[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest thunderdrone

Hi All. Great work on this. It was very quick to install (via SDcard). First boot was very slow and it seemed to struggle to settle down once started. It took an additional reboot to settle down and then I got a shock when faced with a pattern security request I didn't set up or request.

More importantly, I have been unabe to get the Android Market to successfully download anything, just keep getting the message "Download was unsuccessful". I am connected to the Internet, can retrieve email.

Using an Advent Vega, upgraded from Corvus5 SP1.

It's faster than VegaComb 1.5.2 but still is a little unstable. I have seen around 4 fc's in the first 1/2 hour.

Keep up the great work, it just get's better with each iteration.

Guest simonta
Hi All. Great work on this. It was very quick to install (via SDcard). First boot was very slow and it seemed to struggle to settle down once started. It took an additional reboot to settle down and then I got a shock when faced with a pattern security request I didn't set up or request.

More importantly, I have been unabe to get the Android Market to successfully download anything, just keep getting the message "Download was unsuccessful". I am connected to the Internet, can retrieve email.

It's faster than VegaComb 1.5.2 but still is a little unstable. I have seen around 4 fc's in the first 1/2 hour.

First of all, thanks once again to the guys for their great work. Legendary Vegans! :)

A quick question if I may. In Vegacomb 1.4 and earlier, there was a particular wallpaper I'd like to use which is no longer in the release. I've unpacked 1.4 but can't figure out which app the wallpapers are in. Does anyone know where they are stored?

Many thanks

Simon

Guest winnipeg

Try Settings > Manage applications > Market > Clear data

This solved the Market problem in my case :)

Although I did a full clean install from 1.10 stock eventually.

Guest newbe5
First of all, thanks once again to the guys for their great work. Legendary Vegans! :)

A quick question if I may. In Vegacomb 1.4 and earlier, there was a particular wallpaper I'd like to use which is no longer in the release. I've unpacked 1.4 but can't figure out which app the wallpapers are in. Does anyone know where they are stored?

Many thanks

Simon

Stock wallpapers will either be in Launcher2.apk or framework-res.apk (depending on where the manufacturer put them B)). Have a look in there and you should find the wallpaper you are looking for!

Guest simonta
Stock wallpapers will either be in Launcher2.apk or framework-res.apk (depending on where the manufacturer put them :)). Have a look in there and you should find the wallpaper you are looking for!

Cheers ears.

Guest vulpy
I also had both these problems. The low space notification had me stumped. I had roughly the same amount programs as I had on my CM7 installation (all the biggies certainly). Uninstalling voice and talk, and moving everything I could to link2sd didn't release as much space as it should have done. However, after a couple pf day's use (including booting to recovery a couple of times to do cwm backups), I've suddenly got lots of space again - don't know why.

The force closing issue I had with the stock launcher (only on boot) may be time related. Since setting up a lock screen with a PIN I've noticed that if I leave it on the lock screen for about a minute before entering the PIN the home screen is complete and no fc.

i've managed to get rid of the launcher fc at boot by clearing the dalvik cache... you may want to give it a try!

Guest moghm
Try Settings > Manage applications > Market > Clear data

This solved the Market problem in my case :)

Although I did a full clean install from 1.10 stock eventually.

Cant get market to work after clearing data

Guest vulpy

vegacomb 1.6 is a major hit! speed improvement is f...ing great and stable at a very reasonable level. i had to switch from 1.5.2 back to froyo due to lag issues, now back to the honey pot.... thank you gents, keep up the greeeeeat work!

Guest shingers5
@shingers5

Have you tried another fresh install as ive ran this perfectly for a couple of days now and have none of the mentioned problems. Only issues i have exprienced have all been previously said and are flash and camera.

Yes I have and went back corv5 then 1.5.1 then update 1.5.1 to. 1.6 patch and still after a day or so it grinds to a halt. Can we get this on ex4? We need to bang heads and develop a kernel for this. Trying now 1.6 directly over corv5 no wipe just wipe cache and dalvik cache

Guest phil8715
Is anyone having problems with space, i'm using link2sd and i've only got half a dozen apps installed but i'm getting a low space message in the notification bar and when i check it says i've only got about 50k left but i cant see from my app manager whats using all the space if anything is, the apps i have installed are all moved to sd and i've uninstalled voice, talk and maps and it still says i'm low on space.

Also getting a hell of a lot of fc's using stock browser don't know if the two are linked as i don't see anyone else having an issue with either problem.

Mine too. I've reflashed back to R8. Too many fc's and the launcher keeps fc on start up.

Guest winnipeg
Yes I have and went back corv5 then 1.5.1 then update 1.5.1 to. 1.6 patch and still after a day or so it grinds to a halt. Can we get this on ex4? We need to bang heads and develop a kernel for this. Trying now 1.6 directly over corv5 no wipe just wipe cache and dalvik cache

Bang heads ???

Guest spacecadetuk

well after loads of grief i decided to start from scratch, totally wiped Vega and sdcard reinstalled vegacomb 1.6 from stock and it's running ok but still getting a fair few fc's from the stock browser especially when visiting this site or techradar, not sure if it's elements in the webpage or just the hacked nature of the ROM, i have tried alternate browser's and still get the issue, just something to live with or if it gets too annoying revert back to corvus5.

Still think that this is excellent work though, thanks again.

Guest shingers5
well after loads of grief i decided to start from scratch, totally wiped Vega and sdcard reinstalled vegacomb 1.6 from stock and it's running ok but still getting a fair few fc's from the stock browser especially when visiting this site or techradar, not sure if it's elements in the webpage or just the hacked nature of the ROM, i have tried alternate browser's and still get the issue, just something to live with or if it gets too annoying revert back to corvus5.

Still think that this is excellent work though, thanks again.

For me is working great now. Flashed over corv5 without full wipe then after reboot went back to recovery and did full wipe factory rest dalvik cache and cache itself. So far so good lol. Stock browser just reverts to home sometimes and a little lag but nowhere as bad as last time. Just gonna run it now and see how it holds up. Typing from it as we speak

Guest Alexzandro

Hello!

Installed 1.6 then revert to Corvus5. Cant live without flash but Honeycomb is amazing!!!! Benchmarking not so high though, even at 1.5mhz, I had lower results than with Corvus5 or CM nightlies

Donation in a while.

Regards

Guest ViPaSoft
Hello!

Installed 1.6 then revert to Corvus5. Cant live without flash but Honeycomb is amazing!!!! Benchmarking not so high though, even at 1.5mhz, I had lower results than with Corvus5 or CM nightlies

Donation in a while.

Regards

I've had similar smartbench results;

Covrus5 4120 - 3986 - 3973 - AVERAGE 4026.3

Vegacomb 4076 - 3890 - 3986 - AVERAGE 3984.0

1st reading is after clean install and Link2sd & cpuMaster installed and set-up,

2nd is after installing all my other apps from Titanium Backup and placing on ext2 partition with link2sd and then running for a day,

3rd reading is after 2 days of basic use, (installing apps and removing apps, web & Market browsing, email, reading and playing games, etc)

Compared to Corvus5, just as fast on benchmark tests and everything else, (apps drawer, screen scrolling, app load time, etc), seems to get faster and smoother over time.

Occasional issue with WiFi dropping, but off/on widget sorts that. Launcher FC occasionally, (mainly to start with).

Flash is not a problem for me as I don't really use it, mainly email, games, nd reading books/comics.

Games, (mostly), play fine. Currently playing Paradise Island, Angry Birds RIO, Galaxy on Fire 2 THD, (excellent graphics and gameplay), Highborn, Hotel Mogul, AirAttack HD and GRave Defense HD. All play really well.

Overall, a reboot seems to sort most problems and it only takes about 90 seconds to fully reboot, which is nothing really.

I think I may stick with 1.6 for now. May go back to Corvus5 if I get any real issues, but none so far.

Keep up the great work guys and more donations to come, very shortly, you truly deserve it.

newbe, put the Asus away and get back to the VEGA........ :)

Cant get market to work after clearing data

I had that problem when I first tried 1.6 ... Just removed my google account and readded ... Synced, and the market worked again.

This Rom is so fast and stable it makes my head spin.... really nice improvement over 1.5 , and that was pretty good already.

Again its the lack of Flash and HQ / HD Youtube thats holding it back now. I would use it on a day to day basis if hat was fixed, otherwise I really cant fault this Rom.

Guest ViPaSoft

Using Titanium Backup, I backed-up and then un-installed the pre-installed Youtube app and then downloaded the Market version.

It works ok, well I say ok, slightly glitchy but that could have been the videos I was watching. Tried in SD and HD and you can clearly see the difference. Sync was fine and image quality was watchable, but I wouldn't want to watch anything too long, like a film say.

Just wish the market version had the interface of the pre-installed version, but it does work.

Guest lambrettalad
Hello!

Donation in a while.

Regards

Same here, could live without flash but the external HDD support for me was the the reason for going back to corvus

Guest neil192

hi everyone, i have been using 1.6 all day today with no issues, well until 10 min ago. i have just had one of the face book app's crash and i cant do anything, even press and hold the power button.

does any one know any other way of tuning the vega off.

neil

Guest premieral
hi everyone, i have been using 1.6 all day today with no issues, well until 10 min ago. i have just had one of the face book app's crash and i cant do anything, even press and hold the power button.

does any one know any other way of tuning the vega off.

neil

It will power off neil just press firmly toward the edge of the power button and hold until screen goes off, can take a while

Guest SWOriginal

@Newbe maybe you should just include the non tablet version of the youtube app untill you find a work around for the HD issues, using the non tablet youtube now on honeycomb 1.6 as i couldnt cope with low quality videos & its it seems the logical temporary solution untill the issues are fixed.

Guest Remington Steale

So far this rom works great for me, been using it all weekend, movie playback is my biggest use and its performance on this is much better I get a small video lag maybe every ten minutes if that.

No wifi problems, and the patched flash works fine with standard flash sites and and you tube for me. Its not like I need HD video from youtube anyway.

I call this one a winner :)

Edited by Remington Steale

Guest swampyk

Hi Guys,

Excellent work on this rom - really good.

One thing I noticed is that the stock browser dies alot, doesnt force close just closes.

I updated using the update patch first and then because of the browser issue I applied a fresh 1.6 install.

No problems with the Dolphin browser though.

Using VegaComb since 1.5 as my day to day and think its great.

Thanks again.

Guest G0OSE

This seems to run pretty well for me, though I have had a strange wallpaper glitch.

The device starts with the standard 'city' wallpaper - but when you go to choose another standard wallpaper (I can see the 'city' wallpaper in the folder preview, but when I open it to choose nothing is there, you can pick an empty selection (there is no pic, but there are selections there) but it then fc's.

Anyway I downloaded the wallpaper I wanted and applied it (it appeared in gallery) later on I chose a new live wallpaper and applied that, now my downloaded wallpaer is doing the same thing (you can see it in the folder preview, but can't select it on opening the folder) weirder still after a reboot the device randomly selected 'hexy glow' (which isn't showing in the wallpaper folder, and hasn't ever in this build 1.6).

There is definately some sort of bug affecting wallpaper, and only shows up when you choose another one, but after you choose it your old wallpaper seems to vanish (or at least it won't let me select it, even though I can see it in the wallpaper folder?)

This isn't a gripe, just letting you know of any bugs I find :)

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Edited by G0OSE

+1 for the plaudits on Vegacomb 1.6. It is a fantastic effort to have come on so far in such a short space of time. 1.6 is smoother and faster.

As part of the reports back, can I add that I also have had the 'low memory' warning after a day or so. The Available Memory showing for Internal memory went down to 10.30Mb as listed and Market stopped letting me download further programs.

Nevertheless, a noticeable advance on 1.5.2 and I look forward to seeing what's next. It's practically daily useable for my purposes, as I don't rely much on Flash.

Thing is, I find Corvus 5 is a very fast and slick ROM and will keep with it for now, but it's a good place to be waiting for V-c to catch it or overtake. Thanks again.