[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest HypoTurtle

that worked a treat cheers buddy but now i have done that how do i install vegacomb 1.7 i only need to install the patch from 1.6 to 1.7 but how i do it i dont no lol any help would be great cheers buddy

So currently you have the modded 1.10 stock installed ... if correct continue on

If your using the 1.6 -1.7 patch then you must have a nandroid backup of 1.6 made before applying the stock rom ... if correct continue, if not your gonna need the full 1.7

Next in the custom ROM select the recovery which will boot the device into Clockwork recovery, (not sure if cache wipes required, I wiped had issues with nandroid backup + patch (probably self inflicted) no issues with wipes and full 1.7 others have advised against wipes) go down to backup and restore and select your 1.6 backup, reboot device.

Ensure 1.6 is running as it should then boot back into recovery this time by long pressing the power button (2-3 secs) or recovery app if there is one.

Scroll to install zip from sdcard and scrool to folder and file containing the patch and apply .

Guest Rhys1979

Hi there,

I wanted to drop a note to thank you for this excellent ROM. I decided to make the jump from R8 after the aannouncement that flash was now supported. It is much smoother and faster than R8 and you can really tell that honeycomb was developed with tablets in mind.

Not sure if this will help anyone but when I first installed I had loads of FCs and the market wouldn't work at all. I traced the issue to my SD card. I formatted the card in my PC and reinstalled 1.7 and all aps from scratch. No FCs since (touch wood)

Thanks again,

Rhys

Guest phil8715

that worked a treat cheers buddy but now i have done that how do i install vegacomb 1.7 i only need to install the patch from 1.6 to 1.7 but how i do it i dont no lol any help would be great cheers buddy

Guest rnotenboom

Hi,

since i reinstalled vegacomb i don't have the full market anymore, for example at 'free games' i only see 5 games?

i already reinstalled it many times (advent vega stock rom --> corvus --> vegacomb)

does anyone know how i can fix this because i never had this problem.

cheers Rick

Guest simonta

VEGACOMB 1.7???

Hi guys i have now installed the new modded stock ROM but now how do i install the 1.6 to 1.7 patch.

any help would be great cheers luke

To ease understanding, if you have flashed a ROM, you have completely reinstalled your Vega. Therefore you do not have 1.6, therefore a 1.6-1.7 patch is of little use ;)

Guest Remington Steale

Hi,

since i reinstalled vegacomb i don't have the full market anymore, for example at 'free games' i only see 5 games?

i already reinstalled it many times (advent vega stock rom --> corvus --> vegacomb)

does anyone know how i can fix this because i never had this problem.

cheers Rick

You should be installing the Modded stock rom mentioned several times throughout this thread first, then reboot and reset to factory defaults, clear the cache and dalvik cache then install vegacomb 1.7 straight away.

If possible make sure you dont have too much content on the sd card that you havent placed there yourself (e.g. put your usual music, films and pics on and the rom install zip but remove all folders like /android and /data) preferably format the card and then copy your things on with a PC then put it in the tablet and reboot and install.

Edited by Remington Steale

Guest rnotenboom

You should be installing the Modded stock rom mentioned several times throughout this thread first, then reboot and reset to factory defaults, clear the cache and dalvik cache then install vegacomb 1.7 straight away.

If possible make sure you dont have too much content on the sd card that you havent placed there yourself (e.g. put your usual music, films and pics on and the rom install zip but remove all folders like /android and /data) preferably format the card and then copy your things on with a PC then put it in the tablet and reboot and install.

Thank you but it is my bad i did al of that so kind of weird i will give it another try soon what i have mentioned is that when i flash it back al of the roms says the same : application can not be installed in your country or something like that.

any ideaas?

Guest Remington Steale

Thank you but it is my bad i did al of that so kind of weird i will give it another try soon what i have mentioned is that when i flash it back al of the roms says the same : application can not be installed in your country or something like that.

any ideaas?

Not certain but I think the market enabler works on honeycomb, you could try that

Guest swampyk

Hi Guys,

Great work on this release.

I installed all from scratch and reformatted and partitioned the SD card for this version.

I had the dreaded CPU 216Mhz issue but upped the lower setting using SetCPU and havent noticed it since.

I only get one Force Close and that is when I attempt to adjust the Sound settings (I wanted to reduce the System sound as it is quite loud through earphones compared to the media sound).

I tried to send/receive files using Bluetooth with my Desire but it always failed, not a biggy and I am probably doing it wrong but I had this working using Corvus5.

Once again thanks for all hard work TeamNewCo and TeamVillian.

S.

Guest Ste_B

Anyone using the G+ app on VC 1.7?

Force closes all the time and can't share anything at all plus the stock browser. (Might stick to Opera Mobile for everything now)

Edit... Also I should say thanks very much newbe5, its getting there mate and I appreciate alot of work has to go into it. :-)

Edited by Ste_B

Guest MikhailM

Hi, Newbe 5 and other contributors of Vegacomb 1.7!

First of all may I join the chorus of very well deserved thanks for all the hard work and dedication. Excellent result. Love the animation.

Changed back from Corvus 5 + SP1 (having tried the earlier VC versions) I now miss the Floating leaves live wallpaper.

Is there any way of transfering/exporting this into Vegacomb 1.7?

With much appreciation,

MikhailM.

Guest ursulavasey

I think VC is a fantastic rom, it is what the Vega was crying out for. Kudos to Newbe and the team for their work on this rom. However, I would like to echo Swampyk's comment with regard to the sound settings. I was having problems with sounds last night, and wanted to access the settings to try to adjust them. I went to settings, then sounds, and every time I selected the sounds button, the sound app f/c'd on me. Everything else seems to be fine, although I haven't fully road tested the rom yet. If I find any further issues I will report back here with them.

Guest brucelee666

I think VC is a fantastic rom, it is what the Vega was crying out for. Kudos to Newbe and the team for their work on this rom. However, I would like to echo Swampyk's comment with regard to the sound settings. I was having problems with sounds last night, and wanted to access the settings to try to adjust them. I went to settings, then sounds, and every time I selected the sounds button, the sound app f/c'd on me. Everything else seems to be fine, although I haven't fully road tested the rom yet. If I find any further issues I will report back here with them.

I posted about the settings->sound force close problem a few pages back advising people this would happen.

The person working on the "adamcomb" rom has fixed this so newbe5 hopefully can transfer that fix to the next patch on vegacomb.

Guest rubbery

Anyone using the G+ app on VC 1.7?

Force closes all the time and can't share anything at all plus the stock browser. (Might stick to Opera Mobile for everything now)

Edit... Also I should say thanks very much newbe5, its getting there mate and I appreciate alot of work has to go into it. :-)

Yep G+ app works fine for me

Guest swampyk

Hi Guys,

Great work on this release.

I installed all from scratch and reformatted and partitioned the SD card for this version.

I had the dreaded CPU 216Mhz issue but upped the lower setting using SetCPU and havent noticed it since.

I only get one Force Close and that is when I attempt to adjust the Sound settings (I wanted to reduce the System sound as it is quite loud through earphones compared to the media sound).

I tried to send/receive files using Bluetooth with my Desire but it always failed, not a biggy and I am probably doing it wrong but I had this working using Corvus5.

Once again thanks for all hard work TeamNewCo and TeamVillian.

S.

Just a quick update on the 216 mhz issue. After this mornings post I left my Vega running all day plugged in. Used Kindle reader for an hour or so then opened Plume, Youtube App, Fcebook before starting the Maxthon browser to check this thread. After a few minutes surfing the Vega began to lockup. I checked SetCpu and the setting was at 216 - even though I have the min set to 456. I rebooted and am now writing this on a more responsive Vega. I hope this feedback is useful.

S.

Guest CoWPlagued

Just a quick update on the 216 mhz issue. After this mornings post I left my Vega running all day plugged in. Used Kindle reader for an hour or so then opened Plume, Youtube App, Fcebook before starting the Maxthon browser to check this thread. After a few minutes surfing the Vega began to lockup. I checked SetCpu and the setting was at 216 - even though I have the min set to 456. I rebooted and am now writing this on a more responsive Vega. I hope this feedback is useful.

S.

there are quite a few threads about this, the general consensus is that its in some way related to the cpu controlling app. for me i was plagued buy the 216mhz issue but found it to be directly related to setcpu. changing to a different cpu app reduced the issue to twice a day to never. ive checked a few apps out and for me about half of them cause the 216 issue. for some people setcpu is fine for others like me it's part of the cause.

Guest poynter64

So currently you have the modded 1.10 stock installed ... if correct continue on

If your using the 1.6 -1.7 patch then you must have a nandroid backup of 1.6 made before applying the stock rom ... if correct continue, if not your gonna need the full 1.7

Next in the custom ROM select the recovery which will boot the device into Clockwork recovery, (not sure if cache wipes required, I wiped had issues with nandroid backup + patch (probably self inflicted) no issues with wipes and full 1.7 others have advised against wipes) go down to backup and restore and select your 1.6 backup, reboot device.

Ensure 1.6 is running as it should then boot back into recovery this time by long pressing the power button (2-3 secs) or recovery app if there is one.

Scroll to install zip from sdcard and scrool to folder and file containing the patch and apply .

AMAZING all done now cheers buddy great help easy and understandable cheers :)

Guest Ste_B

Yep G+ app works fine for me

Does it????

Say I'm using pulse newsreader and I see something I like. I click share, you get a list share via.. G+, twitter whatever. I hit G+ Force Close straight away.

Any issues like that?

Guest Yogimax

there are quite a few threads about this, the general consensus is that its in some way related to the cpu controlling app. for me i was plagued buy the 216mhz issue but found it to be directly related to setcpu. changing to a different cpu app reduced the issue to twice a day to never. ive checked a few apps out and for me about half of them cause the 216 issue. for some people setcpu is fine for others like me it's part of the cause.

I had the same issue with SetCPU. After I changed to CPU Master, I have had only one incident like this in 2 weeks. B)