[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest RicardoP

Flashed Beta1a and all is good in the land of Honeycomb :unsure:

Apart from a few apps thar FC.

You guys are the best.

Guest remlap

Just tried Bluetooth, its turning bluetooth on but not finding any devices, they being ZTE Blade and Bluetooth Keyboard.

It's a start for sure :unsure:

Guest alfe

All good, but one of the apps im using seems to uninstall afer every boot! The icon stays on homescreen but says cannot load app when i pres it. Anyone got flash working? Im going to stick with this great rom, thanks again guys

Guest Stevonator

You two are legends!

I've just installed Beta1a it's launching as I type and I'll let you know what I think :unsure:

Cheers guys once again you're absolutely FANTASTIC!

Guest tabor56

Honeycomb is amazing on Vega, i had a little play around and the major issue i had is that no apps would run, i would install the app and then it would either crash when run or

work for a little bit then not show as installed. The main app i was testing was Angry Birds Rio. Also Flash would not load, even after installing 10.3.

Keep up the good work though, to get to where you are with it is truly amazing.

Guest Stevonator

Ye following on from Tabor a few apps still FC.

Also the entire system crashed when I browsed to the Desktop version of YouTube. I had to forcefully shut my vega down. Also something else, it's not to annoying, but it's something which you may be able to look at is the Music app.

Even though I have music on my SD card, it takes a few reboots and a lot of time before any of those music files show up in the music app. If you're not sure what I'm on about it's the headphones icon :unsure:

Good points however include it's much faster, Email works !! WOOHOO! Haven't tested bluetooth I'll test that tomorrow and connecting to a wifi network is so much faster! Also the dolby icon in the settings screen has been totally removed which I'm glad because everytime I touched it it force closed.

All things considered, when you think that this system is not meant for honeycomb, you've done an amazing job of porting it.

Cheers guys :)

Looking forward to Beta1b. Or Beta 2 maybe :P Who knows!! ;)

Edited by Stevonator

Guest warriorscot
When I was using Corvus5 I had about 300Mb RAM free if I cleared all unneeded apps. In Beta1a I can only get a max of 175mb. Does Honeycombe actually use that much more ram or are other factors at work.

It will use more but Android itself uses ram differently. Back in the day it used to be that the goal was to keep as much ram as possible free so it was available for loading new programs. But modern CPUs and RAM are faster so the current technique for best performance is to load everything possible in RAM so its always available and to dump stuff only when it has to. Windows actually tries to run like this but the boys at MS had to tone it down because you get numpties going "OMG Windows 7 uses ALL my memory EPIC FAIL" when in fact it makes things run better.

Well done on the beta lads very good, if you can get the office apps to run without FCing it will be fine for daily use for a lot of us. No aldiko either but found an alternative that works on the market. Could the aldiko and office programs be the same bug since both use a fair chunk of the same code for text processing.

Definately getting more lockups in the beta but might be the overclock going to lower it and see what happens.

Edited by warriorscot

Guest jonnyspuruk

Hi

Much repect to Corvus and Newbe for this rom....superb work chaps!!!!!!!!!

Few issues that i am finding are:

1.Gallery does not work properly- just repeatedly flashes when opened and all photos, vidoes etc just flash.

2.No videos on my sd card play... when opened just get "video cannot be played". These have worked on all pre honey comb roms.

3.I get several system freezes when starting games that require hard shutdown.

4.On reboot loads of apps have disappeared. I have to physically eject sd card and place back for apps to re-appear.

5. Some games that i had previously installed to sd card now require placing back onto vega memory to work.

6. Flash only works in full screen. No browser flash plays unless you can somehow work out where the fullscreen link is ( easy on bbc iplayer)

I know this is first beta release and it amazes me how fast you guys are running with this but thought i would add me feedback.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Guest dalxr

HELP... installed the rom but all i am getting on reboot is the shiney android writing flashes up then goes away then comes up again and goes away does this a few times and the vega gives up and turns off..... HELP PLEASE

Guest jonnyspuruk
HELP... installed the rom but all i am getting on reboot is the shiney android writing flashes up then goes away then comes up again and goes away does this a few times and the vega gives up and turns off..... HELP PLEASE

Revert back to 1.09

install cwm

place beta1a zip on sd card

boot into recovery and install beta1a zip

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

reboot and will boot up just fine

i had exactly the same issue as you and this solved it

Edited by jonnyspuruk

Guest jonnyspuruk
But it wont let me into recovery mode fella..... back 2 power 2bla bla and nothing.

yeah it will

Place the Advent Vega into recovery mode by:

o Turn the Vega off by holding down the POWER button for 6 seconds

o Once off, hold the BACK button down for 2 seconds

o Then, whilst keeping the BACK button held, press and hold the POWER button for 2 seconds

o Then release just the POWER button but keep holding the BACK button for a further 2 seconds

o Release the BACK button

it wont do anything on screen but your computer will have recognised vega in recovery mode and then flash back to stock rom. You have to be very precise with buttons and literally only 2 secs

Guest dalxr
yeah it will

Place the Advent Vega into recovery mode by:

o Turn the Vega off by holding down the POWER button for 6 seconds

o Once off, hold the BACK button down for 2 seconds

o Then, whilst keeping the BACK button held, press and hold the POWER button for 2 seconds

o Then release just the POWER button but keep holding the BACK button for a further 2 seconds

o Release the BACK button

it wont do anything on screen but your computer will have recognised vega in recovery mode and then flash back to stock rom. You have to be very precise with buttons and literally only 2 secs

Well i must have done something massively wrong as i just had to re install all the drivers..... am just downloading the rom onto vega tools and will see how i get on.

Now getting code ten error... nothing will find the vega in vega tools... is getting late i need to sleep but miss the vega already lol

Have tried vega tools and standard loader but neither find the vega (usb device) have put it into recovery mode and the computer detects it as it makes the found hardware sound but it does not show in device manager... however when i just power it up it does find it but then obviously its no in recovery. I am lost and i have lost the battle tonight and am off to bed.

Done... wrong drivers gggrrrrrr waiting reboot Thanks guys

Edited by dalxr

Guest craskman

Corv, newby,

Great work work, getting better every day.

Just one little one for now, I have noticed that vega starts to lag badly, after multiple apps open and messing around. Actually, it reach a point where completely gets frozen.

I was looking into the init.rc and I think there are few things wrong there, around task management. Some figures are too high and they do not correspond as expected.

I extracted the boot/ramdisk and I changed the init.rc with similar values I am using with my N1. I didn't noticed more speed but I noticed that lags less and it is not getting frozen anymore.

Here the lines I have changed:

# Define the oom_adj values for the classes of processes that can be

# killed by the kernel. These are used in ActivityManagerService.

setprop ro.FOREGROUND_APP_ADJ 0

setprop ro.VISIBLE_APP_ADJ 1

setprop ro.PERCEPTIBLE_APP_ADJ 2

setprop ro.HEAVY_WEIGHT_APP_ADJ 3

setprop ro.SECONDARY_SERVER_ADJ 4

setprop ro.BACKUP_APP_ADJ 5

setprop ro.HOME_APP_ADJ 6

setprop ro.HIDDEN_APP_MIN_ADJ 7

setprop ro.EMPTY_APP_ADJ 15

# Define the memory thresholds at which the above process classes will

# be killed. These numbers are in pages (4k).

# These are currently tuned for tablets with approx 1GB RAM.

setprop ro.FOREGROUND_APP_MEM 2048

setprop ro.VISIBLE_APP_MEM 3072

setprop ro.PERCEPTIBLE_APP_MEM 4096

setprop ro.HEAVY_WEIGHT_APP_MEM 4096

setprop ro.SECONDARY_SERVER_MEM 6144

setprop ro.BACKUP_APP_MEM 6144

setprop ro.HOME_APP_MEM 6144

setprop ro.HIDDEN_APP_MEM 7168

setprop ro.EMPTY_APP_MEM 8192

# Write value must be consistent with the above properties.

# Note that the driver only supports 6 slots, so we have HOME_APP at the

# same memory level as services.

write /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj 0,1,2,4,7,15

write /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory 1

write /proc/sys/vm/min_free_order_shift 4

write /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree 2048,3072,4096,6144,7168,8192

All these 4 groups of attributes are related.

Let me know if this helps.

CrK

Edited by craskman

Guest SeiferTV

Just a quick question before I install this ( been wanting to do it for days ).

Lets say I install this rom using CWM, what do I need to do to boot into CW Recovery again? ( not the stock vega one, that uses the infamous button combination )

I mean, I want to try it, but I'd like to be able to return to my current setup without having to flash stock ( because I seem to have lost my physical ability to access the vega stock recovery)

Am I making any sense at all? xD

So, tl;dr : If I flash this, how would I go about booting into ClockworkMod Recovery?

Thanks and honor and glory for the brave devs.

Guest HunteronX
Corv, newby,

Great work work, getting better every day.

Just one little one for now, I have noticed that vega starts to lag badly, after multiple apps open and messing around. Actually, it reach a point where completely gets frozen.

I was looking into the init.rc and I think there are few things wrong there, around task management. Some figures are too high and they do not correspond as expected.

I extracted the boot/ramdisk and I changed the init.rc with similar values I am using with my N1. I didn't noticed more speed but I noticed that lags less and it is not getting frozen anymore.

Here the lines I have changed:

# Define the oom_adj values for the classes of processes that can be

# killed by the kernel. These are used in ActivityManagerService.

setprop ro.FOREGROUND_APP_ADJ 0

setprop ro.VISIBLE_APP_ADJ 1

setprop ro.PERCEPTIBLE_APP_ADJ 2

setprop ro.HEAVY_WEIGHT_APP_ADJ 3

setprop ro.SECONDARY_SERVER_ADJ 4

setprop ro.BACKUP_APP_ADJ 5

setprop ro.HOME_APP_ADJ 6

setprop ro.HIDDEN_APP_MIN_ADJ 7

setprop ro.EMPTY_APP_ADJ 15

# Define the memory thresholds at which the above process classes will

# be killed. These numbers are in pages (4k).

# These are currently tuned for tablets with approx 1GB RAM.

setprop ro.FOREGROUND_APP_MEM 2048

setprop ro.VISIBLE_APP_MEM 3072

setprop ro.PERCEPTIBLE_APP_MEM 4096

setprop ro.HEAVY_WEIGHT_APP_MEM 4096

setprop ro.SECONDARY_SERVER_MEM 6144

setprop ro.BACKUP_APP_MEM 6144

setprop ro.HOME_APP_MEM 6144

setprop ro.HIDDEN_APP_MEM 7168

setprop ro.EMPTY_APP_MEM 8192

# Write value must be consistent with the above properties.

# Note that the driver only supports 6 slots, so we have HOME_APP at the

# same memory level as services.

write /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj 0,1,2,4,7,15

write /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory 1

write /proc/sys/vm/min_free_order_shift 4

write /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree 2048,3072,4096,6144,7168,8192

All these 4 groups of attributes are related.

Let me know if this helps.

CrK

Please could you upload the boot.img file? I've been trying to unpack the image on Windows, to no avail...

Guest HunteronX
Does anyone can tell me where I did wrong?????? Help I stock in the this pics~~~~Please :unsure:

12991198.jpg

All you can do is try to reflash the 1.09 stock rom.

Guest yunpo123

So I only need to "VegaComb-BETA1a.zip" into the SD card, And I just poured in the press the "Reboot utility APK" on it ?

All you can do is try to reflash the 1.09 stock rom.

Guest ukstrider

Guys I have just got up after late night trying to sort my wifi problem out, I have flashed back to stock rom and still get the 'scanning, obtaining ip address,disconnection, scanning etc problem, so I dont think it is a specific vegacomb fault, but this only started when I flashed this rom? anyone know what my problem could be? I have even tried flashing to corvus5, which ran very well before the alphas.

Guest shutdown
Guys I have just got up after late night trying to sort my wifi problem out, I have flashed back to stock rom and still get the 'scanning, obtaining ip address,disconnection, scanning etc problem, so I dont think it is a specific vegacomb fault, but this only started when I flashed this rom? anyone know what my problem could be? I have even tried flashing to corvus5, which ran very well before the alphas.

Do you connect using a WEP?

My router as a wep and i get stuck in the same wifi loop but turn off wep and it connects

Have tried this, suprised how well it runs ... yes there are thinga wromng with it, but its perfectly usable.

One problem I have seen though is that no games will run full screen without the bar at the bottom, any way around that?

Newbe5 and Corvus, can you make a rom that isnt overclocked by default please. I really dont want to have to mess around getting SetCPU (which isnt free either) installed whilst all the my poor Vega is being overclocked, probably to melting point.

Making a Rom which is overclocked by default and not giving any other options seems the wrong way round to me. The Rom should be stock speed and then if people want to overclock they can download the tools to do it. At the very least just provide two Roms, one overclocked, one without. I wont be using this Rom on a permanant basis till we get this option.

Otherwise keep up the good work!

Guest ukstrider
Do you connect using a WEP?

My router as a wep and i get stuck in the same wifi loop but turn off wep and it connects

Thanks for the suggestion but no I am using wpa security, I have fixed it by rebooting the router, never thought of this my laptop was always connecting so didnt think of this

Guest stevie_mac
Have tried this, suprised how well it runs ... yes there are thinga wromng with it, but its perfectly usable.

One problem I have seen though is that no games will run full screen without the bar at the bottom, any way around that?

Newbe5 and Corvus, can you make a rom that isnt overclocked by default please. I really dont want to have to mess around getting SetCPU (which isnt free either) installed whilst all the my poor Vega is being overclocked, probably to melting point.

Making a Rom which is overclocked by default and not giving any other options seems the wrong way round to me. The Rom should be stock speed and then if people want to overclock they can download the tools to do it. At the very least just provide two Roms, one overclocked, one without. I wont be using this Rom on a permanant basis till we get this option.

Otherwise keep up the good work!

search overclock on the market - there are a few free tools.