[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest HunteronX
I've managed to get Documents to Go to run OK.

Getting FC's with lots of other apps though. Some issues do not happen everytime. Just now and again.

This is probably due to them being installed on the SD card. Move them to the tablet memory, and they should run fine. I don't know why though...

Also, to get more space, use Link2SD, and create a 2nd ext2 partition on your SD card. 1GB is fine for me, at least.

Guest CoWPlagued

Just a quick update.

I've done a check on Bluetooth and although it's now been enabled I can't seem to get anything out of it. Anyone else had any joy? I've been unable to see any discoverable devices (phones/gps) and setting it to discoverable doesn't seem to do anything.

I've also had the 216Mhz sticking bug :) I'd hoped that would have died with honeycomb, but it must be something still lurking in the kernel.

More than happy to test anything.

Just as a side note would people please stop asking for help on how to install or problems with looping, people have been kind enough to repeat the same information time and time again in this very thread but it's starting to grate a little :unsure:

Guest rnotenboom
anyone get angry birds working with this?

nope not yet! i dont know why to be honest because other games like baseball doenst give a fc

Guest phil8715
anyone get angry birds working with this?

Yes actually.

go into settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Select Angry Birds and move to Tablet.

It worked for me.

Guest rubbery
Just a quick update.

I've done a check on Bluetooth and although it's now been enabled I can't seem to get anything out of it. Anyone else had any joy? I've been unable to see any discoverable devices (phones/gps) and setting it to discoverable doesn't seem to do anything.

I've also had the 216Mhz sticking bug :) I'd hoped that would have died with honeycomb, but it must be something still lurking in the kernel.

More than happy to test anything.

Just as a side note would people please stop asking for help on how to install or problems with looping, people have been kind enough to repeat the same information time and time again in this very thread but it's starting to grate a little :unsure:

I've had same experience with bluetooth, it turns on fine but can't look to phones or wayfinder gps device

Guest Tony Williams
Yes. Move it to the internal memory.

Yes restored angry birds with titanium backup and it kept force closing, moved it to the tablet and it works fine. Beta 1 works well for me so far no freezes and only a couple of force closes but only really using it for web browsing, facebook etc so not really over taxing it.

Guest 318vert
Fantastic job guys. Unfortunately I do rather need QuickOffice to work so will have to go back to Corvus5 for the moment, but it does look good.

Cheers!

Installed and works fine for me

me too , most apps games seem to fc a few apps have completely locked the system and i get differing aps appearing in my apps folder every time i reboot?? But i have ,since getting the vega, got used to strange things happening and like somebody else posted a while back it is incredible how far newbe5 and corvus have gone with this in just a few days :unsure:

This is because sd caard isnt being mounted properly on boot. Remove sd card and reinsert, works for me.

Im defo getting more freezes in Beta 1 than in Alpha 4. Havent installed any more/different apps either. Also Books was there after installing Beta 1 but just vanished later on. Calendar isnt there also, not sure if that was there after the install but went later. Other gapps have remained which is odd why its losing some.

Loving the general speed of the ROM and havent had a single FC, just a load of lockups and needs to reboot.

I reinstalled books app from xda and then wiped date with titanium and app works fine

Hey just installed this rom and its working well. I did have loads of freezing and the book app going walkies. I don't know what happened to books as the application manager says it is still there, I seem to have sorted the freezing though by turning the clock speed down to 1.2ghz. I am posting with the vegacomb now :-)

Answered above

Just need working usb host/slave and bluetooth now

Guest mediavue
Yes actually.

go into settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Select Angry Birds and move to Tablet.

It worked for me.

Thanks - that sorted it - now my wife will be happy!

Guest premieral
This is probably due to them being installed on the SD card. Move them to the tablet memory, and they should run fine. I don't know why though...

Also, to get more space, use Link2SD, and create a 2nd ext2 partition on your SD card. 1GB is fine for me, at least.

i am using link2sd but most apps still fc :unsure: so that hasnt solved my issue, also tried downloading and reinstalling some apps in case it was because the titanium backup versions weren`t compatible ( dumb i know but thought i would try everything ) now have run out of ideas, back to corvus5 now as i need it a bit more stable so sorry i cant help you guys with more constructive notes , but im still loving your work :)

Guest premieral
This is because sd caard isnt being mounted properly on boot. Remove sd card and reinsert, works for me.

thanks for the advice but i tried this first along with a few other things and didn`t help, also noticed that strangely after every reboot some apks would dissappear and others would reappear :unsure: lol freakin android

Guest rferrett

You know it is amazing that this is already in Beta. Just can't believe it.

Hopefully the AOSP or a branded P10ANO official 3.0 rom will come out because I am betting on this form Newbe and Corvus will create the best damn honeycomb rom around. Great stuff fellahs!

Guest Nano2k

Enjoying the ROM thanks for the hard work. I had to clock it down a little though.

Sorry if its been talked aboutbefore, flash is not working for me, i might get sounds but no gfx, is that the way it is right now? Read about clicking on the vid location but that does nothing for me.

Guest agolding
Enjoying the ROM thanks for the hard work. I had to clock it down a little though.

Sorry if its been talked aboutbefore, flash is not working for me, i might get sounds but no gfx, is that the way it is right now? Read about clicking on the vid location but that does nothing for me.

on the bbc website i get no video until i double press to make it full screen if that helps?

Guest jonnyspuruk

Hi

Does anyone know how to make this rom mount the SD card properly on boot and stay mounted. On every single boot all media or apps stored to SD card are not visible and gallery shows no files. I have to physicallly remove and reinsert SD card. Media scanner then runs, files are found but then dissapear shortly afterwards again.. this is very frustrating as I have tried several reflashes butsame every time.

Thx

Guest Dickins
Make sure to wipe b4 you flash

I must say thus beta1 is brilliant and very usable , thanks :-)

Fixed now, thanks.

- Dickins

Guest spacecadetuk

Same for me, i think it's just the way it is at the moment

Guest newbe5

OK, so about Flash :unsure: Hardware rendering is spotty at best right now. It works, kinda, but only kinda. Stuff that's more intensive, like flash, is going to be poor right now unfortunately. This is being worked on but is incredibly difficult to fix! Software rendered players work well enough, and we realize there are other issues in the OS that need to be addressed. The initial development surge was like a huge burst of adrenaline, which all us devs were riding for a while, but now we have kinda crashed, and are very tired :)

Give us a few days, and we will try and get back on top of everything. I am working on making as much as possible function in the Beta stage. But this ROM will not move out of beta until proper HW rendering has been achieved. Until then, unfortunately, some things will be slightly spotty.

We will try our best, thanks for all the support!

newbe5

Guest dagrim1

Haha, thanks newbe5...

It's amazing what you guys have already achieved... Take some time and well deserved rest because we all know users always find more things they want and wish for.

At the moment it's quite usable as a day to day rom, still went back to corvus5 though because of speed and stability. If I was the only one using it I'd might stick to vegacomb but as my girlfriend also used it (and she is less techy and just wants things to work) vegacomb is just not quite good enough yet.

Still, massive props for the work delivered so far!

Been testing Beta1a (at 1Ghz) ...

It seems pretty stable, as others have said top work for getting it shoehorned into the Vega in the first place.

Some things that I have noticed:

Buttons on the bottom left and the notification area are a little unresponsive at times.

Quite a few games FC straight away (All Angry Birds, Recklass Racing .. in fact most of the games I use)

Wireless is still sometimes a little temperamental.

Dithering on images (like wallpaper) seems particulary bad (not sure if this is the actual screen though)

No notifications while screen is off (even though wifi is still on)

Guest huwwatkins

I may have missed something but there were quite a few nice wallpapers in the alpha builds that are missing in the beta?

Guest ZooRider

For "Angry Birds"

Click "Setting" select "Applications->Manage applications"

Click on Angry Birds and click "Move to Tablet" wait until it done.

And try open game again.

Quite a few games FC straight away (All Angry Birds, Recklass Racing .. in fact most of the games I use)
Edited by ZooRider

Guest CoWPlagued

Cheers for the update newbe5.

Here's a colation of a few of my/and others findings so far, that might aid in any bug fixes/changes.

as you have stated Hardware rendering isn't working properly yet, so flash does not work on web pages

Some youtube vids play in youtube app but not others

wifi does not always re connect

updates/notifications do not work in the background when the device is sleeping

SD card does not mount correctly, apps installed to SD card do not always run, go missing

Music on SD card isn't identified by the music app, but will on a clean SD card

hardware Lock button on the top does not function

sometimes does not wake up past 216Mhz (although this seems to happen less than 2.2)

gallary app crashes

buttons right at the edge of the screen are sometimes unresponsive

1.5Ghz seems too high for some people

bluetooth doesn't work

Camera doesn't work

Some queries as to init.rc memory settings, but this doesn't seem to be an issue.

You deserve a rest :unsure: