[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest HypoTurtle

Hi Guys

How can I set a static ip and dns. Cannot seem to find the settings

Just long press the wifi network (or add wifi-network) then select modify network and change "Wi-fi settings" from DHCP (auto IP address) to static and the boxes to fill out the static IP, gateway and DNS will appear.

Hi. This is my problem. If i install v8.1 after full wipe out, i can't connect to my wifi. I had to install v7 and then patch 8.1 to get access to my wifi. But I cant see more than 1'.30'' min lenght of video on megavideo (its seems that it gets disconnected after that time and then it reconnects), and the youtube app is buffering after the same time (more or less), then again, 2 minutes of video and buffering... and so on. I hadn't this problem with modaco r8...

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Just long press the wifi network (or add wifi-network) then select modify network and change "Wi-fi settings" from DHCP (auto IP address) to static and the boxes to fill out the static IP, gateway and DNS will appear.

Thanks for that, the damn keyboard was hiding some settings.

However I still cannot use wep access points. I can connect but not browse the internet, that why I wanted to try and set a static ip and dns.

Guest bobbysteel

It seems whenever I reboot after a fresh wipe, I lose the ability to connect to Google entirely. I can use the browser fine but market/youtube/gmail etc all stop working saying they can't connect. The only fix is a fresh factory reset, which of course sucks. Even just a restore puts me in the same boat. Has anyone else had this problem? Searching seems to turn up nothing.

It seems whenever I reboot after a fresh wipe, I lose the ability to connect to Google entirely. I can use the browser fine but market/youtube/gmail etc all stop working saying they can't connect. The only fix is a fresh factory reset, which of course sucks. Even just a restore puts me in the same boat. Has anyone else had this problem? Searching seems to turn up nothing.

Is your time wrong each time? Mine lost time and date on each reboot and I always got no connection on Market. Set the time/date right and it works. Then install ClockSync app as a workaround.

Edited by Guest

Guest bobbysteel

Is your time wrong each time? Mine lost time and date on each reboot and I always got no connection on Market. Set the time/date right and it works. Then install ClockSync app as a workaround.

<smacking self on forehead> perfect, that fixed it. thanks!

Installed this last night, took all of 10 minutes :-)

modstock 1.10 V2

cleared data, cleared cache

Installed from SD card.

WOW, what a fantastic rom, hats off to you guys for bringing the Vega alive. It runs like a dream, no issues at all !

Only thing missing is USB host mode, but i can manage with using the docking station.

Guest BigCat.hk

Installed this last night, took all of 10 minutes :-)

modstock 1.10 V2

cleared data, cleared cache

Installed from SD card.

WOW, what a fantastic rom, hats off to you guys for bringing the Vega alive. It runs like a dream, no issues at all !

Only thing missing is USB host mode, but i can manage with using the docking station.

Where can I buy the docking station? I can't find it on those retail/online shops.

Where can I buy the docking station? I can't find it on those retail/online shops.

I managed to pick one up from PCWorld Leicester, keep checking PCWorld/Dixons/Currys websites as they appear to come in and out of stock quite randomly :-)

Guest RicardoP

I managed to pick one up from PCWorld Leicester, keep checking PCWorld/Dixons/Currys websites as they appear to come in and out of stock quite randomly :-)

I'm also looking for one. Anybody know where I can find one? Checked PCWorld/Dixons/Currys but no luck!

Hi. This is my problem. If i install v8.1 after full wipe out, i can't connect to my wifi. I had to install v7 and then patch 8.1 to get access to my wifi. But I cant see more than 1'.30'' min lenght of video on megavideo (its seems that it gets disconnected after that time and then it reconnects), and the youtube app is buffering after the same time (more or less), then again, 2 minutes of video and buffering... and so on. I hadn't this problem with modaco r8...

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I have the same problem. Any solution?

Guest nosferatu_vos

newbe5 just tweeted that an new release of vegacomb is being released today.

Including the following things

-Gtalk video chat

-usb /host/slave switching on the fly.

Can't wait to install the update :lol:

Guest DarkangelUK

I got 9n installed, and initially it worked fine, but then the screen went partially unresponsive. It would go fine for a bit, patchy input, hitting one part of the screen triggered another section. I flashed back to moddedstock v2 and reloaded vegacomb, still the same. Tried the screen calibration several times but with no joy. Going back to Modaco for the moment.

Guest scotstony

Having a problem with WI-FI, installed all ok. worked ok

Shut it down.

Boot back up

WI-FI comes up with error and will not connect

Tried full uninstall and install twice, with no joy.

Anyone have the same problem.

Brilliant ROM thanks.

I had been using B7 as a daily ROM but this 9n Build seems faster and smoother still. Tried a Galaxy Tab 10 in Dixons yesterday and that was noticeably less smooth than my Vega with this ROM IMHO.

Two things I have encountered: downloads such as Adobe do not open automatically e.g. in Dropbox; the screen just dims and you have to open the Reader separately. The other is that I seem to be stuck in Landscape at present (though its the best orientation anyway) except when using an app like Times which forces Portrait to work. No great issue on either as I am loving the ROM but in case it can be fixed...

Guest DarkangelUK

I got 9n installed, and initially it worked fine, but then the screen went partially unresponsive. It would go fine for a bit, patchy input, hitting one part of the screen triggered another section. I flashed back to moddedstock v2 and reloaded vegacomb, still the same. Tried the screen calibration several times but with no joy. Going back to Modaco for the moment.

Just to update this issue, I actually had the same problem while using Modaco a while ago, but using the screen calibration app bundled with that fixed the issue... the screen calibration app in Shuttle with VegaComb didn't do it. I loaded back to Modaco and was still getting patchy response, ran screen calibration... issue resolved. Loaded vegacomb back on, working perfectly fine now.

Guest unklejoe

Hi there, sounds like the Vegacomb ROM is coming along nicely. Question for all you tinkerers, will this ROM work on the OEM Honeytab or is it only working on the Vega?

Guest Alexzandro

Hello everybody

So I am still stuck to the second boot issue. Tried many combo, all with moddestock V2, going through 8.1 full, wipe only cashes, then HC9n, or VC9n straight on moddestock V2, wiping all, no apps charged, or charged only titanium, no apps on SD, but everytime I got a blank lighted screen on second boot. Also tried as suggested from someone installing SETCPU 216 - 1000 mhz, but no way out > blank on reboot. Now on 8.1 running. Next time will try with modestock V1, it also worked for me until VC7 ( I had 7 and patch to 8.1 biuld on moddestock v2 for much time with no issue at all).

Regards

Alessandro

Edit: so even with 8.1 I have same issue. What the hell am I doing wrong ?§@#*ç&%$£

Tried another time also v2 + vc9n wiping only cashes. First time I enconter this, tried several CYANO releases, all the sequencies of Newbe and never had this !!!!! I understand there are several other users who face with this problem, I do not definately think is my fault. posted in Tabletroms also, there is now other in XDA facing this. But I cannot post in dev forum, only in general forum .

Regards

Edit 2 last itme I charged Moddestock v2 I noticed that battery level was indicated to b e like 30%, but I was sure it had to be near 95%, charging was not indicated, while charger was connected, so I wiped battery stats when in CWM, than made something else also ( fixed permissions ) and on reboot ( after flashing HC9N ) I had also a blank screen. Now ( after a new installation V2+HC9N , wiped only two caches), first boot went regularly, and after some minor apps installing ( also had to delete old Flash player from V2, I believe, then charged new one from market ), second boot went smooth and quick ( must say that before I see the ugly announcement some seconds passed by, frightening me ) IT BOOTED !.

So this is the second successfull installation of VC9N ( I had it running for the first day with several on/off cycles and after never succeded to pass the second boot ) on my POV MOBII.

Edited by Alexzandro

Hello everybody

So I am still stuck to the second boot issue. Tried many combo, all with moddestock V2, going through 8.1 full, wipe only cashes, then HC9n, or VC9n straight on moddestock V2, wiping all, no apps charged, or charged only titanium, no apps on SD, but everytime I got a blank lighted screen on second boot. Also tried as suggested from someone installing SETCPU 216 - 1000 mhz, but no way out > blank on reboot. Now on 8.1 running. Next time will try with modestock V1, it also worked for me until VC7 ( I had 7 and patch to 8.1 biuld on moddestock v2 for much time with no issue at all).

Regards

Alessandro

Edit: so even with 8.1 I have same issue. What the hell am I doing wrong ?§@#*ç&%$£

Tried another time also v2 + vc9n wiping only cashes. First time I enconter this, tried several CYANO releases, all the sequencies of Newbe and never had this !!!!! I understand there are several other users who face with this problem, I do not definately think is my fault. posted in Tabletroms also, there is now other in XDA facing this. But I cannot post in dev forum, only in general forum .

Regards

Edit 2 last itme I charged Moddestock v2 I noticed that battery level was indicated to b e like 30%, but I was sure it had to be near 95%, charging was not indicated, while charger was connected, so I wiped battery stats when in CWM, than made something else also ( fixed permissions ) and on reboot ( after flashing HC9N ) I had also a blank screen. Now ( after a new installation V2+HC9N , wiped only two caches), first boot went regularly, and after some minor apps installing ( also had to delete old Flash player from V2, I believe, then charged new one from market ), second boot went smooth and quick ( must say that before I see the ugly announcement some seconds passed by, frightening me ) IT BOOTED !.

So this is the second successfull installation of VC9N ( I had it running for the first day with several on/off cycles and after never succeded to pass the second boot ) on my POV MOBII.

Hav u tried a different sd card?? cos i had sum of the same issues wiv an earlier ROM i changed my sdcard n it booted 1st time after a reflash ..... n i aint had an issue wiv flashing ROMs ever since