[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest Remington Steale
Can anyone confirm that remote wiping actually works in Corvus5? I'm beginning to think that the bootloader doesn't even support it :/

Hmmm, Exchange 2010 only gives the option to block the device, not to wipe it on Corvus5. My desire HD does have the wipe option so I would say it doesnt work.

Oh well, that should make things easier.

Guest mre15
had trouble with the books app it kept deleting

I pushed the apk over a couple four times and in the end it just seemed to stick for some reason and now its always there I think it took about 4 attempts

Do you have a link for the apk

Cheers.

Guest Dave Marchant
I am not sure our Exchange 2007 server is set up to do it, but if so, I will try a bit later today.

I sent down the Remote Wipe command but the Vega seems to have ignored it. I am on Corvus5 with the 0.2 kernel and using Enhanced Email for the Exchange connection (because the native email is rubbish with IMAP which I want for an alternative home email account).

The only other test I could do would be to go back to Stock 1.09, set up standard Exchange email and then try a wipe. Maybe later in the week.

Edited by Dave Marchant

Guest Sir Gash

Unless I am being stupid, it looks like the Calendar is missing in Beta1a, it was there in the Alpha versions. I looked at \system\app directory of the zip file and it is not there. Can anyone provide the APK?

Also, anyone had any luck with Bluetooth yet? It now switches on in Beta1a but doesn't find any devices (and no device finds the Vega when made discoverable).

Great work as always, I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to Froyo or Gingerbread after using this ROM!

Guest frottage
I have got exchange working in beta1a.

I downloaded the latest rom for the adam (update13 in think) and extracted the mail application. I then pushed this to my vega using root explorer and altered the permissions. Worked a treat for mail and calendar which I also extracted from that rom as it was missing from my vega.

Just to say a big thanks to newbe5 and corvus for all the hard work. Loving Honeycomb.

you sir are a genius that works perfectly

any chance someone could attach those apks ?

Guest mxbob
I think I am being silly but how do I change usb mode with this rom, I cant get the sd card to mount.

Cheers.

do you mean you cant get it to mount on a pc? the option to connect the usb hasnt come up since i installed this rom (luckily its not how i usually transfer data to my vega) but i believe the rom is in slave mode by default and host mode is turned on by holding down the back button during power up

Guest dragon2611
I sent down the Remote Wipe command but the Vega seems to have ignored it. I am on Corvus5 with the 0.2 kernel and using Enhanced Email for the Exchange connection (because the native email is rubbish with IMAP which I want for an alternative home email account).

The only other test I could do would be to go back to Stock 1.09, set up standard Exchange email and then try a wipe. Maybe later in the week.

Is secuirty > device administrators available on honeycomb.

I know on my froyo phone i had to tick the box next to roadsync to allow it to wipe my device.

Guest xathras
Fantastic job guys. Unfortunately I do rather need QuickOffice to work so will have to go back to Corvus5 for the moment, but it does look good.

My QuickOffice also FCs in VegaComb, although it works well in CM7. I've been flipping back and forth between the two, which is feasible (using Clockworkmod) but a nuisance. Sometimes older versions of apps work better in strange hardware than the current one so I went searching and found this; http://www.mediafire.com/?pt37dbwttutheqg. It runs and reads some of my Excel 2010 sheets (.xlsx) but not others, unless I save them on my PC as Excel 2003 .xls format. I'm not sure what version it is, but if I click on the Update button it says the the application is up-to-date. If I click the Support button it takes me to a page whose URL contains the string "qoandroid_3.3.51_AM".

This will do me until the issue is resolved, since most of my sheets are no more than alphanumeric ordered lists. I've got used to carrying my Vega around with me rather than my netbook with its massive 9hour battery. :unsure:

Guest ~Jon~

Installed and working on my vega so this is my first post from honeycombe..

If even i can get it installed anyone can. Can't wait for the updates and bug fixes but it seems pretty useable as it is.

Guest mre15
do you mean you cant get it to mount on a pc? the option to connect the usb hasnt come up since i installed this rom (luckily its not how i usually transfer data to my vega) but i believe the rom is in slave mode by default and host mode is turned on by holding down the back button during power up

I tried the back button on boot but it doesnt work.

When I connect it to the pc I get the adb and I get an F drive appear however it says connect drive when clicked. The vega does nothing no options for mount.

Anyone have any ideas.

Guest windin101
can anyone post up the honeycomb yourtube app mines gone :unsure:

again excract the ROM zip file and the apks are located under data\app

Guest SAFC1978
any chance someone could attach those apks ?

Here are the apk's for the email and calendar.

I just copied and pasted them in to the system/app folder using root explorer and then changed the permissions to match the other apk's then restarted.

email - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15893864/Email.apk

calender - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15893864/CalendarGoogle.apk

Guest Graham Macleod

When I connect it to the pc I get the adb and I get an F drive appear however it says connect drive when clicked. The vega does nothing no options for mount.

Anyone have any ideas.

Me too. All I can do is reboot into recovery and mount the USB in CWM. It works, but it's a bit of a pain.

I'm not clear what ought to be happening. Perhaps this is related to the fact that it sees the SD card as USB storage.

Guest mxbob

Anyone have any ideas.

i dont even get the drive appearing but my pc does beep as if it has detected a new device

Guest ace_dynamo
i dont even get the drive appearing but my pc does beep as if it has detected a new device

I may have misunderstood but you're trying to get your PC to connect to the Vega? Don't press anything during boot!

Guest mxbob
I may have misunderstood but you're trying to get your PC to connect to the Vega? Don't press anything during boot!

i dont press anything during boot and i get the new device detected nosie but no drive appears

Guest newbe5
i dont press anything during boot and i get the new device detected nosie but no drive appears

Currently the drive does not mount correctly, so if you connect it to the PC you get no option to share the SD card. We are working on this and hope to have it fixed (or at least bodged :unsure:) ASAP.

newbe5

Guest mre15

I have tried both methods pressing back and not pressing back during boot.

When I dont press back my pc beeps like a connection is present but the pad doesnt give me a notification to mount so thats as far as it gets.

Guest mxbob
Currently the drive does not mount correctly, so if you connect it to the PC you get no option to share the SD card. We are working on this and hope to have it fixed (or at least bodged :)) ASAP.

newbe5

yeah that was what i figured

i was trying to explain that (badly) to the guy who said he was having trouble mounting

ive taken to copying all my data over using an app called pc file sync which copies a set folder wirelessly :unsure:

Guest newbe5
yeah that was what i figured

i was trying to explain that (badly) to the guy who said he was having trouble mounting

ive taken to copying all my data over using an app called pc file sync which copies a set folder wirelessly :unsure:

Don't spend too much time on this. This is now (at least partially) working in the newer unreleased build. We will keep working and release it when we are happy with it :)

newbe5

Guest CrArC

Hey all,

Thought you might want to know the lock-ups (ones that aren't caused by hardware crashes, i.e. tablet keeps working, but atrociously slowly) seem to be memory-related.

Whenever my Vega goes within 50MB of its memory limit, Honeycomb starts seizing up. The closer it gets the worse it gets.

I've managed to keep my Vega running smoothly on Honeycomb for several hours now just by manually killing tasks after I finish with an app. Not an ideal solution but it seems there is something squiffy with the settings that make it assume gobbling up all its memory is cool to do (it doesn't seem to kill anything itself).

Guest Wilb
Hey all,

Thought you might want to know the lock-ups (ones that aren't caused by hardware crashes, i.e. tablet keeps working, but atrociously slowly) seem to be memory-related.

Whenever my Vega goes within 50MB of its memory limit, Honeycomb starts seizing up. The closer it gets the worse it gets.

I've managed to keep my Vega running smoothly on Honeycomb for several hours now just by manually killing tasks after I finish with an app. Not an ideal solution but it seems there is something squiffy with the settings that make it assume gobbling up all its memory is cool to do (it doesn't seem to kill anything itself).

An interesting observation - just installed Advanced Task Killer, set it to aggressive and to kill on screen lock so will see how that goes for the next day or so.