Official T-mobile 2.2 update [2011-05-10] Build: ZTE-P729TV1.0.0B02

Guest agpoli

Guest The Soup Thief

Crikey!

That's very public spirited of them just to stick it on the internets for all and sundry to download!

Hats off to t'mobile (as they're known in Yorkshire)

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest markusj
hmm and to the question: is the 850 MHz band offered by T-Mobile in Hungary, and does this update enable it?

It's not offered, but I guess this update enables it. (By upgrading the phone to gen2)

Guest agpoli
hmm and to the question: is the 850 MHz band offered by T-Mobile in Hungary, and does this update enable it?

850 MHz isn't offered here, so I didn't know this update enable it or not.

Guest markusj
850 MHz isn't offered here, so I didn't know this update enable it or not.

Did you upgrade this way? What does Mr. Pigfish say?

// Ezzel upgrade-elted? Az Ask Mr. Pigfish app szerint gen2 lett?

Guest shmizan
It's not offered, but I guess this update enables it. (By upgrading the phone to gen2)

Gen 2 doesn't mean the phone has 850 MHz enabled.

I have TPT'd my phone to Gen 2 and don't have 850 MHz enabled (my provider offers 850 MHz).

Guest unrandomsam
amss.mbn: C9E92A35BB8ECF7CEBCAEA651FFE4261

I think that is different from the Comviq and Sonera updates.

04e9f7ae96e414f4a53df87c7e4aaddd - Latest Softbank (SS RLS3 Softbank)

ac47aa8ea4fe21348146708f89caa855 - Comviq/Tele Sweden

definately different

Guest dadashi

can I flash this on my recently converted Gen2 OLED SF...? and will it be in English?

Edited by dadashi

Guest Zacsipacsi

Ez érdekelne engem is :unsure:

Guest Jekle

Just extracted system.img seems to be a very vanilla version of 2.2 the least branded version i've seen.

I'm guessing the Boot.img is ZTE Branded

Edited by Jekle

Guest h@mster81
can I flash this on my recently converted Gen2 OLED SF...? and will it be in English?

I TPT'd mine, too. Will this method work on upgraded phones as well?

I wonder if any of the devs about to release a ROM based on this one. I would be happy even with an update.zip version of this. :unsure:

Guest agpoli

Mr. Pigfish says it's GEN2 now.

If you used a custom ROM on your Blade, you have to change the custom recovery back to the original one (which has the FTM mode). You don't have to use TPT or anything else, just revert back to the original recovery (I used the Fastboot method), and run the upgrader. After this, use kallt_kaffe's modified z4root app to get root access, install Recovery Manager 0.36b and flash a GEN2 ClockWorkMod recovery. You are now good to go with Swedish Spring, CyanogenMod, etc.

Guest h@mster81
Mr. Pigfish says it's GEN2 now.

If you used a custom ROM on your Blade, you have to change the custom recovery back to the original one (which has the FTM mode). You don't have to use TPT or anything else, just revert back to the original recovery (I used the Fastboot method), and run the upgrader. After this, use kallt_kaffe's modified z4root app to get root access, install Recovery Manager 0.36b and flash a GEN2 ClockWorkMod recovery. You are now good to go with Swedish Spring, CyanogenMod, etc.

Too much hassle. Just wanted to give a try. :unsure:

Guest fonix232
Just extracted system.img seems to be a very vanilla version of 2.2 the least branded version i've seen.

I'm guessing the Boot.img is ZTE Branded

Yep, T-Mobile kept it very stock, only additions are the proper Hungarian translation, some ZTE stuff (FM Radio, dialer, QC diag apps, and ofc the "Update from SD Card" option in Settings -> About Phone), and that's all. Kernel is ZTE, what else it could be? :unsure:

Guest ph0o

Sounds great! :unsure:

On my GEN1 blade currently runs Swedish Spring and RLS4 Clockwork Recovery..

How can i apply this rom? :)

Thanks!

Guest dadashi

Official 2.2 roms are only for Gen2 phones so not for your Gen1 ph0o...

only my question again, if this rom can be installed on my TPT converted Gen2 OLED SF...?

Edited by dadashi

Official 2.2 roms are only for Gen2 phones so not for your Gen1 ph0o...

only my question again, if this rom can be installed on my TPT converted Gen2 OLED SF...?

just tried to TPT this and it failed at first file: amss.mbn

(I am on gen2,upgraded via TPT method)

Edited by Guest

Guest Jekle
just tried to TPT this and it failed at first file: amss.mbn

(I am on gen2,upgraded via TPT method)

Could it because you didn't change the nandroid md5 sum? I actually extracted it and clockwork'd it and the only problem is that it won't install angry Birds It goes to that downloading symbol and then stops doesn't even download anything I'm using my own custom partition layout 145mb System 15mb cache and 280mb data and 0 oem what is the default t-mobile Partition layout 2.2? i've tried installing it with and without a sd card. I have rooted it with z4root by kallt kaffe

And I've tried wiping the cache partition several times.

This happened on Swedish Spring bu,t it would download it and install it but wouldn't let me install another store on sd card location until i reboot and wipe cache

Edited by Jekle