How is the SGS2 compared to LG2X?

Guest ben1th

Guest ben1th

Hi.

I have a LG2X and i dont like it anymore because it has so many problems (black screens and so on ...). I follow Paul on twitter and he changed to the SGS2 so now im planning to do the same. But im a little afraid of that it is a samsung phone (lots of plastic) and it has no tegra what could get really interesting in the future.

I checked some reviews but i couldnt find a compare between lgp990 and sgs2.

So if any of you did that change please tell me how do you think about the change. was it worth it?

Guest saquib

As someone who had the LG2X for a week, I would wholeheartedly recommend the move. It is lighter but feels robust (for some reason it feels better then the original Galaxy, which I had for a few days but ditched as it felt too light/cheap).

Screen is better, runs much much faster. No random reboots/blank screens.

Easy to root.

List goes on, as someone who like Paul has probably had every Android phone release, it does appear to be the best yet.

Hi.

I have a LG2X and i dont like it anymore because it has so many problems (black screens and so on ...). I follow Paul on twitter and he changed to the SGS2 so now im planning to do the same. But im a little afraid of that it is a samsung phone (lots of plastic) and it has no tegra what could get really interesting in the future.

So if any of you did that change please tell me how do you think about the change. was it worth it?

Edited by saquib

Guest t0ph0id
Hi.

I, like many others was trying to decide between the tow, haven't owened the LG but did order it, changed my mind pretty quickly and went for the SGS2.

There are LOADS of comparisons on the web, I'm supreised you can't find any!

Guest ben1th
I, like many others was trying to decide between the tow, haven't owened the LG but did order it, changed my mind pretty quickly and went for the SGS2.

There are LOADS of comparisons on the web, I'm supreised you can't find any!

true, i found some but most the time its about benchmarks. i dont care much about the benchmarks. today i saw the "[GALAXY S II] Official Live Demo -- HD" on youtube and it looks quiete good.

if you have a link to a good compare between sgs2 and lg2x please tell me :unsure:

Guest klimt11
true, i found some but most the time its about benchmarks. i dont care much about the benchmarks. today i saw the "[GALAXY S II] Official Live Demo -- HD" on youtube and it looks quiete good.

if you have a link to a good compare between sgs2 and lg2x please tell me :unsure:

Here it is:

Guest Big_Vlad

This one is simple and not about benchmarks:

LG vs Samsung

I didn't realize that 2X is so bad!

Bad LG...

Guest dherrero

I ve owned a X2 one month and then I moved to SGS2 one week ago. SGS2 is much much much better in every aspect. Try to compare white vs black

Guest NikolayS

I bought LG2X today, but I did so only because the LG was irresistably cheap (350EUR brand new with 2year warranty). As an LG2X owner I will say that if you have money for SGSII go for it. Generally LG2X is not a bad phone, I even love it (coming from Nokia N8 :unsure: ), but it is just inferior to the SGSII.

Guest Chelsea FC

Had the LGO2X for 2 weeks, it sucked the big one. Sent it straight back to Amazon and got my SGSII from the UK, never looked back. It's defo the best phone I've had to date, and I've had quite a few my self ( Hero/Milestone/SGS/Desire and Desire HD/LGO2X)

Guest gin0v4

i never had random reboots or black screens with my lgo2x....

hm, most of the time its the user if sth is broken so......

Guest ben1th
i never had random reboots or black screens with my lgo2x....

hm, most of the time its the user if sth is broken so......

with second device i didnt do anything but calls, mails, sms and one tower defense game. i dont think its the user but its easy to say it is.

Guest Arival

I got the 2x on launch through the Modaco deal and it's a very good phone, I got the Galaxy s2 on contract a few days ago and it blows the 2x away.

The s2 is faster, more responsive, better screen, more memory, more user friendly and polished version of android, less buggy, better camera... The only thing the LG has going for it is it feels more substantial in your pocket, brighter whites on the screen, has a dedicated search button and it looks slightly better imo. I'm sure the LG will get better with time thanks to Cyanogenmod support but the s2 doesn't really need anything beyond rooting, it is as fast as i need a phone to be already and once launcherpro is on it feels exactly like i want an android phone to be. It's light but i don't think it feels cheap at all. Going from one to the other it really does feel like an upgrade.

I think i'll keep the LG to play around with custom roms and just keep the Galaxy as is for my everyday phone, it's spot on as far as i'm concerned.

Guest ben1th

many many thanks for the answers!!!

one last question. on sheet the sgs2 has a better battery than the lg2x. How is that in real? does the sgs2 last longer than the lg2x, is equal or worse compared to the lg2x?

Guest stoolzo
many many thanks for the answers!!!

one last question. on sheet the sgs2 has a better battery than the lg2x. How is that in real? does the sgs2 last longer than the lg2x, is equal or worse compared to the lg2x?

battery life is always a very slipper question, its never ever been a deciding factor in buying a phone for me unless it is utterly dreadful which is very rare these days. Batter life depends a lot on the individuals usage and so you are going to get some people telling you its great and some not.

I find it doesn't last as long as my old HD2 but I have been playing with it more so that doesn't mean anything either. It has two care running at 1.2ghz, that should tell you it isnt going to be the best performing battery anyway.

Dont worry about the battery, at worst it is adequate, at best good, thats really all anyone can tell you for sure.

Guest dagrim1

I own a 2x for about 2 or 3 months now and generally have no problems with it. No issues with lockups, lags or whatever so I'm not complaining about the 2x. I mainly bought it for transition time while I was waiting on the Galaxy S2.

This morning I picked up a S2 though and I must say it simply feels nicer. Reason for going to the S2 was more ram, better camera, better screen (and a mistake of mine, somehow thinking the 2 cores could run asynchronous). First impressions are good but haven't been able to tinker with it extensively because I'm at work now so no root yet, etc.

The screen is gorgeous to look at though, it feels smooth and fast and just made my first call which also sounded great.

First impressions are great and if you can spare the money I'd suggest the SGS2. This doesn't mean the 2x is a bad phone, far from it, the SGS2 is just better and I'm already glad I made the change.

Edited by dagrim1

Guest amunamu

O2X (MoDaCo Fr16 Beta3) / Quadrant: 2722, 2778, 2791, 2917, 2691 / Smartbench 2011: Prod: 2379, 2442, 2536, 2630, 2590 Games: 2506, 2538, 2530, 2562, 2531

SGS2 (stock, XWKDD + Root) / Quadrant: 3741, 3764, 3762, 3681, 3533 / Smartbench 2011: Prod: 3700, 3510, 3585, 3888, 3629 Games: 2248, 2198, 2188, 2178, 2206

Overall, in normal daily use the SGS2 feels so much faster than the O2X. I'm a bit disappointed that I bought the O2X in the first place :unsure:

Edited by amunamu

Guest ben1th

man thats a hard one ... what i want is a real up to date and fast phone (apple products dont count for me). with the lg2x i thought wow finally the tegra phone is out and i bought it. till now im really disappointed because i cant even use it as a alarm because you never know if it will work next morning :unsure: i had 2 devices and both have big problems. so i wrote to lg if they will fix this with an update and i dont want to use the w-support again because last time they scratched my device. they told me it will be fixed soon ... they should bring out this stupid update a little quicker so i can see if i stay or leave the tegra platform grrrrr

Guest Marco_CH

I had the LG2X for a few weeks. In that time I got enough of black screens, reboots, lags and much more severe, exceptionally bad reception in low signal areas and a stunningly bad battery management. Every rom I tried did only help partially.

I moved to the SGS2 and tbh, its a different league. I fully enjoy it. It runs fully smooth in all circumstances, has a lot of value and yes its plastic, but its weight and form factor is so ridicolously awesome, I love it. LG fully badword up this release and tbh, Ill never ever buy again a LG. My first impression of that company in regard of mobile phones is too severely damaged.

Guest BatfinkUK1

It's a big shame LG dropped the ball on the O2x. Ok they got the "World Record" but the Stock ROM is pi55 poor.

I was all set to return my O2X, but then I found MODACO and the whole world of custom ROM's, so I have no need to return it. Paul had done some truly amazing work, his latest ROM is looking like a real winner. Fast, smooth and most importantly stable.

I have no doubt the SGS2 is quicker but it's too soon to completely write off the O2X. It's not even running Gingerbread, lets hope LG don't c0ck it up.

Also the LG is a a lot cheaper. One just sold on ebay for £200!.

Guest lukemo
I ve owned a X2 one month and then I moved to SGS2 one week ago. SGS2 is much much much better in every aspect. Try to compare white vs black

I totally agree with dherrero, my experience was the same... As Iphone 4 user and lover I can say that SGS2 is a serious competitor of Apple products, LG behavior is totally absurd, launching an immature product with no support (apart wonderful job from independent devolopers)... I sold it after a month and now I'm a happy owner of SGS2, waiting for recovery and new roms (I hope) but just to have fun, cause the phone is almost perfect.

Edited by lukemo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest clivec

My findings on this having just moved away from the 2x to an sgs2 is that the problems some ppl have with the 2x is device specific. I got one from my local CEX, and it suffered with the BSOD and random reboots constantly, didn't matter one jot which ROM was on it, it was the same. Cutting a long story short I took it back, swapped it for another one they had and it couldn't have been more different. Smoother, no reboots, no BSOD, not one. Even when running on CM7 or modaco fr18 beta 2, it was rock solid, only thing I would say, however, is that the lack of RAM showed up occasionally.

That said, I have now bought an SGS2, and it is, quite simply, the first android device that I have used (which is many, trust me) that can match IOS in terms of fluidity, even whilst running a live wallpaper too. Having 1Gb of RAM is good, you can really see the difference in use. Only thing I would say is the database write speed is still a little slow, but that's just an observation, in practice it doesn't make a great deal of difference in general use. It is a better phone, but at the price point and with the hardware on board that would be expected.

If you get an LG Optimus 2x that works, however, for the price, and a little modification from modaco, it takes some beating!

Guest GINTAS111

I have both of them.Nothing to compare lg is sh...i bought it first become tired of lags bugs etc. used about 1 month and drop,bought sgs2 is almoust perfect from box.

Guest fuzzyboy

I recently switched from the 2x to the SGS2. Both phones are great hardware wise, but the crap software base that LG delivers make the SGS2 a clear winner. In addition, the screen is bigger, it's lighter and thinner (although probably also less sturdy should you drop it).

The LG is a good piece of hardware though. Once it gets a proper Cyanogen port or Paul fixes the remaing bugs (the latest modaco ROM is much better than stock, but still has a fair share of bugs) it'll be a great phone, but until then, SGS2 beats it by far.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ben1th

finally i bought the sgs2 and compared to the lg2x even if they have similar hardware the sgs2 feels way, way, way, ..., better. the lg2x has the power but lg to write working software. btw thanks to paul. he was the only reason why i used the lg2x and didnt send it back to amazon for the past time.