[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest premieral
yup tried that one , just says unsupported please run in software but not sure how

it sounds like it wants you to change the settings to software not hardware accelerated , you need to download a codec for mobo player that when you change the settings to use software decoding it should ak you if you want to download it.

Guest dibbles
Try Widgetsoid from the market - gives you lots of switch / widget options.

Thanks for that, it does look good :blink:

Edited by dibbles

Guest shirecom

with 94 pages on this topic, is ther any chance we can have a summary of what is and isn't working in the various versions?

cheers

Guest dibbles
with 94 pages on this topic, is ther any chance we can have a summary of what is and isn't working in the various versions?

cheers

Read the very first post and follow the link to then read what does and does not work, which is noted over at "tabletroms".

Guest chrismerriman63

cheers

follow the link on post #1, tells you exactly what works and doesnt and has a nice video too

Guest montage

Made a mess of the 1.7 patch.. I selected install from zip and not update and now it half boots. Fresh install it is then! hahaha teaches me for rushing

Guest okram1
tried mobopplayer? works with every format I throw at it

with this problem I open in astro file manager, long press and then open as video and then use any player but I am on corvus 5 at the moment

Guest HypoTurtle
Simple run down and checks

1) make sure you have at least 30MB of internal memory free, have a look in titanium backup or something similar. (If you want to restore)

2) download Newbe5's new stock image (it has it's own thread)

3) boot into cwm and create a nandroid backup, shouldn't be a problem restoring

4) put the vega into NV recovery (back-power/back-back combo)

5) connect the usb and run the modded stock image (with nice newbe5 icon)

6) reboot vega and reboot into CWM (preinstalled on modded stock image)

7) restore 1.6 data (or select full 1.7 image)

8) if restored 1.6 (I'd reboot first then boot back into CWM) select 1.6 to 1.7 patch and update

9) enjoy the new boot screen (seems a bit of a shame as now it's more stable there'll be less need to reboot/switch off)

could someone help this thicko and write an idiots fool proof way to get vegacomb 1.7 up and running thankyou

From my post a few pages back, a few other things needed in make sure you don't run into any problems would be what ROM you are currently running, if you want to restore a backup/ keep your apps as they are and if you have previously installed the right drivers (through YAUDIG/AUDI or otherwise).

EDIT:

Made a mess of the 1.7 patch.. I selected install from zip and not update and now it half boots. Fresh install it is then! hahaha teaches me for rushing

I've always used install from zip without an issue, didn't think there was difference but open to being proven wrong (and didn't see the point in renaming the file)

Edited by HypoTurtle

Guest Panayioti

I can play videos in the gallery but I have a mp4 that is 720p hd it plays but it stutters, is this because we dont have hardware acceleration and if it is how can we resolve this?

Thanks

Guest Niks10

I have run into Install problem.

Tried the fixed update patch from 1.6 to 1.7 and never worked for 2 tries I did. Kept me at VegaComb boot screen forever.

Next I tried to install full 1.7 by wiping completely and now it wont even boot up.

Anyone know which hardware buttons to use to force booting into clockwork?

Guest winnipeg
I have run into Install problem.

Tried the fixed update patch from 1.6 to 1.7 and never worked for 2 tries I did. Kept me at VegaComb boot screen forever.

Next I tried to install full 1.7 by wiping completely and now it wont even boot up.

Anyone know which hardware buttons to use to force booting into clockwork?

I think you need to start back from stock.

http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/full_system_...nstructions.pdf

Additional help.

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...guides-how-tos/

If you go step by step you should be OK. :blink: Good luck.

Guest mre15
When you say "flash not working" have you installed adobe flash 10.3 and using opera mobile browser (not opera mini) ?

Flash works fine in opera but not in kids mode. Kids mode is an app that links to hundreds of flash games

for kids from around the net. It worked with the hacked flash in 1.6 but doesn't work in 1.7 with the hacked or the market versions.

Guest Niks10
I think you need to start back from stock.

http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/full_system_...nstructions.pdf

Additional help.

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...guides-how-tos/

If you go step by step you should be OK. :blink: Good luck.

Tried this already but no luck yet.

Holding back button for 2 sec, followed by power button for 2 sec and then releasing while holding back button for further 2 sec does really nothing.

My vega would simply turn off after a while.

When plugged into PC via USB the system pings to seem to suggest a device is connected but nothing happens.

I see a new drive letter assigned but cannot access that.

Guest dibbles

Holding back button for 2 sec, followed by power button for 2 sec and then releasing while holding back button for further 2 sec does really nothing.

When plugged into PC via USB the system pings to seem to suggest a device is connected but nothing happens.

If you see your backlight on the Vega then you have not put it into recovery correctly. As you are seeing a new drive letter do you have the correct drivers installed on your PC as well...? You could have a dig around this forum for the "audi" set of tools which works great for me and installs the appropriate drivers for my PC depending if I want to access it in recovery mode or ADB....

Audi...

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...iver-installer/

Guest SWOriginal

Follow this non responsive touch screen guide but skip the mouse + calibration sections and substitute the adb command for the reboott recovery app that will be in your app draw

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...ed-touchscreen/

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest Niks10
Follow this non responsive touch screen guide but skip the mouse + calibration sections and substitute the adb command for the reboott recovery app that will be in your app draw

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...ed-touchscreen/

Thanks a lot for pointing me here.

But I still cannot get it to work.

It says USB device not found.

So PC doesn't recognise my vega, when I try to run 1.10 exe file

EDIT: Just worked like a magic after a few attempts.

So it is a bit of hit and miss with the 2 sec back/power/bacjk button.

Thanks a lot.

Panic over.

Edited by Niks10

Guest chrismerriman63

ok have installed full vc1.7 sucessfully but am constantly getting error message "com.google.process.gapps" or something like that lol. anyone know how to stop this?

thanks , chris

Guest Yogimax
I can play videos in the gallery but I have a mp4 that is 720p hd it plays but it stutters, is this because we dont have hardware acceleration and if it is how can we resolve this?

Thanks

Try MoboPlayer in software decoding mode - should hopefully do it for you

Guest dibbles
OK I've put vegacomb on my Vega but there is a problem.

I log onto the market and everything is fine at first and I have full market access including my apps.

After a while I keep getting the following message process com.android.vending has stopped unexpectedly please try again later and I can then no longer access my apps on the market.

I have flashed the from 3 times and it always starts out fine but then I get the same problem.

Can anyone help

Cheers

Rob

This is happening all the time with my wife's Vega. At each boot it pops up and then, even after clearing the cache for the market app, it happens when trying to use the application. It makes it difficult to use this ROM with my wife's Vega with such an issue.

It happened on my Vega as well but, for some reason, it has stopped doing that and now seems to behave and work fine - albeit it can be a little problematic using the search feature in the market as it takes several presses for it to register and pop up the keyboard.

EDIT:

I seem to have resolved this for my wife's Vega...

I did a complete fresh install of this ROM and it worked a treat. This time I did not use Titanium to restore any games or applications. So I tend to think that it was the restoring of stuff through Titanium that was causing the issues. She will just have to work her way through Plants V's Zombies from the start :blink:

Edited by dibbles

Guest ricosub

Hello does vegacomb connect to ad hoc wifi spots? I' running R8 and I can connect to any kind of wifi and for me is the most important thing travelling a lot and using both myfi and tethering with nokia