[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest CoWPlagued
OH, btw... BETA 1.3 is NOW OUT!

Have fun :P

newbe5

Jesus, and this is you guys having a rest :rolleyes:

Ok, installed fine and up and running.

Wifi didn't need a reboot but it did need turning off and on again.

Looks like the changes to RAM are apparent as I can get it to show 230MB free, it's quickly back to 180 but that should make a fair difference.

On with the testing

Cheers!!!

Edited by CoWPlagued

Guest remlap

Installed lets see how this one handles :P

USB storage works well.

Bluetooth still not finding devices - but this was not mentioned to be working yet, but tried anyway.

So far seems smoother, but maybe that's just the placebo effect.

Edited by remlap

Guest Panayioti
On 140 or 160 DPI, open the Calculator application... That's why it isn't set to 140 or 160 <_< These frameworks were designed for devices using 120 :P

Have fun :rolleyes:

newbe5

I have read the original post but does flash work now?

Guest Niks10

Can's boot into recovery. The charger is plugged in.

Tried ROM Manager and Quick boor app to boot into recovery but no joy.

Any ideas, how do I force vega into recovery without connecting to a PC, as I have no access to one at the moment.

Guest newbe5
Turning on screenshots forces close

Balls, that was working before, something I have done has buggered it up, will look in to that tomorrow :rolleyes:

Can's boot into recovery. The charger is plugged in.

Tried ROM Manager and Quick boor app to boot into recovery but no joy.

Any ideas, how do I force vega into recovery without connecting to a PC, as I have no access to one at the moment.

BETA 1.3 comes with a working recovery app :P

Guest WWEpsp
On 140 or 160 DPI, open the Calculator application... That's why it isn't set to 140 or 160 <_< These frameworks were designed for devices using 120 :P

Have fun :rolleyes:

newbe5

is wifi PEAP fixed?? i hope there is a YES LOL

anyway it doesnt show on the new features :(

Edited by WWEpsp

Guest Niks10
Balls, that was working before, something I have done has buggered it up, will look in to that tomorrow :rolleyes:

BETA 1.3 comes with a working recovery app :P

Thanks newbe5. I should have been more specific.

I am trying upgrade from beta 1a to 1.3 but can't boot into recovery.

Anyway without connecting to PC/Laptop?

Guest WWEpsp
Thanks newbe5. I should have been more specific.

I am trying upgrade from beta 1a to 1.3 but can't boot into recovery.

Anyway without connecting to PC/Laptop?

yes, go to the market and install ROM manager (the free one), there will be an option named Flash ClockWorld mode tap on it and will install the clockworld, then install gscript lite, make a new script and write on the lines

recovery_2

reboot

and after you execute that script you will be in clockworldmod

:P

Guest Niks10
yes, go to the market and install ROM manager (the free one), there will be an option named Flash ClockWorld mode tap on it and will install the clockworld, then install gscript lite, make a new script and write on the lines

recovery_2

reboot

and after you execute that script you will be in clockworldmod

:P

Thanks a lot.

That worked like a charm...

Guest WWEpsp

I've just installed and yes it works more smooth, some games we're making FC and some threw me some errors, now i've tried a few and it works OK!!

Guest perrin21

So far I'm not loving the new beta. When I press the power button I don't get the option to power off my device. also I just hit power when playing angry birds and I got a black screen and had to force shut down. I'm also getting a launcher force close on startup. Anyone else experiencing this? Seems slow too

Guest spacecadetuk

first impressions are that 1.3 is much smoother and fewer freezes, for me anyway, had a couple of lock-ups but not as many as on 1a,

i have to say i get nearly as much fun flashing and checking out these new ROMS and trouble shooting etc as i do using it,

great work and thanks for the continued effort guys

p.s for anyone interested the first thing i did was underclock it back down to standard

It doesn't seem to like the marketplace as much as 1a, getting a lot of lag and force closes when using the marketplace.

Edited by spacecadetuk

Guest WWEpsp
So far I'm not loving the new beta. When I press the power button I don't get the option to power off my device. also I just hit power when playing angry birds and I got a black screen and had to force shut down. I'm also getting a launcher force close on startup. Anyone else experiencing this? Seems slow too

the only bug i have is the power of bug, but i have tried sleeping the vega while playing Samurai II and it blocked the screen OK, and i unlocked it and continued playing OK. For me its running a little bit smoother than the first BETA, anyways did you wipe dalvik?

Guest Panayioti
It does not and is in the post.

Oh what a shame that would be the only think i think they should work on because beta1.3 is really slick and fast.

Guest perrin21
the only bug i have is the power of bug, but i have tried sleeping the vega while playing Samurai II and it blocked the screen OK, and i unlocked it and continued playing OK. For me its running a little bit smoother than the first BETA, anyways did you wipe dalvik?

Yeh it's wiped, maybe I was a little harsh earlier. It's certainly more stable than the first. Can the colour depth be improved? Would be nice if the volume was higher too.

dolphin browser now works :P and wifi seems a bit better though it still disconnects and needs to be manually reconnected.

The YouTube widget seems a bit unhappy too

Edited by perrin21

Guest adamsharpe

Couldn't access market in beta 1a.

Can now access market in beta 1.3, but cannot download anything, keeps failing??

Need to reload titanium to restore programs etc.

So have gone back to Corvus5 in the meantime.

Any ideas

Guest warriorscot

So good so far had one lock up from the market. But more apps work the office apps still don't but alkido did but the page was cut off at the top similar to CM7 before the bottom bar is minimised can you minimise the notification bar in honeycomb like in CM7.

Love the custom boot screen but honeycombs are hexagonal not pentagonal spent like a whole minute looking at the screen thinking something was a little off before I worked that one out.

Guest stephen337
It does not and is in the post.

I tried the first beta and I got flash video working on the BBC site by double tapping to go full screen

Guest newbe5
So good so far had one lock up from the market. But more apps work the office apps still don't but alkido did but the page was cut off at the top similar to CM7 before the bottom bar is minimised can you minimise the notification bar in honeycomb like in CM7.

Love the custom boot screen but honeycombs are hexagonal not pentagonal spent like a whole minute looking at the screen thinking something was a little off before I worked that one out.

SHHHH! I only noticed that just as I was about to push out the update, but kept my fingers crossed that nobody would notice, trust the pedants to come out to play :P

In the next version, the Honeycombs will gain an extra face! :rolleyes:

newbe5

P.S. working on the lockups, annoying as hell.