[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest spacecadetuk

I think people need to remember this is just an alpha release and as such there will be a few problems to iron out, i'm amazed that the guys have gotten this far, this quick to be honest

thats not a dig at anyone by the way :unsure:

just saying that the best is yet to come

Edited by spacecadetuk

Guest Hopelessness

So apart from being fantastic, I think this has also fixed the dodgy touchscreen issues!

Props to Corvus and newbe5!

Guest orchid666
It still doesn't work for me though...

I'm having this problem too. Have had issues connecting to multiupload and megaupload for days. I can access mediafire directly though. I think this might be an isssue with bt users on these sites? Can anyone post a link to mediafire directly?

Edited by orchid666

Guest mingoid

Just to post a few things not working for me, and not disrespecting the astounding job you've done here already....

- Got the stock browser to work after about:debug and disable rendering, but now I can't get it to work again, no matter what I do. Presume the background webkit is being used in lots of places because it also won't render my email bodies, dolphin browser doesn't work either and Pulse won't show news stories.

- Maps work but apps that use Google maps api don't. Guess this is due to not having Gapps/framework on tablet.

- Youtube looks like it's loading things but never brings anything back.

- I can't get Flash to work in Opera - restored 10.2 from Titanium backup but it does nothing in Opera? Anyone got this to work?

- Generally text in some apps, especially browser is too small, presume this is to do with lcd dpi settings.

Otherwise, though it's great so thanks a bunch to you guys. :unsure: Thought if I'd ever see Honeycomb on the Vega it'd run like a pig but this is pretty smooth.

Guest HunteronX
I'm having this problem too. Have had issues connecting to multiupload and megaupload for days. I can access mediafire directly though. I think this might be an isssue with bt users on these sites? Can anyone post a link to mediafire directly?

Yes, you're probably right. I use bt also...

If someone could upload the rom to mediafire, I would be very grateful.

Guest partner2

Ok, After testing a bit more, account creating is not working with any applications. It's not a problem with google apps but with account adding.

I though it could be a ssl problem, but ssl works in browser.

I've added the AccountsAndSettings apk from previous roms and it does the same (nothing)

I think people need to remember this is just an alpha release and as such there will be a few problems to iron out, i'm amazed that the guys have gotten this far, this quick to be honest

thats not a dig at anyone by the way :unsure:

just saying that the best is yet to come

I know it's alpha. But I think it can be interesting if we report problems that could be related to the known problems, in order to find solutions.

Guest orchid666

Thanks newbe5. As multiupload and megaupload are being blocked for UK BT users would it be possible for any new updates to be posted as mediafire direct links as well until this issue with BT is resolved as it will affect many users from being able to download. Thanks again for your amazing work.

Edited by orchid666

Guest chrisrich85

Great rom working a treat, one issue im having is that the sd wont mount after removing it. is there a way round this? i have tried a reboot with no joy

Guest HunteronX

I've noticed something about the Wi-Fi settings. Is it not possible to use a static IP address at the moment, because in the advanced section, it just says 'unavailable'.

EDIT: I'm only able to enter static addresses where an network SSID is being broadcast - I select the Wi-Fi access point, and then I can choose to use DHCP or Static addressing. But, my network isn't being broadcast, so this isn't possible for me.

Finally, thanks for all your hard work - the speed at which you are fixing bugs, and adding features is impressive! :unsure:

Edited by HunteronX

Guest pabloid
So what your saying is your Vega is different to everyone elses? For sure the button combo is tricky BUT it does work :unsure:

Ah no .. Its not different. But my setup is :). I have been trying to do this through OS X and virtual box running Ubuntu10.10. This was the "problem". I did once see VirtualBox see the Vega in recovery (NVidia ADX iirc), but no way could i get VBox to pass this on to the VM.

My solution was to get an old netbook (coincidently an Advent 4211 dual booting XP and Hackintosh Leopard) out of the cupboard and boot into XP. Once I had the USB driver installed, everything went as planned.

I have to say that I am very impressed with the excellent work done by the guys. Despite a few minor issues, I am very impressed with how smoothly it all works. Beer donations coming your way .... fantastic stuff!

The lesson I learned that while it is possible to do this through a VM, it is not easy to get a Mac OS X VBox host to hand off the USB connected device to a Linux guest. The plain Windows route was a dream.

Guest mxbob

Great rom

Install was no problem

Runs amazingly smooth considering how early a build it is

Having the same issues some people have mentioned with the soft buttons (seem very difficult to use often seem to highlight but nothing happens) is this possibly a screen calibration problem? Anyone tried putting any screen calibration app on it?

Guest chrisrich85
Great rom working a treat, one issue im having is that the sd wont mount after removing it. is there a way round this? i have tried a reboot with no joy

Scrap that its not a rom issue, my sd seems to have completely knackered :unsure: others work fine

Guest bewA
Saw this on tabletroms.com:

http://tabletroms.com/forums/showwiki.php?..._we_know_so_far

Is this also the source of the accounts issue on our vega? To be honest I have no clue on java programming on android so can't comment on this (and I assume the developers know a whole lot more about this then I do) but perhaps someone else can shed a light.

I would say so considering the vega port is based on the one fro the adam one. I thought i might just be able to get away with re-pushing the apk's over again but i don't think its going to be that simple, i'll try it anways! :unsure:

Guest partner2
Saw this on tabletroms.com:

http://tabletroms.com/forums/showwiki.php?..._we_know_so_far

Is this also the source of the accounts issue on our vega? To be honest I have no clue on java programming on android so can't comment on this (and I assume the developers know a whole lot more about this then I do) but perhaps someone else can shed a light.

Umm, I've been rediscovering the wheel.

Yes, I think that's what is wrong in our rom. SSL through java

Guest 318vert

Does anyone know why not all apps backed up by Titanium backup will not restore but some will? set cpu and samurai 2 vengeance for example

Guest partner2

I've found this line in my logcat

I/dalvikvm(  984): DexOpt: mismatch dep signature for '/data/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex'

I think that bouncycastle is used during the ssl process. Maybe it's related to the account problem?

Guest mintvilla
Does anyone know why not all apps backed up by Titanium backup will not restore but some will? set cpu and samurai 2 vengeance for example

have you ran out of room? you only have 100mb of free space with honeycomb, compared to over 300mb on whatever previous you was running.

Guest dagrim1
have you ran out of room? you only have 100mb of free space with honeycomb, compared to over 300mb on whatever previous you was running.

Hmmm, good point... I had the same issue (apps not restoring like setcpu, quadrant) and I just had 10mb of appspace free. Perhaps it has to keep a part free...

Guest Sir Gash

Anyone else getting really tinny sound, as if there is no bass at all (via headphones and with any music app)? I downloaded a DSP Manager app but it doesn't help (I think it only works on Cyanogen ROMs).

Also, anyone aware of a fix for Bluetooth?

Great work guys, keep these ROMs coming, with a few more fixes I could easily use this ROM daily!

Maybe we will see a 3.1 ROM soon :unsure:

Samurai Vengeance probably won't work because the cache partition is too small, I had to extend it just to get it installed on my old Froyo ROM. Not sure about setCPU though.

Guest 318vert

Hmmm, good point... I had the same issue (apps not restoring like setcpu, quadrant) and I just had 10mb of appspace free. Perhaps it has to keep a part free...

This was the issue. i juse saved all the apps i could to usb storage and wo0ot all my apps are now on.

Just ot note tho in manage applications it shows that i have 166mb of space on my internal memory that i can use not the 100mb u stated.

just need this javascript https sorting out now as anything that requires a connection does not work: email, gmail, facebook, youtube ect..

Guest 318vert
Anyone else getting really tinny sound, as if there is no bass at all (via headphones and with any music app)? I downloaded a DSP Manager app but it doesn't help (I think it only works on Cyanogen ROMs).

Also, anyone aware of a fix for Bluetooth?

Great work guys, keep these ROMs coming, with a few more fixes I could easily use this ROM daily!

Maybe we will see a 3.1 ROM soon :unsure:

Samurai Vengeance probably won't work because the cache partition is too small, I had to extend it just to get it installed on my old Froyo ROM. Not sure about setCPU though.

Everything has install ok now including Samurai Vengeance