[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest Yogimax

Does this rom have apps2sd support im low on space just wanted to no so i can.make a partition

It will use Link2SD to move applications to an Ext2, Ext3 or Ext4 partition which will give you a lot of space.

Guest omniajet13

Please can somone help me with this battery problem. i have done everything i can find in every forum but to no avail. as soon as it hits anywhere near 60% and it is switched off, when i restart it is @25% or less. even if i switch it off and on immediately anywhere in the 60 % range

I have charged to 100% then wiped battery stats then drained and recharged and this still does not work.

Please can someone say wether this is a hardware or sorftware problem? is there another app that can monitor the battery more accuratly?

Is this a kernel problem? can it be fixed?

please help this is driving me insane

Guest sn0wwhite

It will use Link2SD to move applications to an Ext2, Ext3 or Ext4 partition which will give you a lot of space.

Thanks dude

Please can somone help me with this battery problem. i have done everything i can find in every forum but to no avail. as soon as it hits anywhere near 60% and it is switched off, when i restart it is @25% or less. even if i switch it off and on immediately anywhere in the 60 % range

I have charged to 100% then wiped battery stats then drained and recharged and this still does not work.

Please can someone say wether this is a hardware or sorftware problem? is there another app that can monitor the battery more accuratly?

Is this a kernel problem? can it be fixed?

please help this is driving me insane

It's a software fault. Probably in the kernel.

I read about this in another discussion and tried it out for myself. My battery went from 58% to 22% in under ten minutes wheen I switched the Vega off. The electronics in the Vega would probably catch fire if you put that much power through them, or at least get very hot.

So, it's annoying but not critical. Your battery is not failing.

Edited by lesd

Guest rose840

Been using the vegacomb rom for a while... had to move back to modaco rom due to my now built in 3g modem (huwaei vodafone) not seemingly working correctly.. everything else was almost perfect

Guest tezray

Hi, I have been constantly watching the work on the .36 kernel patiently waiting for a Alpha build just to see if the speed really is good. I didnt want to post on their because they are working hard and didnt want to clutter it up with noob rubbish. There is a test22 build but it seems its for SD card only and I cant flash it. Does anyone know if an Alpha build will come out just for curious people like me or is it way to early days?

It's a software fault. Probably in the kernel.

I read about this in another discussion and tried it out for myself. My battery went from 58% to 22% in under ten minutes wheen I switched the Vega off. The electronics in the Vega would probably catch fire if you put that much power through them, or at least get very hot.

So, it's annoying but not critical. Your battery is not failing.

I noticed this yesterday on stock firmware with the tablet I just got, although need to send it back due to another reason. Anyway battery was on about 55% and after switching it back on at home it definitely read 22%.....

Is it best not to switch it off then and just in standby mode? Has that power actually been lost or will the tablet remain on at 0%?

Guest newbe5

Hi, I have been constantly watching the work on the .36 kernel patiently waiting for a Alpha build just to see if the speed really is good. I didnt want to post on their because they are working hard and didnt want to clutter it up with noob rubbish. There is a test22 build but it seems its for SD card only and I cant flash it. Does anyone know if an Alpha build will come out just for curious people like me or is it way to early days?

Thankyou for not posting in the kernel post! Nice o keep it as uncluttered as possible :P The simple answer is... Yes. We are working to build a stable-ish test release to give to curious people like yourself. It won't all be working by any means, but it will be to show people where we are at, and showcase what is possible with the new kernel ;)

No promises as to when this will be, but I'm hoping in the near future!

newbe5

Guest tezray

Ok thanks for the reply. I am loving vegacomb as it is it suits my needs. Looking forward to the next release and am happy we will have something to see the progress rather than a fully working build. Thanks again.

Thankyou for not posting in the kernel post! Nice o keep it as uncluttered as possible :P The simple answer is... Yes. We are working to build a stable-ish test release to give to curious people like yourself. It won't all be working by any means, but it will be to show people where we are at, and showcase what is possible with the new kernel ;)

newbe5

Guest RicardoP

newbe5

I've been following the kernel post waiting for developments (hit refresh every 10min or so just to check) Cant wait for the release... Great work guys!

Guest xathras

newbe5 tweeted today :-

OK, so you know how audio was always kinda quiet on the Vega? Max volume was too low really... Well, not anymore! I just nearly went deaf :/

Guest Remington Steale

newbe5 tweeted today :-

OK, so you know how audio was always kinda quiet on the Vega? Max volume was too low really... Well, not anymore! I just nearly went deaf :/

More importantly:

@Zebwen But, on an important note... Zoodles Kid Mode now works in Honeycomb on the Vega. My daughter might let me have my Transformer back now :/

Guest Paul K

I've been following the kernel post waiting for developments (hit refresh every 10min or so just to check) Cant wait for the release... Great work guys!

I second that one .......... Vegacomb is fantastic in my books and will not use anything else now.

Guest CjFox

Hello all,

I've just tried out Vegacomb after much use of Corvus 5,

I'm wondering if someone can help me with the wallpaper dimensions for Vegacomb so I can use a custom wallpaper.

The image dimensions that worked succesfully in Corvus 5 do not in Vegacombs launcher. The custom image in the launcher is missing the top few pixels, it will however show the top of the picture when you go into the menu. (Landscape view is what I use)

Can someone help me with this problem? I've searched here and at tablet ROMs to no avail.

I do appreciate the assistance given and am very impressed with the level of commitment to Vegacomb.

Edit:

It's the launcher that does it. I went back to launcher pro and it was fine. So I guess I need help with the Vegacomb launcher and how to set wallpaper dimensions on it.

Thank you in advance,

Edited by CjFox

Guest Diveokidoki

Hi guys is there any development yet on the bluetooth situation for Vegacomb 1.7.

just some questions, looking at About Tablet in settings it tells me Android version 3.0.1 is this right and Kernel version 2.6.32VegaCombKernel-gt6a57e8-dirty is this correct???

Legal information...Acer legal?????

Keep up the great work and thanks a million

Jeff

Edited by Diveokidoki

I have loved using this ROM for the last few weeks but got tired of the few things it is missing.

Today I went back to Corvus SP1 and it is just so amazingly fast by comparison. No freezing or lags and everything working again, I'm not sure Honeycomb is for me.

Guest wapadrand5

Been watching the developments for the Vega for some time. Just so impressed with the work you guys do! Been swapping between C5 and VC for a while. Currently using VC 1.7 - terrific. One for the list of issues -I seem to have lost the ability to change governor and I/O Schedule in NoFrillsCPU control. Is this a known problem? Have searched to no avail. Was working OK in previous versions of both I (think).

Keep up the terrific work!

Looking forward, like many others, for the next installment:-)

Guest Yogimax

Just been watching Newbe5 on his stress test of the latest version of VegaComb at http://t.co/acRCEsd

My only comment is Gimme, Gimme, Gimme... B)

This looks really good and a fantastic result so far from a great team of Devs!! :D

Guest Panayioti

Ok back to Vegacomb 1.7, the problem is that i can connect to my cousins router but when I open up the browser, pages dont load and the signal bar at the bottom is light blue instead of dark blue but i have no trouble connecting and going on the internet with other routers. (home,hotels)

Any ideas?

Much appreciated Thanks.

Guest MikhailM

I have loved using this ROM for the last few weeks but got tired of the few things it is missing.

Today I went back to Corvus SP1 and it is just so amazingly fast by comparison. No freezing or lags and everything working again, I'm not sure Honeycomb is for me.

Without doubt C5 + SP1 is a lot faster and everything works1 (Apart from L - V screen change in main screen and all apps screen). But just wait till Newbe 5 issues his latest version of Vegacomb!

MikhailM

Guest EDkataantje

Great :-) working on my pov tegra 2! Now i was wondering if there is a way to hide/show the honeycomb status bar. There is An app (StatusBarToggle) but it doesnt work, is there An other way for this, because the bar is a bit anoying with movies andere full screen games..

Edited by EDkataantje