[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest omniajet13

Hi can anyone tell me what setting to change or help me to get my g-sensor/ accelerometer working as i cant get the screen to rotate on demand

i cannot play g-sensor games and the screen only rotates in certain apps . ie laputa book reader.

everything else on this 1.7 works and it is great.

thanks in advance

Edited by omniajet13

Guest duvee
<br />Hi, Newbe 5 and other contributors of Vegacomb 1.7!<br /><br />First of all may I join the chorus of very well deserved thanks for all the hard work and dedication. Excellent result. Love the animation.<br />Changed back from Corvus 5 + SP1 (having tried the earlier VC versions) I now miss the Floating leaves live wallpaper.<br /><br />Is there any way of transfering/exporting this into Vegacomb 1.7?<br /><br />With much appreciation,<br /><br />MikhailM.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

i found these live wallpapers in the corvus rom and installed them on the vegacomb rom..

it worked installing them, but when i select one of the livewallpapers, they force close all the time. so now im looking for these livewallpapers too..

(in the rom its the LiveWallpapers.apk and it includes 4/5 livewallpapers)

Guest MikhailM

<br /><br /><br />

i found these live wallpapers in the corvus rom and installed them on the vegacomb rom..

it worked installing them, but when i select one of the livewallpapers, they force close all the time. so now im looking for these livewallpapers too..

(in the rom its the LiveWallpapers.apk and it includes 4/5 livewallpapers)

Hi, Duvee,

I found the live wallpaper apk in one of the Modaco threads and downloaded them. When I installed them I got the same FC as you (but these are market 2.1, so are presumably pre Froyo. So I removed them and extracted the apk from the corvus rom, like you did, which are marked 2.2 and therefore presumably Froyo compatable, but I have not managed to install them using Easy Installer.

MikhailM.

Guest phil8715

is it me or has the Facebook app been changed on VegaComb? it looks terrible. Images don't look right looks like bits have been chopped off.

Guest CoWPlagued
<br />is it me or has the Facebook app been changed on VegaComb? it looks terrible. Images don't look right looks like bits have been chopped off.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I'm not a facebook user, but apparently the tablet facebook isn't too good, you may want to try 3rd party apps like http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1158035

Guest HypoTurtle
&amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;gt;Hi can anyone tell me what setting to change  or help me to get my g-sensor/ accelerometer working as i cant get the screen to rotate on demand&amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;gt;i cannot play g-sensor games and the screen only rotates in certain apps . ie laputa book reader. &amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;gt;everything else on this 1.7 works and it is great.&amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;gt;thanks in advance&amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;gt;

Firstly is the lock rotation switch at the top off? As it's working fine for me. Could you list a few games you've tried and I can see if I have any difference.

Also Ste_B (multi-quote not working) Goggle + isn't working for me either; Force closing when I select share and google +.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, My 100th post on the 100th page - do I get a prize???

Edited by HypoTurtle

Guest wasps

hi,

i'd like to start this by saying this is the best from i've tried.

it's a definite improvement over 1.6, and personally I prefer it to Corvus5 as well.

For those troubleshooting the 216Mhz issue, this may help.

I don't think its anything to do with the CPU controlling apps (setcpu, or CPU master).

after running 1.7 for a few days now I've just had my first issues.

I left the Vega fully powered off and on charge all day.

I just turned it on this evening and got the problem whereby the screen won't accept any input at all.

I powered off and restarted at which point the screen was usable again.

however the tablet was very slow.

with no CPU controller app installed I was unable to see what the CPU was set to, so I downloaded and installed CPU master.

the widget then told me that I was running at 216 Mhz.

the sequence of events may be irrelevent, but I think this definitely proves that the CPU controller apps are not the cause.

steve

Guest wasps

sorry, that didn't make total sense..... that's what I get for typing too many words on a tablet.

I should have started by saying that I didn't have a CPU controller app installed when I got the 216Mhz problem.

Guest omniajet13
<br />Firstly is the lock rotation switch at the top off? As it's working fine for me. Could you list a few games you've tried and I can see if I have any difference.<br />Also Ste_B (multi-quote not working) Goggle + isn't working for me either; Force closing when I select share and google +.<br /><br />EDIT: On an unrelated note, My 100th post on the 100th page - do I get a prize???<br />
<br /><br /><br />

oh my word i did not know it was a lock rotation switch. i thought it was a lock button switch to prevent accidental unwanted pressing of buttons.

Thanks very much its fine now lol

Guest jegupi

I have a problem with flash video in opera browser, can only watch about 20 minutes of video and the it exits Opera or stops reproducing video. any body has noticed?

Guest Ste_B

I have a problem with flash video in opera browser, can only watch about 20 minutes of video and the it exits Opera or stops reproducing video. any body has noticed?

Haven't watched anything that long to notice sorry. :-(

Guest Yogimax

I have an occasional lockup with flash on iPlayer if I am streaming live to my Vega running Miren browser on Corvus5. I'm not sure if it is the same issue as I have intermittent dropouts from my BT Home Hub router (which is being replaced today :) )

When it happens, all I can do is restart the Vega :(

Guest omniajet13

has anybody sucessfully managed to get rid of the battery @ 60% then shut down and when restarted its at 20% or so just like that? i have wiped the battery stats both thrugh cwm and manually i have charged, drained and rechared and no change not even with this new near perfect rom.

can somone please shed some light on this.

This is the last thing stopping me from having many hours of tableting blissfrown.gif

Guest Panayioti

Can someone confirm this , i play music in cube 3 app and music 3.0.1 and they both play music while vega is in standy by but after the song finishes the vega stops playing the next song. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Ste_B
Can someone confirm this , i play music in cube 3 app and music 3.0.1 and they both play music while vega is in standy by but after the song finishes the vega stops playing the next song. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

What length of time have you set standby? Music 3. Whatever works perfect for me.

Just listening to the Beastie Boys right now as I type this lol

Guest Panayioti

What length of time have you set standby? Music 3. Whatever works perfect for me.

Just listening to the Beastie Boys right now as I type this lol

what do you mean by what time have you set stand by because i cant see standy by time in the settings .

Thanks

Guest phil8715

has anybody sucessfully managed to get rid of the battery @ 60% then shut down and when restarted its at 20% or so just like that? i have wiped the battery stats both thrugh cwm and manually i have charged, drained and rechared and no change not even with this new near perfect rom.

can somone please shed some light on this.

This is the last thing stopping me from having many hours of tableting blissfrown.gif

It looks like it's a hardware fault. My Vega does it all the time regardless of the rom installed. I've wiped battery stats through ClockworkMod. Not sure if all Vega's do this.

Guest MikhailM

Does anyone know why this is happening? I have a clean installation of Newbe5's modded stock rom 1.10 with a clean installation of Vegabond 1.7.

Everything worked beautifully, for a few days. Now, when I re-boot the Vega I get the following error message after the lock screen is unlocked - "The application Launcher (process com.android.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close".

After pressing the FC, the box disappears and the VC completed the boot process and appears to work normally.

I had recently installed AntTek App Manager and also Easy Installer and the problem started occuring after they were installed. Do not know, if there is any connection.

Any ideas?

The obvious thing is to do a clean installation again and see if it recurrs.

MikhailM.

Guest adamsharpe

Same problem here. Started happening a couple of days after VC installed. Haven't installed either of those programs so I don't think its related.

Guest xathras

Page 96, post #1911

People who are having force closure on launcher as soon as vegacomb starts, been happening to me so had a look and found that this may be caused by going into setting->applications, for example on opera mobile select move to usb storage, everything seems to go fine logcat says app moved to /mnt/asec/ and when you look in directory it is there and app works fine.

The problem is when you reboot/boot the vega the launcher has a problem binding apps and force closes then re-starts itself and everything is fine.

So if you have moved an app to "usb storage" then you will probably get launcher fc or if you have installed an app that installs to "/mnt/asec/" like samurai vengeance your launcher will force close.

Until a fix either don't move apps to "usb storage" or put up with the launcher fc on boot/reboot, or possibly use app2sd or link2sd (not tried them but they should not have this problem?).

This is what I have found to cause this but if someone else can verify, make sure you have no apps in usb storage (/mnt/asec) reboot/boot vega (should get no launcher fc) move an app to usb storage then reboot/boot vega (should get launcher fc)

Page 97, post #1937

Thank you so much for this very useful tip. I found 3 apps (Aldiko Premium, Adobe Reader and Pinball Deluxe) had installed to /mnt/asec. I did a "move to tablet" and then used link2sd to send them to the SDcard. All 3 apps work ok and the launcher no longer does a fc on startup (a major PITA).

Does anyone know why this is happening? I have a clean installation of Newbe5's modded stock rom 1.10 with a clean installation of Vegabond 1.7.

Everything worked beautifully, for a few days. Now, when I re-boot the Vega I get the following error message after the lock screen is unlocked - "The application Launcher (process com.android.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close".

After pressing the FC, the box disappears and the VC completed the boot process and appears to work normally.

I had recently installed AntTek App Manager and also Easy Installer and the problem started occuring after they were installed. Do not know, if there is any connection.

Any ideas?

The obvious thing is to do a clean installation again and see if it recurrs.

MikhailM.

These posts may help with your problem.

Guest Drat2

seems to happen when apps use the SD card for storage. Go to applications -> storage use -> usb storage and make sure no apps have that option selected. If you run short of space use link2sd to move the apps to the SD card, thatvworks fine.

Guest MikhailM

Page 96, post #1911

Page 97, post #1937

These posts may help with your problem.

Thank you, Zathras and also Drat2!

It was in fact Samurai II Vengence sitting in USB storage. So to ftop the Fc of launcher I have to move it to the SD card. When I tried to do this with LInk2SD, it told me my SD card was not partitioned. So to move Samurai to SD card I have had to partition the SD card first. According to other threads on the Web this is best done by CWR (true ?)

Done that now and having to re-flash everything from the beginning.

In the same thread it said one had to make both partitions Primary. How does one do that?

MikhailM.

Guest dibbles

Thank you, Zathras and also Drat2!

It was in fact Samurai II Vengence sitting in USB storage. So to ftop the Fc of launcher I have to move it to the SD card. When I tried to do this with LInk2SD, it told me my SD card was not partitioned. So to move Samurai to SD card I have had to partition the SD card first. According to other threads on the Web this is best done by CWR (true ?)

Done that now and having to re-flash everything from the beginning.

In the same thread it said one had to make both partitions Primary. How does one do that?

MikhailM.

I use MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition from my desktop PC and, it is free but you could donate a small amount to the developers if you wish, it does what you need with ease and a good GUI. As both partitions are primary then the one you have created for your games and apps etc will not be visible when placed in your Vega (nor the PC) but can be used by Link2SD to move your software to the SD card as required.

Guest phil8715

I've found a problem in which I am not sure if it's a VegaComb 1.7 Beta problem or a Opera Mobile problem.

What happens is when I try to post on forums, the cursor goes halfway down of the empty input box. When I have finished typing the message and I press back take the keyboard off to sub the message the input box goes blank.

Guest Andy GG

Thanks for this ROM but I want to go back to Corvus5 and I used Recovery and reinstalled Corvus5 I am getting 100s of "Sorry The processandroid.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" notices - any ideas?