[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest iemand met een pov

Great Rom !!!! yesterday evening went to 1.5 and now flashing 1.5.1.

Had some strange behaviour (power menu not reacting and very slow, but after a few reboots it started working and the power button gave the nice new menu :-)

Just did not notice a huge performance improvement yet.

Also Sim is working now (full connection) however still fighting with APN settings because it says "no internet" but that just takes time and google :-)

Regards,

Andrew

Guest matthijskox

1.5 much better than 1.4 speedwise. However, still not near as snappy as Corvus5 but this might be just on my vega. I watched some xoom videos and honeycomb seems much snappier there. Also, in the video by newbe5 it seems snappier than on my vega. For instance, when i press gmail, it takes about a second before it starts up. Is this normal?

Guest newbe5
1.5 much better than 1.4 speedwise. However, still not near as snappy as Corvus5 but this might be just on my vega. I watched some xoom videos and honeycomb seems much snappier there. Also, in the video by newbe5 it seems snappier than on my vega. For instance, when i press gmail, it takes about a second before it starts up. Is this normal?

Are you using overclock? In the video, I was on 1.4ghz overclock :P The ROM is 1ghz as standard.

Guest Scanno

Very nice update. Flashed yesterday to 1.5 and had WIFI problems. The udate to 1.5.1 solved that. Video playback seems to be a lot better.

I also have the firce close on the volume setting. It was there also on 1.4.

A new problem i am having is that link2sd does not work anymore. Link2sd cannot add/change the mount script. Has anybody else got it working??

Does anybody know if the /system partition is too full for link2sd to make the changes or is there another problem.

Oh and the standard browser does not force close when starting a download.

Edited by Scanno

Guest gavinlew

Anyone got Google Music to sync to and from the cloud? using the Music app.

My account is Google Music enabled and sync's to my Desire S successfully, however I don't get the request to sync when running it on Vegacomb.

Guest matthijskox
Are you using overclock? In the video, I was on 1.4ghz overclock :P The ROM is 1ghz as standard.

Yes but what do you set the minimum CPU speed at? And what governor is best, performance or on demand?

Guest nickwarn
Anyone got Google Music to sync to and from the cloud? using the Music app.

My account is Google Music enabled and sync's to my Desire S successfully, however I don't get the request to sync when running it on Vegacomb.

You need to delete the built in one and download from market. It worked for me in both 1.4 and 1.5.1. Good Luck

Guest Remington Steale
Yes but what do you set the minimum CPU speed at? And what governor is best, performance or on demand?

I would appreciate knowing the rest of the settings being used for setcpu as well, also for some reason my copy wont allow me to change method from scaling to anything else?

Edited by Remington Steale

Guest Mr.Nike
You need to delete the built in one and download from market. It worked for me in both 1.4 and 1.5.1. Good Luck

how do you download google music app from the market? It doesn't show when I search for it....

ALso I'm still waiting for my invitation (through proxy as I'm in Uk) ..how long did you have to wait for it?

Thanks

Guest premieral
Cheers trying it now and shall report back. I had regular 216 lockups so it shouldn't take long. If setcpu is the problem we should perhaps change the advice to avoid it for the time being

i only use setcpu and have never had this problem so it cant be setcpu perse it must be a collection of things

Guest Scanno

I am using cpumaster freebfrom the market. Cpumaster is telling me that it is using ondemand with minimum frequency of 760 and maxmum of 1000. I changed to performance and what a big difference that is...... With on demand had a lot of lag with keyboard and switching apps and so on. But with just changing to performance wow....

Guest HunteronX
I am using cpumaster freebfrom the market. Cpumaster is telling me that it is using ondemand with minimum frequency of 760 and maxmum of 1000. I changed to performance and what a big difference that is...... With on demand had a lot of lag with keyboard and switching apps and so on. But with just changing to performance wow....

I think that root permissions aren't being given to apps again, so if you are having problems, try this (enter it into a command prompt or terminal on your PC:

adb remount

adb shell

cp /system/xbin/su /system/bin/su

chmod 06755 /system/bin/su

exit

Also, Scanno, is cpumaster working fine for you, and is it overclocking the cpu as well?

Edited by HunteronX

Guest nosferatu_vos

First of all, awesome work. Loving honeycomb on my POV mobii. :rolleyes:

Only 2 things, the launcher still fc on boot, but its a minor issue.

Second, is that setcpu is saying it is not rooted any more :P

Any ideas?

See now that there is a solution for the root problem. Trying it now

Edited by nosferatu_vos

Guest gavinlew
how do you download google music app from the market? It doesn't show when I search for it....

ALso I'm still waiting for my invitation (through proxy as I'm in Uk) ..how long did you have to wait for it?

Thanks

The apk is available on a number of forums , ive not downloaded it from the market

I think I waited about a week for my invite (proxied via the USA as im in the UK), the invites will arrive -eventually :P

Cheers.

Guest nickwarn

Thanks

Use market enabler and set it to (US) T-Mobile and you should find it, i always do. I never waited because i didnt ask for any invite i just got it. It was sent out to registred XOOM users and i think i became that true some custom rom for my FOLIO it used some motorola stuff. Anyways the Music Beta is great and i got it a week ago

Guest swampyk
I think that root permissions aren't being given to apps again, so if you are having problems, try this (enter it into a command prompt or terminal on your PC:

adb remount

adb shell

exit

Also, Scanno, is cpumaster working fine for you, and is it overclocking the cpu as well?

Hi All,

Can this root issue be fixed using GScript Lite?

If so - what are the commands.

Thanks.

Guest Scanno

adb remount

adb shell

exit

First i do not have any su problems. I understand that the update from 1.4 to 1.5.1 has this problem. The full version does not have that problem. So if you do not mind wiping, flash the full rom and not the update. If you feel lucky you can try the full version without wiping.....

I wiped and installed the full 1.5.1 ROM. I think overclocking is working because i get higher quadrant scores when i overclock to 1400 Mhz. If the scaling works (powersave / ondemand / performance) i do not know. After rebooting cumaster still says performance, but i guess that should be back to ondemand. Unless cpumaster was wrong in the first place. But changing cpu speed works. The quadrant value differences are large enough to draw that conclusion.

Edited by Scanno

Guest Remington Steale

Yep performance mode helped a lot

Guest Scanno
Hi All,

Can this root issue be fixed using GScript Lite?

If so - what are the commands.

Thanks.

No, with gscript this cannot be done. For those commands you will need su.... and that is just the thing you want tohave......

Edited by Scanno

Guest daveleebond

congrats on such a excellent ROM :P

can somebody be so kind as to confirm that links2sd is working on the ROM as the fella in post #1229 seems to indicate no?

As if it does will flash when I get home tonight.

Guest Scanno
congrats on such a excellent ROM :P

can somebody be so kind as to confirm that links2sd is working on the ROM as the fella in post #1229 seems to indicate no?

As if it does will flash when I get home tonight.

Here a screenshot. Link2sd is not working on a fresh install of 1.5.1.

As you can see the screenshot function is working nicely :rolleyes:

post-805791-1306405557_thumb.png

Edited by Scanno

Guest gavinlew
Use market enabler and set it to (US) T-Mobile and you should find it, i always do. I never waited because i didnt ask for any invite i just got it. It was sent out to registred XOOM users and i think i became that true some custom rom for my FOLIO it used some motorola stuff. Anyways the Music Beta is great and i got it a week ago

Cheers, done that all working - enabled Books support in the Market too (the Books app has gone walkies though)

Guest beaker656

What media (video) player are people using with 1.5.1?

Just installed 1.5.1, coming from modaco R8 and tried using mVideoPlayer full and it now does not recognise the files on my sd that it used to so am guessing it's missing

some codecs?

Guest Remington Steale
No, with gscript this cannot be done. For those commands you will need su.... and that is just the thing you want tohave......

I had a few weird issues with root access and adb doesnt work too well from my win 7 64 machine but found that if I use root explorer to copy the su folder from /system/xbin to /system/bin and then use terminal emulator with an su command to do the chmod 06755 /system/bin/su it worked.

Guest Remington Steale
What media (video) player are people using with 1.5.1?

Just installed 1.5.1, coming from modaco R8 and tried using mVideoPlayer full and it now does not recognise the files on my sd that it used to so am guessing it's missing

some codecs?

RockPlayer for Tegra, there is a link to the apk a few pages back