK, and START, and after that the download has failed

Edited by Szepszu