[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest CrArC
Maybe of some use to somebody but i was really surprised how slow this rom was at first and it had a lot of lag going through menus and scrolling on the home screen.. and then i noticed a blue spinning circle on one of the screens.. i removed it by dragging to rubbish and now WOW! its super smooth!!

Might be a one off issue of known and i've missed a thread on it.. but if not maybe some use

On first boot it's bound to lock up while it sorts itself out. Thereafter it should be great! I'm loving it so far.

Guest MaxiP

Looks good and works well but still had a FC in polaris office and the same issue with poweramp & cifsmanager.

However, I can't boot to recovery. I've tried CWM and the gscript listed earlier but no joy. Will play a bit longer but suspect a complete rebuild will be needed. Anyone else experienced this ?

* updated from 1.4 & cleared cache (not dalvik) before udate

Edited by MaxiP

Guest CrArC

Ok, one small thing I noticed on 1.5 so far is that it might kill the music player if it's running in the background when you're doing other things. I guess it's just manging memory but I suppose the problem is it thinks the music player process is as unimportant as the million other background processes. Probably an easy fix?

Hardly world ending though! Can't confirm if this is unique to 1.5 as I never tried playing music in the background before (1.4 was a bit slow for it and 1.3 and previous unstable).

But yeah - still the best release yet! Top notch!

Guest newbe5
Looks good and works well but still had a FC in polaris office and the same issue with poweramp & cifsmanager.

However, I can't boot to recovery. I've tried CWM and the gscript listed earlier but no joy. Will play a bit longer but suspect a complete rebuild will be needed. Anyone else experienced this ?

* updated from 1.4 & cleared cache (not dalvik) before udate

Hold power, reboot to recovery is an option in the new shutdown menu :P

Guest Panayioti

Great work guys but there is a small problem, the app drawer misses out the bottom row and puts the apps on the next page. I dont mind but looks stupid.

Thanks a lot anyway.

Guest MaxiP
Hold power, reboot to recovery is an option in the new shutdown menu :P

Brill - that does the trick !

Excellent work and this ROM just gets better and better.

Guest CoWPlagued
Someone just pointed out to me that the light might have devoured Satan and escaped from the pit, seems it might be back after all! :P

Oh god, oh god, oh god....... it is back, I can feel it burning into my soul and that extra minute of battery life....... gone forever!

Great work guys but there is a small problem, the app drawer misses out the bottom row and puts the apps on the next page. I dont mind but looks stupid.

Thanks a lot anyway.

I would assume that it is intentional as the bottom row is reserved for the homescreen preview. Hold down on an app if you want to see what I'm talking about.

Guest newbe5
Oh god, oh god, oh god....... it is back, I can feel it burning into my soul and that extra minute of battery life....... gone forever!

I would assume that it is intentional as the bottom row is reserved for the homescreen preview. Hold down on an app if you want to see what I'm talking about.

Yup, it's intentional...

BETA 1.5.1 is now out! Fixes the Wifi issue some people had on 1.5! You can flash the 1.4to1.5.1 patch directly over 1.5 and it will update you :P

newbe5

Guest Pyr0x64

i just flashed the 1.4 to 1.5.1 update over 1.5 and seem to be having problems with superuser

setcpu says root access not detected

cifs no longer works :P

[edit] found the prob, for some reason su was missing from the bin folder (symlink needed in the updater-script?)

i just copied it from the xbin folder to the bin folder, chmodded it and setcpu and cifs work again *shrug*

Edited by Pyr0x64

Guest CoWPlagued
BETA 1.5.1 is now out! Fixes the Wifi issue some people had on 1.5! You can flash the 1.4to1.5.1 patch directly over 1.5 and it will update you :P

Zoom

Maybe a question for HomerSp but I'm plagued by the 216mhz bug, had it in Corvus5 as well. The cpu apps cannot force it above 216 when it happens, anyone have any suggestions as to how to bumpstart it back. Even if you set the minimum speed over 216 it still locks at 216, maybe a demo kernel that has a minimum of 400 or something.

Guest Panayioti
Zoom

Maybe a question for HomerSp but I'm plagued by the 216mhz bug, had it in Corvus5 as well. The cpu apps cannot force it above 216 when it happens, anyone have any suggestions as to how to bumpstart it back. Even if you set the minimum speed over 216 it still locks at 216, maybe a demo kernel that has a minimum of 400 or something.

Use cputuner its free and doesnt lockup at 216 ghz like setcpu (its setcpu that is the problem)

Guest Panayioti

Yes you are correct but in 1.4 the bottom row had apps in it even though the apps covered the preview of homescreens.

Guest Yogimax
i just flashed the 1.4 to 1.5.1 update over 1.5 and seem to be having problems with superuser

setcpu says root access not detected

cifs no longer works :P

[edit] found the prob, i think the symlink for su is missing from the updater-script

i just copied su from the xbin folder to the bin folder, chmodded it and setcpu and cifs work again *shrug*

Unfortunately, I don't have the technical expertise to do this, the so am left for now without root!

Guest Pyr0x64
Unfortunately, I don't have the technical expertise to do this, the so am left for now without root!

if you have adb working on your pc you can type in a command window:

adb remount

adb shell

cp /system/xbin/su /system/bin/su

chmod 06755 /system/bin/su

exit

Edited by Pyr0x64

Guest NeilLewis22

went from 1.4 to 1.5 as suggested but I still got wifi bug

I dont think its a problem with the full 1.5 just a bug that people have seen more when going from 2.2 to 3.01

Guest CoWPlagued
Use cputuner its free and doesnt lockup at 216 ghz like setcpu (its setcpu that is the problem)

Cheers trying it now and shall report back. I had regular 216 lockups so it shouldn't take long. If setcpu is the problem we should perhaps change the advice to avoid it for the time being

Guest ukstrider

Just observation BBCiplayer workin ok in browser but the iplayer app has a half inch green band at bottom and the picture appears to be in very pale colours with fringeing and a halo effect around any figures, will keep testing,once again great work guys

Guest Nicky J

i get a force close if i try to adjust the volume levels via:

Settings > Sound > Volume

hard buttons work ok, and other volume control apps/widgets seem to work ok (eg audiomanager)

anyone else getting this?

(it did this in 1.4 too)

Edited by Nicky J

Guest il_cholo

updated to 1.5.1 from 1.4 wiped dalvik and still got FC on launcher after it boots

same issue as previous user on volume set up

Edited by il_cholo

Guest CrArC
i get a force close if i try to adjust the volume levels via:

Settings > Sound > Volume

hard buttons work ok, and other volume control apps/widgets seem to work ok (eg audiomanager)

anyone else getting this?

(it did this in 1.4 too)

Me too - instant FC on touching the volume option in that menu.

Guest HypoTurtle
Just observation BBCiplayer workin ok in browser but the iplayer app has a half inch green band at bottom and the picture appears to be in very pale colours with fringeing and a halo effect around any figures, will keep testing,once again great work guys

Had this issue with the app with 1.4 (didn't used to just noticed it today) so is likely nothing to do with the rom (1.5/1.5.1) and more to do with the app

Guest HunteronX
thats what we actually think. But if they're version is stable and fully working then its a great oportunity to steal their stealed ROM.

It is, I saw 'VegaComb' in the 'About Tablet' section of the video, and it said 'BETA1' also.

Edited by HunteronX