[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest HypoTurtle

Should flash be working at the minute, I thought it shouldn't be but have seen some posts of people saying it works but is just patchy, I can't get it to install.

Also do the devs need or have a list anywhere where we can list anything that isn't working or is patchy?

Well great work guys anyway keep up the good work.

Guest newbe5
PEAP and MVSCHAP v2

P.D: MVSCHAP or something like that :unsure: LOL

Yup, had a strong feeling that wouldn't work, but don't have a PEAP network here to test it with :) I will bear this in mind and see if I can hunt down anything to help fix it, did this work with Corvus5?

Guest newbe5
Should flash be working at the minute, I thought it shouldn't be but have seen some posts of people saying it works but is just patchy, I can't get it to install.

Also do the devs need or have a list anywhere where we can list anything that isn't working or is patchy?

Well great work guys anyway keep up the good work.

I read this thread, the one at XDA and the one on TabletROMS. I am a mod at TabletROMs and keep my eye on that a lot, so here, or there, up to you :P

I might miss some stuff, this thread has exploded and it's been hard for me to keep up, but I have people feeding me bugs and info from all over so it's a good bet that I'm aware of them eventually. Don't let that stop you though, bu if you read through this thread it's a good bet it's been mentioned already :unsure:

I DO know about a lot of issue (yup, there are still a ton of bugs ;)) and I (we!) are working on them :) I know that one of the biggest issues people have right now is instability with the default clock speed, but Corvus is on holiday right now, and he's the Kernel KING, so I don't want to poke around in his kernel TOO much (I've already made some changes :o impatience!), it's better that we wait for his return for that particular issue... But that's not stopping me carry on regardless! :P

newbe5

Edited by newbe5

Guest Remington Steale
I read this thread, the one at XDA and the one on TabletROMS. I am a mod at TabletROMs and keep my eye on that a lot, so here, or there, up to you :P

I might miss some stuff, this thread has exploded and it's been hard for me to keep up, but I have people feeding me bugs and info from all over so it's a good bet that I'm aware of them eventually. Don't let that stop you though, bu if you read through this thread it's a good bet it's been mentioned already :unsure:

I DO know about a lot of issue (yup, there are still a ton of bugs ;)) and I (we!) are working on them :) I know that one of the biggest issues people have right now is instability with the default clock speed, but Corvus is on holiday right now, and he's the Kernel KING, so I don't want to poke around in his kernel TOO much (I've already made some changes :o impatience!), it's better that we wait for his return for that particular issue... But that's not stopping me carry on regardless! :P

newbe5

Hardware rendering and exchange support in the mail app are the big issues for me right now, I will keep dipping into the beta's every so often but I will be using Corvus5 for day to day for the foreseeable I think.

Thanks for Corvus5 by the way.

Guest newbe5
Hardware rendering and exchange support in the mail app are the big issues for me right now, I will keep dipping into the beta's every so often but I will be using Corvus5 for day to day for the foreseeable I think.

Exchange support is something I'm definitely working on right now, would be handy for my own use too! :unsure:

newbe5

Guest Remington Steale
Exchange support is something I'm definitely working on right now, would be handy for my own use too! :unsure:

newbe5

Yeah, 2010 security requirements are a killer. I should know I'm the exchange admin....

Guest HypoTurtle

newbe5

I know your about, seem to see you lot everywhere atm. Just thought it would be easier for you lot and us if there was a central base correlating all the issues, I was thinking of something similar to what madmurdock did/does on CM7 on xda with his wishlist in google docs http://mad.fixitfix.it so that we know what you know is an issue and what isn't.

I've noticed the discussion on wifi security that's started I can test a network tomorrow that uses TTLS and PEAP as phase two and can test it tomorrow and on that note is it a known (minor) issue that wifi networks aren't connected to automatically?

Edited by HypoTurtle

Guest Remington Steale
I know your about, seem to see you lot everywhere atm. Just thought it would be easier for you lot and us if there was a central base correlating all the issues, I was thinking of something similar to what madmurdock did/does on CM7 on xda with his wishlist in google docs http://mad.fixitfix.it so that we know what you know is an issue and what isn't.

I've noticed the discussion on wifi security that's started I can test a network tomorrow that uses TTLS and PEAP as phase two and can test it tomorrow and on that note is it a known (minor) issue that wifi networks aren't connected to automatically?

We're kind of lucky that there arent as many Vega owners out there as, say Desire HD's, less people posting "wah, this isnt perfect, fix it now" kind of posts.

The Desire HD threads are a nightmare.........

Yeah, 2010 security requirements are a killer. I should know I'm the exchange admin....

You can bypass the security requirements - I have an apk somewhere that i run on my San Fran, which tells the server i use password entry etc for my phone, but in reality lets me use the swipe (left to right - not join the dots)

Guest Remington Steale
You can bypass the security requirements - I have an apk somewhere that i run on my San Fran, which tells the server i use password entry etc for my phone, but in reality lets me use the swipe (left to right - not join the dots)

I have that one as well. As I said, I am the exchange admin, it would be a bit remiss of me to bypass my own security requirements. I would jump on anyone else I found doing so.

:unsure:

Edited by Remington Steale

I have that one as well. As I said, I am the exchange admin, it would be a bit remiss of me to bypass my own security requirements. I would jump on anyone else I found doing so.

:unsure:

lol - you'll never take me alive!! :)

Guest Panayioti

newbe5

I think your work so far is amazing. I think this because ive only had a small amount of lockups since this has been out and i think th Cpu at 1.5 ghz is not a problem for me but i think my vega had 'adapted' to 1.5 ghz because i used it constant in Corvus5. I use it now for my current rom because its that stable for me. Thanks guys and keep up the good work (but gets some rest in between!!)

Guest frottage

yes these are the big ones - i guess Touchdown will work - but id prefer the stock app to support Exchange ...

Id also like to see flash working - thats a big miss for me as i love using my Vega to watch streaming football - without flash its almost relegated to being an ipad

Guest WWEpsp
Yup, had a strong feeling that wouldn't work, but don't have a PEAP network here to test it with :unsure: I will bear this in mind and see if I can hunt down anything to help fix it, did this work with Corvus5?

It did work on Corvus5, anyway thank you for the work!!

Are you planning do some update.zip? or you will realease a whole new ROM(in case of Beta2)?

Guest Remington Steale
yes these are the big ones - i guess Touchdown will work - but id prefer the stock app to support Exchange ...

Id also like to see flash working - thats a big miss for me as i love using my Vega to watch streaming football - without flash its almost relegated to being an ipad

Once the hardware rendering is fixed, flash should work or at least be a lot better

Guest RicardoP

Just saw this on twitter

@Zebwen

Richard Horsley

OK, corporate email working, thats one to check off the list :) Just got to check that the exchange admin can wipe the device remotely :unsure:

One less item on the list. Great work guys!

Guest simonta
Is there a rough release date for a fully operational Honeycomb ROM? I want to know before I buy a Vega! :unsure:

April the 23rd of November.

No, it might be tomorrow, it might be never. You just have to wait. But why wait? The Vega is fantastic value for money as it is with one of the great custom ROMs on here. Personally, I think we will see HC on the Vega but no good asking when.

Edited by simonta

Guest Remington Steale
April the 23rd of November.

No, it might be tomorrow, it might be never. You just have to wait. But why wait? The Vega is fantastic value for money as it is with one of the great custom ROMs on here. Personally, I think we will see HC on the Vega but no good asking when.

I actually thought it was due next February the 30th??

Guest windin101
does everybody get a force close if they try to view history in the stock browser with this rom?

yes... well I do as well anyway

Guest shutdown

have been using the beta1 since release and have to say....it's a bloody good beta!

a few issues but nothing that's not been reported already but i just wanted to pass on my huge thanks for doing such a grand job with HC already.

The novelty value of my vega had worn off but with HC on it I know it'll make it my top gadget again

Guest mahousaru
Is there a rough release date for a fully operational Honeycomb ROM? I want to know before I buy a Vega! :unsure:

Two Months