[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest winterknife
If you are having problems with installing the correct drivers maybe you should try this link

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...iver-installer/

It automatically sorts out and installs the correct drivers, I haven't used it but many on these forums recommend it.

Tried that and it is still showing up as wrong drivers installed!

I am at a loss, I know I a ding the button press correctly as the usb indicator sound on my laptop sounds off and the screen remains black.

Has anybody got a link to 1.6?

Guest Adam:)
Na, the apk is there (I reinstalled it and rebooted but still no joy), i'll reflash the full 1.7 and edit this post (avoid the clutter), it should fix it (this wasn't a 1.7 issue I had it in 1.6 as well so figured I'd messed something up).

Simple run down and checks

1) make sure you have at least 30MB of internal memory free, have a look in titanium backup or something similar. (If you want to restore)

2) download Newbe5's new stock image (it has it's own thread)

3) boot into cwm and create a nandroid backup, shouldn't be a problem restoring

4) put the vega into NV recovery (back-power/back-back combo)

5) connect the usb and run the modded stock image (with nice newbe5 icon)

6) reboot vega and reboot into CWM (preinstalled on modded stock image)

7) restore 1.6 data (or select full 1.7 image)

8) if restored 1.6 (I'd reboot first then boot back into CWM) select 1.6 to 1.7 patch and update

9) enjoy the new boot screen (seems a bit of a shame as now it's more stable there'll be less need to reboot/switch off)

woaaahh hold up.

ie number 5)

do u need to run it?

so like double click and click run? :blink:

Guest xathras
Tried that and it is still showing up as wrong drivers installed!

I am at a loss, I know I a ding the button press correctly as the usb indicator sound on my laptop sounds off and the screen remains black.

Has anybody got a link to 1.6?

When you say "showing up" what do you mean by that? Have you looked in Device Manager? If so, how is the Vega described.

Guest Panayioti

Oh my god this update is faster and more stable than any other update.

Thanks a lot Newbe5 and other supporters of Vegacomb.

Guest xathras
Thanks a lot.

I had a "wobble" and was scared of bricking my Vega.

In the end i just bit the bullet and installed the new stock ROM (easy enough), then rebooted into CWM and applied the full update.

Only thing I was missing was the Nandroid backup, i don;t seem to have that :huh:

Instruction on installing / using Nandroid would would useful.

Thanks to all for your help, and super special thanks to Newbie, Brucelee666, Rebel etc for their dedication and hard work on this great ROM.

Thanks guys :blink:

A "nandroid backup" is simply the backup that clockworkmod makes (clockworkmod -> Backup and Restore).

Guest newbe5

To those of you who used the 1.6 to 1.7 updater and found you were missing apps:

I am stupid.

Fix is uploading now.

That is all.

newbe5 :blink:

Edit: Post 500! Wooooooooo!

Edited by newbe5

Guest lilmonkey
A "nandroid backup" is simply the backup that clockworkmod makes (clockworkmod -> Backup and Restore).

That was exactly the simple answer that i was hoping for.

Thanks very very much for that, i will know for next time and not have to reinstall everything :blink:

Many many thanks again to the posters on this forum, so very very helpful and supportive :huh:

Guest MaxiP
Have a try at advanced restore to restore each part separately to see if you can pick up which MD5 sum is corrupt (you may be able to save /data)

I tried system & another (can't remember) and they gave MD5 error so bit the bullet and relashed & re-installed. Now for an evening watching a movie & configuring Vega (with increased system partition so I can try VegaComb at another date).

Guest Panayioti
To those of you who used the 1.6 to 1.7 updater and found you were missing apps:

I am stupid.

Fix is uploading now.

That is all.

newbe5 :blink:

Edit: Post 500! Wooooooooo!

They should have used titanium backup :-)

Can anybody quickly go through the procedure of flashing the modded stock?

do i neec to run it?

cos i cant flash it normally.

Guest Panayioti

do i neec to run it?

Basically turn Vega off and then put it in recovery (2 secs back button hold while pressing power button only for 2 secs, then let go of back button. Only sign that you are in recovery is that you see a blue light under the camera and to see tilt Vega 160° or so.) Then just run the .exe file. Wait and then your done :-)

Guest HypoTurtle

do i neec to run it?

As i said in my previous post all you need to do is have the vega in NV recovery (nothing on screen, but should here PC beep to isntify that it knows something is connected) and run/open VegaModdedStock_v1.10.exe, it'll extract, then run a command prompt and try to connect to the vega, when it will then start flashing the modded image.

Edit:

I tried system & another (can't remember) and they gave MD5 error so bit the bullet and relashed & re-installed. Now for an evening watching a movie & configuring Vega (with increased system partition so I can try VegaComb at another date).

At a guess I'd say that somehow the backup got corrupted as it isn't working on the stock 1.10 either.

Edit again: Newbe5 what apps were/should be missing, I haven't noticed anything going walkabout. And Panayioti, I have yet to get Titanium backup to work properly (haven't paid for it yet cus i want to make sure it works first), any tips you can give me of where I'm going wrong; can't change backup directory - it just causes it to freeze and then requires a FC.

Edited by HypoTurtle

Guest xathras
Basically turn Vega off and then put it in recovery (2 secs back button hold while pressing power button only for 2 secs, then let go of back button. Only sign that you are in recovery is that you see a blue light under the camera and to see tilt Vega 160° or so.) Then just run the .exe file. Wait and then your done :-)

Back button only 2 secs, back button and power button 2 secs, back button only 2 secs (6 secs total).

As i said in my previous post all you need to do is have the vega in NV recovery (nothing on screen, but should here PC beep to isntify that it knows something is connected) and run/open VegaModdedStock_v1.10.exe, it'll extract, then run a command prompt and try to connect to the vega, when it will then start flashing the modded image.

right so u need to run it! thanks, i was getting really confused because i hadnt done that before :huh:

thanks for the helps guys :blink:

Guest xathras

I know this is a little off topic but I'm in need of a some light relief (beginning to lose the will to live).

About 30 years ago there was a story in the Guardian computer section (those were the days) concerning a Microsoft telephone support tech. who received a call from a user who was trying to install a new version of MSDOS (3.3 if I remember correctly). His question was this: "The computer screen says please wait - how long should I wait for?". The tech asked :"How long have you been waiting?" Came the reply: "3 days".

Edited by xathras

Guest Panayioti
Back button only 2 secs, back button and power button 2 secs, back button only 2 secs (6 secs total).

Ye what he said :-)

Guest chaosss

Guys,

I know you are probably all sick of answering install questions but I can't get this to work.

The process I have been trying

1) Install stock ROM....works fine

2) Install ModdedROM via nvflash.....works fine

3) Boot Vega, run through language settings etc and select recovery to boot into CWM

4) Remove USB cable.

5) Perform system wipe/refresh

6) Delete Davlik data (or whatever it is called)

6) Choose install update from SD (full version 7)...seems to work fine. Get the message enjoy Honeycomb.

7) Hold down power button for 8 seconds....it turns off

8) Turn it back on and nothing...just a lit screen even though I have waited for ages (10 minutes or so).

I had problems installing the Corvus5 ROM...whatever I tried it just didn't boot however Pauls R8 ROM worked perfectly for me.

Any thoughts on the above process?

Guest omniajet13

Guys,

I know you are probably all sick of answering install questions but I can't get this to work.

3) Boot Vega, run through language settings etc and select recovery to boot into CWM

4) Remove USB cable.

6) Choose install update from SD (full version 7)...seems to work fine. Get the message enjoy Honeycomb.

8) Turn it back on and nothing...just a lit screen even though I have waited for ages (10 minutes or so).

I had problems installing the Corvus5 ROM...whatever I tried it just didn't boot however Pauls R8 ROM worked perfectly for me.

After you step 6 i went back to advance menu and then wiped battery stats and ran fix permissions as well. then i pressed the back buttont and rebooted system

Guest premieral
BETA 1.7 released, have a good weekend all!

newbe5

awesome work newbe5 small donation made, by the little one an ice cream :-)

Guest winnipeg
Guys,

4) Remove USB cable.

After you step 6 i went back to advance menu and then wiped battery stats and ran fix permissions as well. then i pressed the back buttont and rebooted system

I had some problems 1st time around so I re-did the install with no in between steps:

-Advent Stock

-Modded Rom

-Vegacomb 1.7 via CWM

Nothing more now working OK at time of post.

Could I ask is the Kernel from ejtagle of use in the Vegacomb project been following that thread with interest.

Fabulous !!! Super Thanks !!! for the Vegacomb ROM Newbe5 and Everyone working on the Vega Rom :blink:

Edited by winnipeg

Guest Panayioti
Fabulous !!! Super Thanks !!! for the Vegacomb ROM Newbe5 :blink:

You know its not just newbe5 there are other devs that are helping with the great work of vegacomb.

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi im having some problems, ive upgraded from 1.6 to 1.7, the problem is that when I add my google account it says "cant establish a reliable connection to server" and it gives an option to go back or connect to wifi but the thing is like Im connected to wifi and I tried browser and thats loading pages fine

So I dont get it, whats wrong? do I have to wipe it?

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest winnipeg
You know its not just newbe5 there are other devs that are helping with the great work of vegacomb.

Thanks – Edited the post. Sorry.

Guest chaosss

Thanks and tried this - no difference.

I had some problems 1st time around so I re-did the install with no in between steps:

-Advent Stock

-Modded Rom

-Vegacomb 1.7 via CWM

Thanks - but with the above you must have booted the Modded ROM to get into CWM, or is there another way?

At the end of my tether.

Don't suppose anyone lives in Trowbridge and wants to have a look ;-)

Guest winterknife
When you say "showing up" what do you mean by that? Have you looked in Device Manager? If so, how is the Vega described.

Thanks for the help, I got it sorted ........ the hard drive in my laptop was the issue.

Switched computers and voila.

Very impressed by 1.7. great job