[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest Zebrahead
Thanks Zeb - restore seemed to go OK but hung after writing data.img (although said it completed OK.)

Will re-install Advent 1.09, MCR r8, Titanium & restore previous build.

By hung do you mean finished and didn't reboot?

As far as I know that's fine - in fact I think it happens to me every time.

Simply reboot and the restore should be in place ^^

Zeb

PS : If it doesn't work, PM me. There's no reason why it shouldn't be fine if it completed, if it isn't then I'm interested to figure out why ^^. Thanks

Guest Spooke

Managed to get flash working on the stock browser, installed flash 10.3 from market, then on I player site choose a programme wait for the page to load, you'll see the video area is blank, click it for about 2 seconds and it should start playing in full screen. Same goes for youtube, but it should be a similar process. Its like when u hold down on a flash video, the top banner pops up with the full screen button, press it and it works, but u can't see the button so u have to guess lol

Posted on the Vega :-)

Guest ParanoidSPV
Nope / nada / non / niet (etc :unsure: )

Doesn't matter if I start in recovery / normal mode, I can see the Vega in device manager (NVIDIA Boot or USB mass storage device) but can't see it via adb

Forget the recovery mode.

When it is in normal mode remove the USB Mass Storage device look if you have anything under USB Devices called Android Debug Bridge, or composive device... if you do then remove them also and scan for hardware changes when it then ask you for drivers install the ones that are in poul's roms... Not the ones from advent...

Also read the guide for your os here http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...-driver-guides/

i had that problem that it was installed as the wrong device in my Win 7 also but looking at the win7 guide from the link did give me a hint that i have to use pouls drivers... i was trying to use my Google USB Drivers from the android sdk.. :)

Guest jerrysimon
The back->power->back combo does work but it seems much more difficult to get it right after A4. I had to try maybe 8 or 10 times where before I could almost always get to nvflash first time.

The adb commands will reboot you into CWM recovery, unfortunately no good for you as the internal memory needs to be reformatted with different partition sizes which can't be done through CWM.

Just keep trying the back->power->back combo, it will work.

- mud

Thanks for that mud. As you say you have to keep trying.

I am going to to move to Vegacomb eventually as I was very impressed with it, but for now have gone back to to an earlier 2.2 Rom.

Regards

Jerry

Guest MaxiP
By hung do you mean finished and didn't reboot?

As far as I know that's fine - in fact I think it happens to me every time.

Simply reboot and the restore should be in place ^^

Zeb

PS : If it doesn't work, PM me. There's no reason why it shouldn't be fine if it completed, if it isn't then I'm interested to figure out why ^^. Thanks

Hi Zeb - tried the restore again and same thing as stopped / hung with the Nvidia message on the screen. Powered off / on but no successful boot. To get it working, will regfash with Advent 1.09 then MCR R8 then NANDRIOD restore.

Thanks for your help

Guest dexta211
Can anyone using VegaComb ALPHA4 actually reboot into recovery using ROM Manager?

None of the usual apps do anything when asked to reboot into recovery... so no!

Guest Zebrahead
Hi Zeb - tried the restore again and same thing as stopped / hung with the Nvidia message on the screen. Powered off / on but no successful boot. To get it working, will regfash with Advent 1.09 then MCR R8 then NANDRIOD restore.

Thanks for your help

Hmmm... And it does complete the restoration properly? If it does then the only thing I can think of is maybe the backup is corrupt in some way.

The one click restorer is the stock restorer, it just replaces the stock files with your own... It should work with HC, this alpha release is the one click restorer, it just restores a honeycomb backup.

I'm sorry there's not much more I can suggest. Try an older backup or stock (at least then we'll be able to confirm that the backup was corrupt or something).

If you want to examine the backup to possibly restore some of it manually, there's some tools that will help you do it. Check the toolbox in on my website - I've started keeping a bunch of useful tools there.

Good luck,

Zeb

Guest Zebrahead

Also (sorry to double post, but they're unrelated),

Am I missing something with regard to getting a google account connected? Mine won't connect at all.

Thanks in advance,

Zeb

Guest D0cZ

hmmm it's me or the color quality is pretty crappy compared to corvus5 rom?

I mean, when u're waiting or transitions you can see clearly that horrible gradient effect

=(

but everything is working fine *-*

Guest pcwhirled
Managed to get flash working on the stock browser, installed flash 10.3 from market, then on I player site choose a programme wait for the page to load, you'll see the video area is blank, click it for about 2 seconds and it should start playing in full screen. Same goes for youtube, but it should be a similar process. Its like when u hold down on a flash video, the top banner pops up with the full screen button, press it and it works, but u can't see the button so u have to guess lol

Posted on the Vega :-)

By Jove I think you've got it. Your method does indeed play shows at the Iplayer site, seek and pause work perfectly in full screen. Thanks for the tip.

Guest MaxiP
Hmmm... And it does complete the restoration properly? If it does then the only thing I can think of is maybe the backup is corrupt in some way.

The one click restorer is the stock restorer, it just replaces the stock files with your own... It should work with HC, this alpha release is the one click restorer, it just restores a honeycomb backup.

I'm sorry there's not much more I can suggest. Try an older backup or stock (at least then we'll be able to confirm that the backup was corrupt or something).

If you want to examine the backup to possibly restore some of it manually, there's some tools that will help you do it. Check the toolbox in on my website - I've started keeping a bunch of useful tools there.

Good luck,

Zeb

Getting a bit frustrated as I can't restore !

Copied flash.cfg into the tools folder (again) and ran oneclickrestore again and according to the command prompt, everything completes however devices shows 'Entering NvFlash recovery mode / Nv3p server' on the screen. If I restart manually (hold down power for 10 seconds, leave for 30 seconds, power on), nothing - backlight comes on as if the device was booting but doesn't get any further.

Fault must be with my PC / drivers as I'm having great difficulty (i.e. can't) even getting MCR r8 put back onto it in order to do a Nandroid restore. I tried installing CWM on 1.09 but gave me an error when trying to boot into recovery :unsure:

Ah well, time to get some more coffee & try again.....

Guest simonta
Getting a bit frustrated as I can't restore !

Copied flash.cfg into the tools folder (again) and ran oneclickrestore again and according to the command prompt, everything completes however devices shows 'Entering NvFlash recovery mode / Nv3p server' on the screen. If I restart manually (hold down power for 10 seconds, leave for 30 seconds, power on), nothing - backlight comes on as if the device was booting but doesn't get any further.

Fault must be with my PC / drivers as I'm having great difficulty (i.e. can't) even getting MCR r8 put back onto it in order to do a Nandroid restore. I tried installing CWM on 1.09 but gave me an error when trying to boot into recovery :unsure:

Ah well, time to get some more coffee & try again.....

Try YAUDIG and AUDI to get the drivers on. Just try using the original install method. Put the Vega into recovery, AUDI will tell you if you've got it (although it's misbehaving a little so back it up by looking in device manager - you will see either APX or "NVidia Harmony" if you are in recovery.

Guest MaxiP
Try YAUDIG and AUDI to get the drivers on. Just try using the original install method. Put the Vega into recovery, AUDI will tell you if you've got it (although it's misbehaving a little so back it up by looking in device manager - you will see either APX or "NVidia Harmony" if you are in recovery.

The bizarre thing is that I can get into recovery (PC sees device) but when I run adb devices, nothing listed ! I'll try YAUDIG later on to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks

Guest ParanoidSPV
The bizarre thing is that I can get into recovery (PC sees device) but when I run adb devices, nothing listed ! I'll try YAUDIG later on to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks

You should not be running zonealarm firewall on your computer... i had that one one of my computers and i could forget about nvflash and adb on that computer as zonealarm did block them.

even when i did add it to approved apps... So i did end using a small laptop i have with xp on and no zonealarm...

So after the last reinstall i did not install zonealarm again.. :unsure:

Guest moghm

Excellent work, turns the vega into a new beast and exposes the limitations of the screen even further now, haha. I am getting a bit worried, and I know this is only alpha and the problems I am having are probably down to that. But, i was getting serious performance issues when playing around with this rom, for example buttons not reacting, apps not launching, force close, etc etc. I hope the vega hardware is up to the job ? what do u think ?

Guest owenoliver1
Excellent work, turns the vega into a new beast and exposes the limitations of the screen even further now, haha. I am getting a bit worried, and I know this is only alpha and the problems I am having are probably down to that. But, i was getting serious performance issues when playing around with this rom, for example buttons not reacting, apps not launching, force close, etc etc. I hope the vega hardware is up to the job ? what do u think ?

its the best your gonna get so far because of the gpu and dual core so its perfect it just because its alpha once its all together and normal itll be super fast and hopefully 4.1

Guest moghm
its the best your gonna get so far because of the gpu and dual core so its perfect it just because its alpha once its all together and normal itll be super fast and hopefully 4.1

cant wait

Guest Tony Williams

I get the same issues with the screen especially along the top edge, selecting tabs in the browser, searching in the market etc. also when selecting buttons, par for the course with an Alpha release and will i'm sure be sorted as the rom progresses. The hardware is up to the job i'm sure and this is demonstrated by how well this alpha runs already.

Guest moghm
I get the same issues with the screen especially along the top edge, selecting tabs in the browser, searching in the market etc. also when selecting buttons, par for the course with an Alpha release and will i'm sure be sorted as the rom progresses. The hardware is up to the job i'm sure and this is demonstrated by how well this alpha runs already.

Thanks, I thought that also. This rom also defaults the CPU to 1.5ghz. That sounds a bit dangerous to me or is it ok to run at that speed ?